“Good choice for Copenhagen”

Adina Apartment Hotels Copenhagen
Ranked #11 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Riverside, CA
“Good choice for Copenhagen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Adina at the end of a cruise. We walked from the Freeport terminal, but we should have taken a cab due to the distance. Since we arrived in the morning, we were allowed to store our luggage at the Adina while we did some sightseeing until check-in time. The number 26 bus was our friend; we went everywhere on it. (On the weekend it runs every half hour; much more often on weekdays.) Our one-bedroom apartment was spacious and comfortable. The full kitchen included dishes, pots, toaster, and just about anything else a cook would need. We saved lots of money on meals by shopping at the adjacent small Netto store (not a lot of food choice, but enough to get by) and taking care of our own breakfast and dinner. We had a quiet room facing the inner courtyard, but my parents' room faced the street and was noisier. The bed was very comfortable, but I really needed a sheet. I was too hot with the duvet covering me and too cold without it! The lighting in the apartment was not very good, but it was especially bad in the bathroom, making it difficult to put on makeup. The shower was strong, and there was plenty of hot water. If you use the washer and dryer, be aware that the process is extremely slow. It took us hours to get our laundry done. The major headache I dealt with at the Adina is that I could never get access to the one computer that is available to guests in the lobby. And if you want to print boarding passes, you have to pay for the privilege. Also, the people at the front desk were polite, but it seemed that the answer to every question I asked was "Sorry, but..." This made me feel that customer service was not a high priority. On the day we flew home, we walked to the Osterport station from the Adina and conveniently took the train to the airport. Overall, I would stay at the Adina again because we got good value for the price in a very expensive city, but I would be aware of the limitations.

3 Thank 4 Joyful Travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

Just finished a 5 day stint at the Adina. If you feel as though you need to be in the center of town, then the Adina is probably not for you. Otherwise, the Adina is excellent. It's a very short walk to Osterport Station ... from which numerous trains can transport you downtown in a few short minutes. If you rent a bicycle, you are a short ride from just about any Copenhagen location. The apartment concept (i.e. bedroom, living room & kitchen) is quite nice - even if you do not spend much time in the room. The kitchen equipment included a toaster, french press and various pots and pans. I considered it to be a luxury to be able to prepare oatmeal, coffee & grilled cheese sandwiches for several breakfasts and/or lunches. The walls and doors of the Adina seem to be constructed out of substantial materials. I never heard any noises from other guests or otherwise while trying to sleep. The bed was comfortable and I slept great during my stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Flankster
Larne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

Stayed in this hotel before our cruise. Not far from the cruise terminal or the Little Mermaid. {Isn't the Little Mermaid the most pathetic looking thing?}
Roomy and modern.
Very helpful staff who sorted out my intenet queries with great patience. {I couldn't find the @ key what with all the weird Danish letters on the keyboard!}
Good secure room for luggage.
Highly recommended with the only downside being the location as it was a bit far from central Copenhagen if one stayed on for sightseeing, though we walked into the city centre along the waterfront.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

I stayed recently at the Adina Apartment Hotel when I visited Denmark with friends. We met other friends of ours who have children and decided on this place because it offered a variety of options that worked for all of us. If you’ve got kids, you’ll like that it’s an apartment hotel because the kitchenettes are great…not just for kids actually. We were able to go to the grocery store nearby and stock up on fun foods (popcorn, chips, candy, drinks) and also some staples for basic meals and that saved us time trying to get everyone going in the morning while getting ready and also money, not to mention that we were concerned about cutting into sightseeing time if we were having to figure out where to eat in the morning that would appeal to everyone in our little group.

Some of us did enjoy a dip in the indoor pool and I have to say this felt great after a full day of walking around. We also enjoyed a drink at the bar and the staff were friendly and shared interesting tidbits about Copenhagen’s royalty. We were in two different rooms, two of us in one and a family of four in the other and we felt comfortable in the rooms. You don’t always know what to expect in Europe in terms of spacious rooms, but we felt that we had plenty of room, even after six days of togetherness!

Taking the bus was simple and a few of us enjoyed renting bikes one morning. I liked the location and we felt that we had a good mix of accessibility to sights while also experiencing local flair.

I would go back to this hotel; I really felt like I was on vacation, but I also had a lot of the comforts of home and it saved me money that allowed me to enjoy a great visit. And I did not add an international plan to my BlackBerry nor bring my laptop, but I was able to get online using the hotel’s computer—this was great to check email and our flight status home.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank TourFrenzy
Avoca Beach, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

We were looking for an apartment hotel as we were travelling with another couple & the reviews indicated that this would be perfect. The rooms were great & perfect for 2 couples travelling together. However the reviews we read mentioned a 10 minute flat walk to the city when in fact it is a 40 minute walk to Nyhavn.
The beds are very comfortable, with bathroom facilities for each bedroom. There is a central lounge & kitchen. A washing machine & dryer are located in one of the bathrooms. The hotel is a comfortable walking distance to the train station. Breakfast in the restaurant is of a good standard & plenty of variety. Overall the hotel is everything previous reviews indicated except the location.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Bozeman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

The hotel was very nice and modern. It was about a 10 minute walk to the train station and a 30-minute walk to the downtown area. There is a grocery store around the corner, and the rooms have a kitchenette, so it's easy to make your own meals if you would like.

Offaly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

This is a very professional and well-run apartment hotel. We were on the last leg of a Sweden/Denmark holiday and didn't want to throw all our money at one of the decent city centre hotels, so we opted for Adina. We took the 2 room suite (bedroom, kitchen/living room) which is worth the extra if you are planning to cook like we did and don't want the smell in your sleeping area.

If you are on a budget in Copenhagen, this is the best way to save money if you don't want to book a cheap hotel and don't want to go down the hostel route. Thats not to say its a budget hotel...far from it. The rack rate is quite high, the place is very popular and I personally witnessed a businessman being told there were no available rooms on arrival. You save money here if you turn down the minbar, pay tv, parking and other such charges. If you start adding those extras, the choice of hotel stops making sense pretty quickly. Buy your food at Netto (40 metres from the doory and cook your food in the apartment. Copenhagen is prohibitively expensive for eating, so over the course of a week you could save a couple of hundred Euro! Make use of the washing machine and dryer in your room if you have these (Bring your own washing powder tablets and a couple of dishwasher tablets too). The pool is quite narrow but adequate and very clean. Always bring a towel from your room down just in case, as sometimes late in the evenings they run out of clean hotels in the pool area. Just use it at non-peak times (generally the later the better, as the kids will all be in bed by then). Very early in the morning is good too.

All in all a good hotel experience. The cleaning standards were very good in our room,contrary to one or two past reviews. Would stay there again anytime.