“Still The Best in Town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant AOC
Ranked #110 of 2,286 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Still The Best in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

AOC has gotten a new head Chef since my last so I was curious to see if the standard was still as high as under Ronnie Emborg. I was not disappointed! Food and wine is still the best in town, service a perfect balance of competent and informal and atmosphere great.

I can't wait to go again

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank MPejter

Moscow, Russia
“Fine dining with personal approach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We went to AOC for my birthday during our weekend getaway to Copenhagen. I've made the reservation online in advance and mentioned in it that I have some diary restrictions. The minute after I got an email asking me what my restrictions are.
When we came to the restaurant there were 2 set menu: 7 and 9 courses. We chose two sets of 7 and what was really great, they replaced all the courses that I couldn't eat for me. So I had my own special set menu which was absolutely great.
We loved food, wine and atmosphere. Excellent service and attentive staff. Would probably go back when we are in Copenhagen again.
Just note that it is quite expensive. Though pretty much in the same price range with the other Michelin rated restaurants I've been.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Anna A
Namsos, Norway
“Danish delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

A superb experience .The food in itself is made with artistery and resepect and substantial knowledge to which flavours to mix. The testing meny is accompamied with an execellent wine
selection The staff is experienced professional and helpful ,Magne at times a little bit stiff
Absolute a place worth visiting

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Beirut, Lebanon
“If not Noma then AOC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The most expensive meal I have paid for so far! But, it certainly was one of the most remarkable. We were in Copenhagen for just one night and I thought that I would get a reservation at NOMA (four months earlier but no places). I then looked for other special places and decided to try AOC. Everything about our meal was spectacular. All five courses were both beautiful to look at and delicious. The attention of the waiters and the knowledgeable sommelier made the experience even more memorable. Champagne to start, langoustine, mackerel, sea salad with smoked cheese, sweetbread, pigeon and a delicious dessert. A white wine that matched the menu put us in a dreamy mood. The short walk back to the Admiral hotel added to the charm of that evening. Enjoyed AOC and would gladly visit again.

• Visited August 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Some Danish fairytales the AOC-way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is one of the more expensive restaurants in Copenhagen, and our expectations were very high, but they were met. Some of the courses were outstanding experiences as fairytales and excellent examples of the special style of AOC. Among other we got Danish oysters (part of one of the five appetizers), Danish grown sturgeon caviar served with winter vegetables and smoked egg and an extremely delicious turbot in juniper. The five course menu was elegantly matched by French and American Chardonnay, German Riesling and red Burgundy (wine menu 1).

Visited February 2014