“Cracking Food & Service”
Review of La Rocca

La Rocca
Ranked #169 of 2,738 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We ate here on our 2nd night in Copenhagen.
The service was great, staff were really friendly and were able to advise on relevant wine (we didn't know alot about which to choose).
The 2 spaghetti dishes and starters we had were amazing. The cheeseboard was slightly underwhelming however the overall experience was excellent.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

A really great dinner with the family. The special menu is a good varied experience and the service is very good.. The staff is service minded an there is also room and acceptance to bring kids. Thanks for a great experience

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The service and surroundings are fine for a Copenhagen restaurant. They have a small area for families with children which is well made for both the parents and there children, bringing 2 girls we enjoyed being placed there.

Food was lacking taste and was something we could have made our self on an ordinary Tuesday. The price considering, the food was simply too ordinary. Either change upscale the menu or reduce the price 30%

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The restaurant is attached to the Ibsen Hotel and whilst enjoying my stay at the restaurant it only seemed natural to try the food here.

Initially entering the restaurant, I felt very under dressed wearing just jeans and a jumper, however the waiters showed us to a table and made us feel at home.

Our drinks orders were taken quite quickly and whilst we were deliberating over the menu a basket of fresh bread rolls appeared on the table.

Whilst we were chatting and choosing what to have to eat, we noticed that we had quickly demolished the three different types of bread rolls each (6 in total). Within seconds of taking my last mouthful another basket was brought to the table.

I ordered the lasagne which I have to say was one of the best I have ever had.

There is a nice atmosphere here and I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

A couple of reviews mentioned poor service if you're not Danish. Well, we are not locals but we were treated so well by friendly, knowledgable and attentive staff. I thought my smoked salmon starter and lamb main were great but then I was blown away by the home made tiramisu dessert! Fantastic. Like most Copenhagen places it's not cheap, but we will return when we pass through again next week.