2,546 results
All reviewscity centretrain stationmodern hotelfisketorvet shopping mallminute walkoverlooking the waterharbour viewa large shopping centresuperior rooman upgrademeatpacking districtthe meat packing districttivoli gardenssmall balconybusiness hotelpublic transportmini bar
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The hotel is located by the harbor and is actually built on its own little "island." The room, although not huge, was quite clean and comfortable. The bathroom actually comes with a tub which was nice. We had dinner at its restaurant and the food was top quality. It also has a very nice view of the harbor. The buffet breakfast offered many varieties of food. It got a little crowded at times, but this is a pretty big facility, so they just opened up the upper level and the problem solved. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
alp_12, Direktør at Copenhagen Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for all your positive comments on our restaurant, breakfast and rooms.
We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again.
Anne Louise Poulsen, General Manager.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel was located next to a shopping mall and cinema. It was walking distance to Andersen's Blvd where other restaurant and stores are. It is close to a lot of restaurant as well. They offer bike rentals here and have a open pool if you fancy a cold dip. They have a wonderful breakfast spread as well. I recommend this wonderful hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your most kind review. It is a pleasure to read your comments and we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to be your choice of hotel for your next visit to Copenhagen. Anne Louise Poulsen, General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is a really good hotel in a good location with really nice and friendly staff. Hotel is clean. Rooms are ok in size going by the usual Copenhagen standard. However, the hallway floor creaks loudly when people walk by and when one door slams, the whole doors on the floor rattle. I could hardly sleep at night. That was the only problem. By the 4th night, I was going crazy cos I hadn't had a good night sleep. Stayed for 8 nights. You can imagine how relieved I felt to leave.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
alp_12, Gæsteansvarlig at Copenhagen Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I am sad to hear about your experience with the noise, I do hope you stopped by the reception in order to find a quieter room. If you have further enquiries regarding your stay, do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind regards
Rie Angéle, Booking coordinator

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This is an interesting hotel built on the harbor. The rooms are small, compared to most American hotel rooms, but a bit larger than some of the hotel rooms where we have stayed abroad. The hotel is next to Fisketorvet, a multi-story mall, with several restaurants and a grocery store, so there are several food choices within easy walking distance. Tivoli Gardens is a 15-20 minute walk away, and the rest of the central Copenhagen area is just beyond Tivoli. The staff of the hotel is great. We ate in the restaurant for our breakfast meals, and it was a typical European/Scandinavian hotel breakfast--eggs, bacon, potatoes, broiled tomatoes, and mushrooms. They also have a wide variety of breads and pastries, with fruits, cold cuts, and cheeses.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbor view. The city room view looks out to some very large buildings, so there isn't much of a view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the stay and the facilities of our hotel and the nearby surroundings. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Rie Angéle, booking coordinator

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The hotel was much bigger than we anticipated. The design and architecture was very innovative with high ceilings that not only transcended the lobby but also the rooms.

The bed a small amount of what looked like coffee stains but one quick call to reception and they sent someone up to wipe down the bed and change all the sheets immediately. Everything else was immaculate and very comfortable. However the bed was a little low for our preference and the pillows were a bit too soft and we felt like we sank into them until we hit the mattress.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. My girlfriend wasn't feeling very well and the staff was very understanding in not charging us for food so she could take her painkillers. As soon as I told them she was unwell a nice lady in the hotel restaurant offered to make her a big jug of mint tea and let me take any food I needed. Also the next day the same thing happened and no fuss was made.

We rented out bikes for the day but then realised it was raining heavily but they had no problem refunding us for the cost of the day rental.

All in all I would definitely come back to Copenhagen when the weather is better and I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very nice hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the stay with us, and we are happy to help with everything possible. We would be happy to welcome you back in the future!

Kind regards