“Excellent location! And people, please stop complaining about the owner of the hotel! :)”
Review of Hotel Loeven

Hotel Loeven
Ranked #96 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have stayed at the Løven hotel for four nights, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised because in the beginning I was a little sceptical due to plenty of negative reviews and complains... However, I experienced something completely different from what a lot of people said about the hotel.

It is a budget hotel, so to say an improved hostel. The main benefits of Løven are the location and very reasonable price! The location is excellent, indeed. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and fresh.

And now, about the owner... I am getting sick to my stomach reading people's reviews about that wonderful woman! Yes, some people may think that she is rude and impolite, but they are wrong... The point is that she, the hotel owner, is a very sarcastic and ironic person, with an amazing sense of humour. And it's pretty much natural that many people who don't understand someone being sarcastic and ironic may think that she or he is "rude" and "unpleasant", From what I experienced, that woman is wonderful and very positive! And best of all, she is very understanding. If you have a problem - just explain it politely. I had some troubles with my credit card and couldn't pay straight away when I arrived but in spite of that, she allowed me to sleep one night so that in the morning I could find an ATM and withdraw cash to pay her!

P. S. If you expect a 5* service, then go to a 5* hotel! ;)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Juras S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wiesba
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Hotel Loeven. The location was great, you are only minutes, walking, from the central train station, several tourist locations, the famous shopping platz, and many bars and restaurants, including the Hard Rock. The hotel sits on the main road, so finding it easy and well secured.
The hotel itself was very nice, you are immediately met by a very friendly and extremely helpful staff and check-in was a breeze. Copenhagen is a pretty expensive city, so it was nice to stay at a hotel that had great rates. The rooms were exceptionally clean and very cozy and my room had it's own bathroom with shower and mini-fridge. The hotel has a shared kitchen area, open at all hours.
Free wifi is also available within the hotel, a great help those with limited or no bandwidth while traveling abroad.
Reading past reviews makes me believe that the owners have listened to their guests. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Vinnie R
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2011

As a family of 5, we stayed here over a long weekend in October. It was the end of mid-term break and we wanted to see Copenhagen. After looking at some of the downtown hotel costs for 5 people, we weren't sure if this trip was within our budget. It was just meant to be a quick weekend getaway - not a full-out vacation.

My husband came across the site for Hotel Loeven, and we booked it. It was great for a budget hotel. We had a large room - much larger than most standard hotel rooms. We had a double bed in 1 room, and then in our 2nd room (which was separated by french doors) there were 3 single beds - perfect for our 3 girls. There was also a small table with 5 chairs (only 2 chairs were out, with 3 piled up), a sink, small stovetop and a small fridge.

The bathroom was very tiny - I could touch across the room both ways without my arms being stretched out - but it served it's purpose!

We took advantage of the Guest Kitchen and made tea in the morning. There was a toaster and a fridge there too - so we could have gotten more creative, but just having a cup of tea before setting out was nice!

The hotel is very well located! We were able to walk to and from the train station with luggage and 3 girls under the age of 10 with no problems.

The hotel is not fancy. It does not look fancy from the outside. The halls are bland ... all white with white doors and linoleum floor. However, the rooms are nice and the location is great! The sheets are provided, and you need to make your own bed (I mean put the sheets on it!) Clean towels are delivered every morning.

We will be returning in the summer to visit Tivoli, which is walking distance - and will definitely stay at Hotel Loeven!

A couple things to work around .... there is a shortage of plugs in the room, so we found ourselves unplugging lamps to charge up iphones and computers. It worked though! Also, our room was right across the street from a church with lovely church bells ringing at 6pm and 8am each morning. Not a problem for us, as our girls had us up before that - but might be a concern for some. Also no wi-fi at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank AugMomto3
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Copenhagen is an expensive city for accommodation (and a lot of other things). The Hotel Loeven is well located just a few blocks from the train station and about a 10 min walk to the pedestrian street/mall.

The rooms are very basic, but very clean and warm. There is also a communal kitchen and fridge.

All in all, the Loeven represents good value for money in an expensive city.

Other important information - there is a supermarket (Lidl), 7Eleven and pub across the street.

Room Tip: As a solo traveller I took a small room with just a single bed. I had understood it came with toilet...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
East Maitland, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Hotel Loeven is situated on one of the main streets of Copenhagen. The reception is located on the first floor with most rooms on the second floor.
This can be difficult if you have luggage as there is no elevator.
Breakfast is not provided at the hotel which is another drawback.
The room we were given was a very large room with 4 single beds and private facilities.Linen is provided but you make your own bed. This is really not a problem as the price of accommodation is cheap for Copenhagen.
The rooms were clean with fresh towels provided daily.
Copenhagen is a great city where accommodation can be expensive. If you are looking for a cheaper clean hotel in a good location then Hotel Loeven is OK.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 July 2011

room are ok, small, kind of clean.
but after a 3 hour rainstorm there was no hot water anymore for the left 3 days. the staff did not advise at all and if asked, said it was not their fault. of course no discount was offered. such a bad service for almost 100 euro. and copenhagen is not really a city with a nice weather. what can you do if it happens in winter?
more over, there are prostitutes and transvestites in hotel's street, also in fron of hotel's door. maybe colourful, but also unsafe.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank switaly

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Closely located to the central station, this hotel was ideal for us as we were entering and exiting Copenhagen by train. Very basic rooms with single beds only, linen was surprisingly ok. Bathroom is a wet room but decent shower. A little loud on the exterior streets, especially on weekends. Helpful reception staff complete with maps and advice on places to eat. The only weird thing I thought was that you have to make up your own bed (not a big deal) but the cleaning staff come in and give you fresh towels each day. In an expensive city, this hotel overall offers good value for money.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank comfytraveller12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copenhagen
Saga Hotel
#5 of 5 in Gentofte Municipality
Hotel Astoria
Hotel Astoria
#87 of 117 in Copenhagen

Been to Hotel Loeven? Share your experiences!