“Cutting edge modern Scandi cuisine at reasonable prices”
Review of Restaurant Cofoco

Restaurant Cofoco
Ranked #68 of 2,983 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: £6 - £20
Cuisines: French, Danish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave
Description: Our bright basement restaurant in the heart of Vesterbro is where it all began in 2004, and Restaurant Cofoco is still one of a kind in our palette of dining options. Both the food and the decor is full of contrasts; the rustic and the elegant, the simple and the complex. We start with great Danish ingredients and prepare them in the way they shine brightest; in Danish, sometimes Mediterranean, and at other times with inspiration from far corners of the globe. All dishes are served as small plates, allowing you to taste more and possibly share. We tie it all beautifully together with our love for the great meal and gastronomy you can understand.
Reviewed 24 July 2016

In a city where good eating is very expensive this place is a real find. We had the four course menu (the minimum really as all dishes are fairly small but the flavours are really intense). The mussel soup and the elderflower yoghurt dessert stand out in one's memory. Many of the ingredients were locally sourced or "hedgerow" and prepared with great attention to detail. There was beautiful home-made bread and interesting petits fours with the coffee (extra). Wine was a bit pricey but one would expect that really. Excellent value for the quality and as good as Michelin starred restaurants we have eaten in before. Go there!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Atmosphere was relaxed and cosy. Food was simple, good, fresh and light! The prices are good for what you get and the staff were very nice.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Ala carto and course menu available but recommend course especially 5 dishes. All fine taste and well balanced with French style. Inside also really nice. Can be used for special day.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

This place is so good that my son stopped being an atheist. "This mussel soup is soooo good, it has to have been created by a higher power". We turned up with no reservation but bags of charm, so they did give us a table. The table was long and separated by windows that made you want to knock on them and wave at the people next to you. We spent a good while staring at the menu, trying to decide what to do. The charming server explained everything to us and we decided to skip the set course menu and go rogue and a la carte. My son and I had the Muslingersuppe and the rest of the family had, erm, I've no idea, as they didn't have the mussel soup, so it really doesn't matter. After spending all day hearing about Danish pork, I decided that I should have some, so I went for the Svinebryst (Port Belly), which was exceptional, although the Rib-Eye (rib-eye) did look great too. My daughter declared it the best thing that she'd eaten - ever. We don't normally attack dessert, but plough on we did. My daughter had already ordered the Gammel Knas (Cheese and pear), so we lapped that up. For dessert my son wanted to order the mussel soup, but we managed to talk him down to the Elderflower ice-cream, which put all other desserts on the planet to shame. For drinks I kept sucking up the Rhubarb Cremant, which went with everything. My only complaint about the place is that the men's bathroom wasn't far enough down the candlelit corridor - I feel that they should move it further down, as it seems like a nice walk. May have to change my gender identity just to walk further next time.

1  Thank peter c
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We had a three course menu. Only one of the dishes served was interesting, the rest were bland (but not bad). The wine pairing consisted of mostly cheap wines so it was difficult to appreciate the combination of tastes. At the prices charged it was not worth it. When advertised as gourmet one should expect hard criticism.
On the bright side, the staff is very eager to help and always wears a smile! I might go again but I would try to find another option.

Date of visit: June 2016