“Good size, a little impersonal, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ascot Apartments

Ascot Apartments
Ranked #64 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
“Good size, a little impersonal, good value”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed last week as I had heard there is more space if you try an apartment hotel in Copenhagen. Anyone who travels a lot in this areas will know its expensive and a lot of the central places are very small. So this has bedroom with 2x small single beds, a huge living area, a kitchen with equipment, bathroom, separate wc, and closet for ironing... a lot of space for the money. Shame I only stayed the one night, but it was clean and reasonably priced. You need to exit the hotel and walk 20 meters to get the separate entrance. Didn't have time to try breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor as its on the road..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was sure I had booked an apartment on Olotel but it turned out to be a hotel room ..... Whether my incompetence or Olotel 'lack of clarity' or Ascot dodgy naming convention ('Ascot Apartments' offer non-apartments, that's for sure ..... hence this review on the 'Apartments' label, not the 'Hotel') I don't know - but that's the first and last time I use Olotel. Will stick to tried and tested competitors in future with whom I have have never had this problem.

That apart, the hotel room I booked at Ascot Apartments was OK. (Well, it didn't have the fridge or microwave I was expecting from Olotel's website, but that was no big deal really). Smallish double, a little hanging space and medium sized clothes drawers, TV, wet bathroom but good shower curtain kept the water mostly away from the rest of the floor. Loud nightclub nextdoor (still going strong at 2 am on a Friday even for our 4th floor room. We're good sleepers so again, no big deal).

Location excellent - 5 minutes walk from main station and Tivoli.

Clean.

Would I come here again ? Yes, but my preference would be to try somewhere else in the neighbourhood first. Value for money a little above average for Scandinavia.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sweden
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Bad hotel in a good location close to Strøget and other attractions. Apartment was spacious but decor old and depressing. Pictures on the internet did not have anything to do with the current state of our room. Kitchen was small and dirty. The furniture in the room were dated. There was a bed smell in the bathroom throughout our stay. Good location seems to be the only advantage of this hotel. Overall, I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank dagajaga

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Apartments are 2 mins walk from the train station (Train seems to be quickest and cheapest way to central Copenhagen from the airport), right in the centre of Copenhagen and around the corner from Tivoli. Very close to a 'corner shop' selling basics like bread, milk, juice, toothbrush etc. Also very close to a number of restaurants, bars, cafes and the main shopping street, Stroget.
The entrance to the apartments was a few doors down from the hotel reception and was accessible with your room key card. We worked out that some of us managed to deactivate our cards by putting them next to our mobile phones in handbags! No problem though, reception were very efficient at reactivaing them.
Apartemnts had 1 double bedroom with an ensuite bathroom - bath with shower over (this was also the main bathroom so you had to step into the bedroom from the living area to get into the bathroom. Not a problem for us as we were a group of female friends), a living area with 2 separate, very comfortable sofa beds, a dining table, coffee table, a small kitchen and a separate toilet with small washbasin in the hallway. The apartments have an iron, ironing board, hairdryer, kettle, towels, bedding, shower and handwash gel, washing up liquid, free wifi. We paid a small amount extra for breakfast which was a buffet in the resataurant just off reception. Fantastic choice of continental breakfast items - cereal, fruit, breads, crackers, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurt, juice, tea, coffee, pancakes, eggs, sausages, pate etc. Well worth the money! Breakfast was served 7.30 - 10.30am on the weekend. Checkout was at 11am, quick and easy with luggage storage in a room just off reception if needed. Overall a great apartment for a group of friends or a family.

Room Tip: 8 girls stayed in apartments 913 and 915 (4 in each). Neither had a great view but we weren't th...
4 Thank Sarah C
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is not a real budget option, but we got a very nice, clean apartment in a very good location. It was pretty spacious for two person, and even the couch was very comfortable to sleep on! Lots of places to eat or drink nearby.

3 Thank Gyula N
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Let me start off by saying what was great about the hotel... LOCATION! Yes, right near Tivoli gardens, a short walk to Stroget, near 3 train/metro stations and close to the copenhagen visitor center. Plenty of restaurants and 3 food markets (irma, Netto & rema) walking distance for the kitchen in your apartment. Saturday night Tivoli Gardens has a fireworks display and the penthouse balcony is like having front row seats! :) Theres also a movie theater right next door so its great for a rainy day.
I stayed here with my husband and 2 1/2 year old daughter. Needed the apartment setting becasue of my toddler- kitchen was a big help in feeding her both breakfast and dinner. There wasn't many apartment options in Copenhagen, so this was sort of the only game in town.
THE PLACE WAS A DIVE... 2 star hotel (american standards) at best. We had a penthouse apartment when we first walked in we smelt sulfer/sweage... why?? because the bathroom pipes were backing up. so our whole trip we aired out our bathroom. Then our apartment was the first one off the elevator-- if you get a penthouse apartment- the entrances to your apartment is on the balcony- so you have to pass other peoples livingrooms before you get to the door of your apartment. so there is NOOoo PRIVACY. so if its hot, and you want to open a window or door... everyone passes by and sees directly into your room!! Not to mention church bells go off EVERY 15 MINUTES UNTIL MIDNIGHT! good luck getting a toddler to sleep as church bells go off 10 times in a row~ 4 times an hour!!! I was there for 5 nights and saw no staff except at the front desk. They ask that you wash your own dishes, but leave you no dish soap or sponge. so you have to assume the dishes weren't very well washed from the people who had your room before you- thus pre wash your plates etc. The elevator was the smallest thing i ever saw, possibly too small for one adult and 2 pieces of luggage. If you get the penthouse stay away from room 661 because its right at the elevator and you hear everything you also have everyone walking by your bedroom and living room, so good luck having the windows open! I had high hopes for this hotel- didn't expect the Ritz Carlton- but didn't realize the noise from the street/bars and churches would have been SOOO DISRUPTIVE! I was hoping to enjoy the balcony, but it was a shared balcony so I didn't feel comfortable sitting in my pajamas having coffee when the guy from next door could see me from his couch!
Between the noise and the disgusting smell from the bathroom I was so ashamed that I paid what I did for this hotel. If your a family- good luck finding something else because this is not the place for you. I did stay in another hotel while I was in Copenhagen with business and it was nothing like this! Not an apartment, but much Much better- so look around. There is construction going on right in front of the hotel so it looks terrible too.
I didn't make any complaints to the front desk, because I dont think they would have cared about it very much- i know it would have fell on deaf ears... so why bother.

Room Tip: I don't think the penthouses are worth the extra expense. stay away from 661- near elevator and...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank kristie F
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have stayed at the top floor of the Penhouse on the 67 building. 3 of us and 1 bedroom with and extra bed. Nice roof top with beautiful view. No A/c, but if you open the window, it is plenty of breeze and nice view. Convenient location, quite a few restaurants within walking distance. Hotel is right next door and they are nice. Breakfast is buffet and average. We book our room through Hotels.com and stated that breakfast is included and at the end, we got charge $30US for breakfast each day. Beware of that.
The taxi ride from the airport was $250kr. Free internet wifi that is fast. I would come back and stay in the future.

2 Thank Run_ar0und