Ascot Apartments
Imperial Hotel(Copenhagen)
Average 3/5
Hotel SP34(Copenhagen)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsseparate wcnice apartmentwashing up liquidtivoli gardensliving roomsmall kitchendaily maid servicecentral stationself cateringdining tableapartment buildingextra spacecoffee makerminute walkby european standardslocation is fantasticsingle bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is not a real budget option, but we got a very nice, clean apartment in a very good location. It was pretty spacious for two person, and even the couch was very comfortable to sleep on! Lots of places to eat or drink nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gyula N
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Let me start off by saying what was great about the hotel... LOCATION! Yes, right near Tivoli gardens, a short walk to Stroget, near 3 train/metro stations and close to the copenhagen visitor center. Plenty of restaurants and 3 food markets (irma, Netto & rema) walking distance for the kitchen in your apartment. Saturday night Tivoli Gardens has a fireworks display and the penthouse balcony is like having front row seats! :) Theres also a movie theater right next door so its great for a rainy day.
I stayed here with my husband and 2 1/2 year old daughter. Needed the apartment setting becasue of my toddler- kitchen was a big help in feeding her both breakfast and dinner. There wasn't many apartment options in Copenhagen, so this was sort of the only game in town.
THE PLACE WAS A DIVE... 2 star hotel (american standards) at best. We had a penthouse apartment when we first walked in we smelt sulfer/sweage... why?? because the bathroom pipes were backing up. so our whole trip we aired out our bathroom. Then our apartment was the first one off the elevator-- if you get a penthouse apartment- the entrances to your apartment is on the balcony- so you have to pass other peoples livingrooms before you get to the door of your apartment. so there is NOOoo PRIVACY. so if its hot, and you want to open a window or door... everyone passes by and sees directly into your room!! Not to mention church bells go off EVERY 15 MINUTES UNTIL MIDNIGHT! good luck getting a toddler to sleep as church bells go off 10 times in a row~ 4 times an hour!!! I was there for 5 nights and saw no staff except at the front desk. They ask that you wash your own dishes, but leave you no dish soap or sponge. so you have to assume the dishes weren't very well washed from the people who had your room before you- thus pre wash your plates etc. The elevator was the smallest thing i ever saw, possibly too small for one adult and 2 pieces of luggage. If you get the penthouse stay away from room 661 because its right at the elevator and you hear everything you also have everyone walking by your bedroom and living room, so good luck having the windows open! I had high hopes for this hotel- didn't expect the Ritz Carlton- but didn't realize the noise from the street/bars and churches would have been SOOO DISRUPTIVE! I was hoping to enjoy the balcony, but it was a shared balcony so I didn't feel comfortable sitting in my pajamas having coffee when the guy from next door could see me from his couch!
Between the noise and the disgusting smell from the bathroom I was so ashamed that I paid what I did for this hotel. If your a family- good luck finding something else because this is not the place for you. I did stay in another hotel while I was in Copenhagen with business and it was nothing like this! Not an apartment, but much Much better- so look around. There is construction going on right in front of the hotel so it looks terrible too.
I didn't make any complaints to the front desk, because I dont think they would have cared about it very much- i know it would have fell on deaf ears... so why bother.

Room Tip: I don't think the penthouses are worth the extra expense. stay away from 661- near elevator and first room on balcony walk out. not updated and clearly worn down
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank kristie F
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have stayed at the top floor of the Penhouse on the 67 building. 3 of us and 1 bedroom with and extra bed. Nice roof top with beautiful view. No A/c, but if you open the window, it is plenty of breeze and nice view. Convenient location, quite a few restaurants within walking distance. Hotel is right next door and they are nice. Breakfast is buffet and average. We book our room through Hotels.com and stated that breakfast is included and at the end, we got charge $30US for breakfast each day. Beware of that.
The taxi ride from the airport was $250kr. Free internet wifi that is fast. I would come back and stay in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Run_ar0und
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stay at Ascot apartments was disappointing. In a nutshell: does not live up to the expectations given by the hotel's internet site, and hotel staff was unkind. All in all, certainly not 4* quality. Here's my pro and con list:

Pros:
+ location was super. walking distance from great restaurants and shopping, also central railway station was close by
+ room was spacious
+ breakfast had pancakes and yummy cheese

Cons:
- room was nothing like the online pictures promised, but much older and less attractive
- room was not properly cleaned, but e.g. our bed cover had large, visible stains
- shower offered only cold or hot water, and water pressure was nonexistent
- hotel staff was really rude when why tried to give them feedback about being disappointed in our room. bed cover was not changed although i told them about the stains
- maybe just bad luck, but saturday night featured a loud concert that went on until 5 am (!), and since we were facing the street, the noise was _loud_

Perhaps the hotel side (not apartments) is better, don't know. The apartments were, however, terribly overpriced for the actual quality.

Room Tip: We were in apartment 842 (if I can recall correctly), don't take that one. Old-fashioned, dirty, not recently renovated. Ask for a recently renovated apartment instead or stay at the hotel (or, even better, another hotel)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ina N
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Spacious for 4 people. Kitchenette, water closet, bedroom with full bed (room attached with bathtub including shower and sink with mirror, no toilet - only 1 in apartment in WC), living area includes 2 single sofa/beds, table with 4 chairs, and television. Clean accommodations. It took me a while to find accommodations for 4 people in Copenhagen that did not require booking 2 rooms. Glad to find this place. Walking distance to Trivoli Gardens and around City Centre. Bistro in main hotel had good food (large portions).

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family