Copenhagen Island Hotel
US$284
US$248
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$172
2,422 results
All reviewscity centretrain stationmodern hotelfisketorvet shopping mallminute walkoverlooking the waterharbour viewa large shopping centresuperior roomwater frontthe meat packing districtmeatpacking districtan upgradetivoli gardensbusiness hotelpublic transportmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2013

- Specifically asked for a no-smoking and got a smoking room. No matter what they use, when you have carpet and curtain, they stink.
- Booked through their web site, giving full credit card details but when I arrived i didn't have the credit card with me. Told them I would have had next morning as happened. They still wanted first night's cost as deposit in cash. Here is the conversation:
"I can give you 150 euro"
" No we want Danish Krone"
" You basically leave me without local currency and have no credit card!"
"Ohh, they'll take Euros around! "
So, you don't take Euros from your guests but the shop around the corner will ....Thank you very much! .
But this is not the end of it :
- Later at night I had a cup of tea at the bar (cost 28 DK or 4 euro), asked for the bill, signed it and went to my room. I was chased after in my room by staff asking to pay in cash my tea since I had no credit. Thanks God I had a few coins, this saved me from prison probably.
- This is the sort of place where the cup of tea itself is a small cup half full of lukewarm water.
- As pointed out by others, the bed is too soft resulting in uncomfortable sleep.
- Limited parking available and cannot be reserved at the time of booking. i was lucky but it plenty of signs around like "NOT for hotel Guests" ,and there is no such thing as free parking in the nearby streets as falsely claimed by the hotel. Even the mall nearby gives free parking only for three hours !!!
- Breakfast was OK.
I have been to lots of hotel around the world and I have never been treated this way before.

Room Tip: rooms at the front are very noisy due to traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank bridgerobe
alp_12, General Manager at Copenhagen Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for your review on your hotel stay. First of all we are very sorry that you found the hotel stay with us to be unsatisfactory.
It is the hotel policy to ask for a credit card to cover any extras. If a guest cannot provide us with a credit card number, we do ask for a cash deposit. It was clearly our fault to say that we prefer Danish kroner, as we also accept Euros.
Please, note that we do not guarantee smoking/non smoking rooms in advance nor do we guarantee parking spaces in advance. If our parking area is full, parking spaces are available at our sister hotel, The Tivoli Hotel or in the street outside the hotel.
We do hope to welcome you back another time and thus giving you a completely different experience of our hotel.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just arrived back from a lovely 3 night stay at this brilliant hotel. Let me break it down for you -

Location -

Don't be put off by the reviews saying its too far away. OK its not in the centre, but it is only 10 mins walk from Dybbølsbro station (over the main road, over the train lines), which will take you by the very efficient Metro to Central Station in a couple of mins. Central station is opposite Tivoli attractions. To get back to Hotel from Central, platforms 11-12 will go to Dybbølsbro station. So easy!
Alternatively just take a right out the hotel, and follow the river until you hit the centre, 15-20 mins walk. The hotel is next door to a fantastic shopping centre with a huge food court, and supermarket, as well as other shops.

Hotel -

Look truly amazing from outside and the atrium is quite something, with its exposed walkways, and massive glass panel walls. Reception staff were very welcoming, friendly and efficient. We were even given a room upgrade to a superior, as we asked for a 'double bed' (hint). Unfortunately we didn't use the gym so can not comment, but the layout of the hotel is great. The restaurant, where you will have breakfast, dinner etc is lovely, with its sloping glass front, and view onto the water.

Room -

Upgraded to a superior room, which offered a wonderful view of the harbour area, and doors which opened out to it. Very clean, nice decor. comfortable bed. The only downside was the bathroom, which although very clean and a good shower, has a window looking into the bedroom, and a strip of mirror next to the pane of glass, which allows for next to NO privacy. Slightly odd, and i would imagine many people, including couples will hate this 'feature'. Anyway there is also very good wi-fi connectivity, interactive TV, and an international plug adapter can be loaned from reception free of charge. No tea/coffee making facilities which would have been nice, especially for a hotel of this class. Well stocked mini-bar which we didn't touch as hugely expensive.

