“Warm food and atmosphere”
Review of Spicey Kitchen

Spicey Kitchen
Ranked #1,016 of 2,570 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Christianshavn
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I enjoyed a simple plate of dall here and I can promise you I'll be coming back to test the rest of the menu. By the looks of what was served at the surrounding tables, it will not disapoint. The atmosphere of the place is really unique. I can definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Serving a full meal for around 100 Danish kroner in a good location seems impossible, but somehow they do it in this tiny restaurant in Christianshavn. OK, it isn't gourmet eating. The offerings are your garden variety Indian restaurant; but they include the rice and chappatis that often are a "side dish" at other places. Atmosphere is cozy and friendly, a necessity in such a tiny place. One of the servers gave us a better table when the opportunity arose. We also had a little chat with the proprietor, who made us feel right at home.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We visited with friends - and its small but they got 7 of us in, asking a couple who had just sat down if they'd be kind enough to move (which they were kind enough to do). It is informal and has a nice feel about it - we were made welcome and enjoyed our food. The samosas were deliciously spicy and chunky and the main courses a mixture of fairly standard curries, or in one or two cases above the norm. The prices were very good value - and particularly against Copenhagen's standards. Indeed this was the best price/value we had throughout our stay. Would recommend - we considered going back but decided to be more adventurous.

Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Nothing fancy, but great basic and cheap dishes. Great service. Would recommend this place for anyone.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Great atmosphere very very intimate. We arrived and hadn't booked but both the staff and those already seated allowed us to sit down and eat within 10 minutes.
Obviously a very popular place to eat. Service was with a smile and very quick.
I agree with other reviewers a great place to get to know the rest of the clientele so if you like a quiet night out then this is NOT the place for you.
The food was okay but not that spicey even though I asked for it, but my brother in law wife and sister liked their food but for me it was a little bland.