“Excellent food and wine!”
Review of La Rocca

La Rocca
Ranked #145 of 2,603 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Perfect fresh pasta all kind served by Calabrese waiters making a truly italian atmosphere, wide wine list will satisfy everyone (prices are Danish!), meat is also delicious. Make a reservation!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Food was well cooked, but the choice was limited and did not inspire me. I went here because it was close and was not impressed. The service was slow, the wine choices were poor, if you only wanted one glass, and getting the bill at the end took ages.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at La Rocca. Everything we ordered was wonderful (Salmon, pasta, ravioli, antipasti, beef). The owner was very nice with a good sense of humor and sat our group (10) right away.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

After a long day of sightseeing, we were hungry, but we were struggling to find a restaurant that appealed to us both. My boyfriend eats anything, but I am a vegan, and while I am happy to eat a lame meal when finding a restaurant with a good vegan option becomes too much of a hassle, tonight, I was hungry, and a pizza without cheese just wasn't going to cut it. As our search became more frustrating, though, I walked into La Rocca, and as a Hail Mary move, I asked if there was any at they had a pasta with no egg in it. They checked with the kitchen and found two of their pastas were egg-free. We were good to go!

My boyfriend ordered the caprese salad and a seafood pasta. The caprese salad had more mozzarella cheese than I've ever seen a restaurant give (it was seriously the entire ball), and the seafood pasta was brimming with lobster, shrimp, scallops, calamari, clams, and mussels. He couldn't even get through it all, but he said it was fantastic. The kitchen made me three different kinds of bruschetta for my appetizer on the most perfectly toasted bread. For my main, I got spaghetti that was cooked to al dente gorgeousness with the most delicious tomato sauce. This was no jarred pasta sauce; it was rich, fresh, flavorful, and it perfectly coated every noodle. I used bread to make sure I got every last drop of it off the plate - that's how good it was. For anyone who is thinking spaghetti is nothing that special, you've got to try this spaghetti, but you should also recall I sprung being a vegan on them with no notice, and I walked away very happy - not before I had some delicious sorbet, if course :)

So, if you find yourself in Copenhagen and want som excellent Italian food that will remind you why Italian food is so beloved, give La Rocca a chance. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

A pricey place worth every penny. The food and the wine are excellent. The waiters are knowledgable, have character and are unpretentious. What is truly special is that I've had business meetings, larger family celebrations as well as just a good night out - La Rocca spans many occasions and tastes.