“disrespectful service”

Neighbourhood: Christianshavn
Copenhagen, Denmark
“disrespectful service”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Unfortunately, I couldn't try the food of this restaurant. But I can say a lot about the service, which I experimented badly. We had a table booked for 4 people at 6;30 pm, and we arrived 15 mins late. I know that it was our fault, but the two managers reacted in a totally disrespectful way, they were almost insulting us, telling us that they couldn't give us our table, but without giving us any explanation (they apparently had no other reservation for this table, it was just a matter of principle I guess). Anyway, this is not the way people should treat their clients or any human being!

• Visited November 2013

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great low price Indian Restaurant!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went to this restaurant just out of the main city / shopping area but still in a busy part of town with an Ex-pat friend who has been going here for several years. Owner / staff all very friendly (afghanis I understand) and spoke good English. I went for a special of Lamb Vindaloo , cooked to perfection, very tasty and tender (didn't blow my head off), my friend had the Lamb with Spinach , which was also very well cooked as well. The restaurant is small and cosey and this creates a nice vibe. Draft and bottled beers / wines are available. For a special occasion, you might want to upgrade on the decor, but for a routine night out for a well cooked meal at a reasonable price, I'm not sure it can be beaten. Will revisit when back in CPH

• Visited October 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Warm food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I enjoyed a simple plate of dall here and I can promise you I'll be coming back to test the rest of the menu. By the looks of what was served at the surrounding tables, it will not disapoint. The atmosphere of the place is really unique. I can definitely recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
DK
“good food, low price”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Serving a full meal for around 100 Danish kroner in a good location seems impossible, but somehow they do it in this tiny restaurant in Christianshavn. OK, it isn't gourmet eating. The offerings are your garden variety Indian restaurant; but they include the rice and chappatis that often are a "side dish" at other places. Atmosphere is cozy and friendly, a necessity in such a tiny place. One of the servers gave us a better table when the opportunity arose. We also had a little chat with the proprietor, who made us feel right at home.

• Visited February 2013
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Good food, lovely service”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We visited with friends - and its small but they got 7 of us in, asking a couple who had just sat down if they'd be kind enough to move (which they were kind enough to do). It is informal and has a nice feel about it - we were made welcome and enjoyed our food. The samosas were deliciously spicy and chunky and the main courses a mixture of fairly standard curries, or in one or two cases above the norm. The prices were very good value - and particularly against Copenhagen's standards. Indeed this was the best price/value we had throughout our stay. Would recommend - we considered going back but decided to be more adventurous.

• Visited February 2013