Breakfast -

Included in our price. Good times to serve (until 10am weekday / 10.30am weekends). Very busy but still able to get a table. Good buffet choices, bread, pastries, rolls, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, yoghurts, hot food is scrambled/boiled eggs, bacon, mini sausages, hash browns. All in all, very good.

Verdict - I have to give this hotel the full 5 stars. I tend to be picky about hotels, but even with the bathroom window issue, no tea/coffee in the rooms, i can't possibly knock this hotel. I researched so many hotels in Copenhagen prior to booking here, and can honestly say for the price (£105 per night inc breakfast), this place is far superior to anything you will find in the 'city centre'. Great location, friendly staff, beautifully designed, well priced. What more could you want?

Room Tip: Superior rooms face the water. Great views. We stayed in Rm 2214
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
alp_12, General Manager at Copenhagen Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you very much for your great review! We will pass on your comments to our staff. They will be delighted to read it. The narrow glass window in the bathroom is an idea by the architect, which allows you to enjoy the harbour view when you are lying in the bathtub.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband made a surprise to me on our 2nd anniversary and we stayed at this hotel for a night (we live in Germany). We drove from North Germany to this hotel with the help of navigation. Do not miss the entrance since Tomtom does not really take you in front of the hotel but to a parallel street. Hotel is next to a big shopping mall, Fiskotorvet (hope I typed that right). First impression of the hotel is there are not enough parking spaces! I have traveled almost 70% of Europe and have not experienced such a thing as "full parking lot". There are hundreds of parking spaces in front of the hotel but they are private and hotel has only 40 (at max) parking permitted spots. Since we have arrived around 7pm, we could not get a spot over there and we had to park to a street which we have been told that its free on weekends. I would still prefer to park in front of the hotel or a garage even better. Although my husband reserved a superior double room, I feel like rooms were small but comfy beds and spacious bathroom. No smell. We had a beautiful view on top floor so it was great :) We had neither a coffee machine nor a kettle on the room and snacks were expensive. We have visited the restaurant for some drinks that we had to pay when we check out. It was pretty busy the time we have visited and I have feeling that this hotel is busy most of the time because of its location. They only had 2 staff working on reservation area, we had to wait min 15 min (not exaggerating) while checking in and also checking out. They have good wireless at least on the points that we have been. Its right next to a huge shopping mall and this mall is open on Sunday's as well (big plus). Finally, its a good hotel. If I go to Copenhagen again, I would try a different hotel, since I like to try different hotels ;)

Room Tip: Ask for the island view and top floor ;)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy anniversary! We would like to thank you for your guest review. You stayed in one of our superior rooms with harbour view. We are glad that you liked our room even though you found the bedroom a bit small. If you would have chosen an executive room or junior suite, you would also have had coffee/tea facilities in the room.
We also offer express check out if you do not want to wait in line at the reception during rush hour.
If our parking area is full, we recommend parking at our sister hotel The Tivoli Hotel.
You are always welcome to stay here again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Always stay there for business trip. Room is clean, spacious. Some of the rooms provide a kettle, some not. The last visit, there were no free bottles of water, will be really nice to have 1 each day for quenching thirst. It is now chargeable in the mini bar. There is shopping just next door - many shops are there (H&M, supermarket etc), so it is convenient for business traveller who doesnt have time for Stroget but need to get something during the trip.

Room Tip: Buy your own bottle of water if you do not want to spend on mini bar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
alp_12, General Manager at Copenhagen Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We would like to thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for giving us 4 out of 5 possible points. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms both clean and spacious.
You are most welcome to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night (November 2nd) with a friend who I was traveling with. The bathroom was very big compared to other European hotels I've stayed in. It was very clean and definitely enough room for the both of us. It's in a quiet part of town, but about a 15 minute walk from the train station (with our luggage). I liked that they had a business center for us to use, we were able to plan the rest of our trip from there. Free Wifi which worked perfectly fine for me on my ipad but didn't work well for my friend on her iphone 5. She kept having to go to the lobby for a better signal. All in all I would reccommend this hotel for a friend, but if I ever go back I'd choose somewhere closer to the center, or a cuter neighborhood.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for giving us 4 points on Tripadvisor and thank you for recommending us to your friends. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.