“Value for money”

and 1 more site!
Bed & Breakfast BONVIE
Ranked #28 of 42 Copenhagen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Years ago, I stumbled over this B&B and whenever I am coming through Copenhagen and need a night or 2, this is where I go.
Yes, it is not a 5* hotel, but it is great in everything else!
Location especially and Birgit, the owner, is a great and friendly person.
You must share the WC and the bathroom in most rooms, but if you know that, so what!
It is great value for money

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 June 2012

For the price paid and its great location, this b&b can be considered as a great find. This b&b location is perfect, it is located on the main pedestrian/shopping st. of CPH and very close to the train station, lots restaurants & bars. The room & bathroom were clean, bed was comfortable & suitable for 2 people & the room had a free wifi.
On the otherside, the room had no key or lock!!!, it was really small and couldn't fit both our bags, and finally, when checking out we wanted to leave our bags till the time of our train & the owner charged us for this (first time ever that this happens to me)!!!!!!!!
All in all, for the price & location, I would recommend this hotel, but you've to be ready to sacrifice some comfort in exchange.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mobz11
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I went to copenhagen at the end of may 2012 together with my sister and mother. When we arrived at the b&b, we saw that there was only 1 bed (for 2 people). We asked her about the third one, she explained that she 'forgot'. Now one had to sleep with a mattress on the floor. Then we heard that we had to share one dirty bathroom with ALL the rooms. With one other room would have been fine. Also, we had to walk from our room to the stairway (where people can come in anytime) to the entrance of the bed and breakfast and then walk all the way to the back. That would have been horrifing to go to at nighttime!! We were sure that we didn't want to stay there!! We asked for our money back (our payment in advance) because we wanted to leave. Out of the blue she said that we HAD TO pay for our first night. Then my sister and her were getting into a big fight. During this the women heard the phone ringing and went inside again. That's when we decided to just run out of there!!!! We didn't got our advance payment back but we just had to live with that. I will NEVER return to this place EVER again!! We then were 'homeless' and came at the hotel Andersen. That was the most lovely hotel, very very VERY clean (especially compared to the B&B) we loved it there and we ended up having the best time in Copenhagen!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kirsten_eo
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We were warmly welcomed by Bridget, who owns the B&B Bonvie, she appears very helpful and passionate about CPH going green.
Most rooms in the B&B share a bathroom, but we elected for the double room with facilities. The addition of the bathroom does make the room a bit small and we had to re-arrange the furniture to get our case in and have good access to it. This is essential, as there is no cupboards to unpack your cloths into. Apart from that we found the room very cosy and it's located facing a courtyard, so no noise from the busy street. The street is Stroget, which is the main pedestrian shopping artery, so the location is perfect for visiting this small compact city. Room has a kettle and a good selection of tea and coffees. It was freezing cold outside, but the big radiator in the room made the room toasty!

Room Tip: Get the room with facilities it's still good value although the room is small it's cosy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and me stayed at BB Bonvie for a week. Common mark for it is 9/10.

PLUSES:
Location: Hostel is lockated in the most central place of Copenhagen - only few steps from City Hall, at the begining of the most popular Copenhagen's pedestrian street Stroget. You cannot find better location than BB Bonvie. Also it is only 500 m from Central station - you can get everywhere in Denmark and, I think, in Sweden too.

Quietness: Despite hostel is located at the street, which never sleeps, especially on Friday and Saturday, there is almost no noise. We could sleep without problems.

Equipment: there were kettle, 2 cups and plates, also coffee, tea and sugar in the room. Very convinient for morning coffee, because coffee at cafes is very expensive. Also we could use microwave oven sometimes (it is in hostel's kitchen)

Price: quite normal form expensive Copenhagen.

MINUSES:

Un-/convinience and un-/cleaness: WC, sink and dusch is only one for 5 rooms and they are in common room, so it was VERY unconvinient. Even at night we had to wait. Brrrrrrr...... Room was very clean. WC/dusch room was clean, until some scruff guests didn't make it quite dirty, especially last days.

Hostess: Hostel's owner is very nice and pleasant woman. But it is not really convinient, that she lives at hostel. So sometimes you can feel like unexpected guest at somebody's home. Almost no privacy. Hostel looks like big flat with unlocked rooms' doors. Sometimes front door is not locked, so you can feel a little bit unsafe.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank saulejanusonyte
Reviewed 18 June 2011

My experience with Bonvie BB was apalling! I reserved a room in writing two months before my trip since I wanted to stay in the city center and the price seemed ok. After several weeks I got an email - just a couple of lines - with this sentence "I made a mistake, your reservation is canceled. Sorry". It is the first time it happens to me in my several trips. It is so obvious that in the meantime she got another request (perhaps from a regular guest) and she just couldn't care less about keeping her word. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank banstella
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We chose this B&B because of the good comments that we found on tripadvisor and we were very disapointed. The B&B is located in a central area but in a very noisy and dirty street (I think probably the only one in Copenhague). There is only one bathroom for all the rooms with the only toilet in the bathroom so in order to go to the toilet in the evening and in the morning you have to wait a very long time...The corridor where all the rooms are is very dark but most of all it smells very bad. We didn't expect something amazing but it was still a big disapointment. And the owner made us pay for each small backpack when we ask if we could leave them for 4 hours in the B&B.
I don't see how there can be a worse B&B in Copenhague!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends