“Great Location, Plenty of Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ascot Apartments

Ascot Apartments
Ranked #62 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location, Plenty of Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I had our daughter with us for this weekend and found the apartment ideal for what we wanted. The apartment was well appointed with a full kitchen and you were supplied with all you would need to cook a 3 course meal. There was lots of room and the separate toilet was a good idea. We were able to open all the windows to let in fresh air and the hotel also provided a laundry, which was very handy to us at the time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We really liked this place. We needed a room for a couple and 1 single friend and this place fit the bill perfectly. The apartment was really big, nicely furnished, sunny, quiet and pleasant. And reasonably priced, too. So much more comfortable for 3 people than just a hotel room or suite. We all agreed we could have stayed a week. The couple took the bedroom and our friend slept on the nice single in the living room. There was a really nice bath off the bedroom and a separate WC and small sink off the entry foyer. Too bad the bath didn't have a toilet, my only complaint. Very friendly and helpful staff, and excellent breakfast in a big, pretty dining room. Good location a short walk from the station and many city sights. They even have bikes you can borrow. This place was a hit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am surprised at the negative reviews. This is not a four star property, but the apartments are spacious and you cannot beat the location. It was not luxurious but clean and everything worked and there was a good amount of space. There were two bathrooms but only one toilet, which was a bit annoying. The kitchen was well equipped. The one-hour wifi limit per device per 24 hours was annoying but it is not hard to work around. I thought it was a great value given that Copenhagen is an expensive city and we got lots of space right in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Tivoli side is better. Penthouse is best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank friedman29
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Booked and paid in advance for a 'penthouse' apartment, ended up with 2 small rooms that looked nothing like the photos on their website. Although the booking company did contact the hotel and gave us the option to change rooms, we had already slept there for 2 nights. You should get what you paid for in the first instance. If we had known what room we were actually going to get then we wouldn't have booked it.

Block out curtains on all windows are needed, particularly in summer as the sun comes up around 4:30 in the morning and it doesn't get dark until 11:00. The small window in the bedroom only had a light Venetian blind so we ended up putting our hand luggage and curtains in it to fill the gap.

Reception staff on arrival not helpful or friendly at all, certainly not welcoming after a 22 hour flight. Left our bags in the luggage room (down the stairs) and walked Copenhagen until our allotted check in time. Housekeeping came daily but didn't change sheets at all in the 4 nights we stayed there (not sure if this is normal).

Location is good, close to Tivoli, walking distance to town and quite a few restaurants in the area. Supermarket was a 5 minute walk away and had what we needed as there was no coffee, tea or sugar in the kitchenette.

We were able to get late check out - 400DKK extra. 1 hour free wifi daily, then you pay extra.

Returning to Copenhagen at the end of this month but definitely WON'T be staying here!

Room Tip: We had room 666 (that should have given us a hint) so avoid that one and probably anything from 660...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Solitafrank

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We had stayed at the ascot hotel before so when I next stayed here with my family we decided to get an apartment. What a mistake!
They obviously get away with their central location being the reason why they can dismiss any complaints people have.
I booked a two bedroom apartment for my parents, requested a cot ( which wasn't set up for us) and for my husband and I to stay 3 nights... We got in our run down room with an old double bed and a fold out couch! Yep a fold out couch is what they think is ok to sell for $400 per night! And we were told we were actually 'upgraded'.
So I thought I'd go down and speak to the front desk about it. They argued with me for around 15 mins, told me I got what I paid for and then when I asked to speak to the manager she continued to argue with me for another 10! I suggested that I look at other rooms and make a compromise and she reluctantly agreed. Awful and unnerving experience after 24hr flight from Australia... All I wanted was a shower!
We ended up taking a bigger room, as I just didn't want to fight with them any more. It was bigger but so dated and stank of cigarettes. Urghhhh.
I would've asked for my money back but we booked on bookings.com so couldn't do this.
Copenhagen is such a cool city so this hotel is not worth going to or paying for. Shame they were so good 3 years before! Needs new management badly!!!!!

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Stkildamum
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Apartment 933, had a spacious main room. The second room is quite small. Has adequate wardrobe storage.
Negatives
Furniture & kitchen was dated and didn't resemble the pictures on the website.
The kitchen had limited glasses for 4 guests and no plug. Limited dish washing detergent.
The toilet is in a small room that is located next to the kitchen and the window in the toilet looks out to the kitchen( though it is opaque glass). My children were put off by the window.
Very noisy music area opposite from around 4pm to 8 pm.
The curtains are sheer so provide little protection at night during summer. This was a huge issue for us as Copenhagen was our first stop on our trip & were unaccustomed to the night time light.
Located near nightclubs so a lot of drunk people still around on the streets at 7am ( Friday & Saturday nights only)
Positives
Well located near the main train station and easy to walk to all main areas.
Rema mini market is close by and 24 hour McDonalds is close too. Beware it is very busy with drunk revellers at 4am on Sunday morning!
Staff were helpful and luggage storage was a bonus.
The on site Italian restaurant is handy if you don't want to walk a few blocks for dinner.
Secure entry and building.
Overall, it was a bit pricey for what you get. Is more a 3 or 3 1/2 star apartment than 4 star.

Room Tip: Ask for one with heavy curtains or not in direct light during summer
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Boynton Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The apartments are very spacious, there were four of us and we were quite comfortable. Very clean and the location couldn't be better, you are within walking distance of Tivoli Gardens and some of the other top Copenhagen locations.

Copenhagen is an expensive city so this is ideal for families.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family