“Lunch Stop”

Ranked #165 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: £16 - £41
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Welcome to one of Copenhagen’s oldest and most beautiful restaurants. In 1910, Christian Krogh, saw a unique opportunity and opened a fish restaurant on Gammel Strand, just where the fishwives sold their fresh produce. He hired the best architects in the city to create the most beautiful surroundings for his great dining experience. Since then, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge at nearby Holmens Kanal and the famous restaurant has many stories to tell. We are proud to carry on Christian Krogh’s tradition, because we recognize what a rare and important place a restaurant like ours is: a thriving metropolis must develop and indeed Copenhagen is evolving, with its new neighborhoods, its metro and its green initiatives. But a city also needs places like Krog’s if it is to keep its identity and its charm. Our aim is to preserve and strengthen Krog’s status as a landmark in the heart of Copenhagen. We look forward to welcoming anyone who has an appetit for the best fresh fish i
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This lovely little restaurant is tucked away but well worth finding. We had a super light lunch of prawns on bread washed down with a glass of Chabli. Prices reflect the quality of the establishment, the outside seats get the sun in the summer.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Just had a perfect dinner at Krogs! Really good langoustine tartare with some bisque, and delicious lobster tail, perfectly paired with some Riesling wine - 430 krones in total (almost 60€). Enjoyed every bite.

1  Thank Evelina Č
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had a great time at Krogs. The food, service and atmosphere were absolutely fantastic and top notch. The staff were so friendly and helpful too. Very highly recommended

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I heard about Krogs Fiske Restaurant from a passenger on a Silver Seas Cruise I was on while in Scandinavia on vacation during July 2017. So, while in Copenhagen I decided to spend time enjoying a dinner at this restaurant. I asked the concierge to make dinner reservation for me and my partner. The person at the restaurant said they had no available time after 6pm. So, based on the recommendation I agree and accepted the 6pm reservation time. We arrived and were seat at a table at 6pm. After ordering and eating are appetizer it was close to 7pm and there were plenty of tables available. I asked myself why we could not get a reservation later in the evening. Around 8pm after having dessert we were finished and left. Still there were many empty tables. Both my partner and I ordered the lobster appetizer. It was served to us under cook, parts of it were raw. I ordered the white fish for my main and my partner ordered the lamb chops. My fish was mushy and tasted under cooked. I asked my partner about his lamb chops. He mentioned that the lamb served on the Silver Sea cruise was much better and that the lamb at Krogs Fish was fatty. He said they had not trimmed the fat off and by not properly trimming the fat off the lamb was tough. Basically, the lamb was not properly prepared and was small and fatty. Because we were on vacation my friend was taking pictures of all our meals, every day & every night. We have pictures of the meal that was served to us while eating at Krogs Fisk Restaurant. And, I am SHOCKED and DISGUSTED to see what the chief at Krogs Fisk Restaurant did to my White Fish meal while he was preparing it. He deliberately sabotaged the presentation of the White Fish meal. Why I don't know. I know that there is a place here on Trip Advisor to post pictures. However, after looking at the picture of the white fish meal that was served to me I have decided not to post. I have contacted my VISA card company to dispute this charge. And I am going to contact the Copenhagen, Denmark, EU Food Law Department to file a legal complaint against the Chief our Waiter & Krogs Fisk Restaurant owner. What happened to us and the way we were treated is WRONG. This problem & the service we received while at Krogs Fisk Restaurant is not going away!

Date of visit: July 2017
6  Thank John C
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were told the restaurant had no available reservations before 6pm so we book at that time. We were seated at a table at 6pm and know one was in the restaurant, Around 7pm a few people showed up and we asked ourselves why we had to arrive at 6pm. Plenty of tables were still available at 8pm when we were finished and left. We each ordered the poached lobster for our appetizer. It was served to us raw, horrible, I ordered the lamb chops. They were small and full of fat. My fried order the white fish, which was mush and tasted bland. This restaurant was highly rated but the meals they served us were bad, and down right awful. Our meal tab was $250 US. The food at this restaurant is overrated. 2 very bad dinners. !

Date of visit: July 2017