“What A Place To Dine At”

Restaurant Krebsegaarden
Ranked #9 of 3,007 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: £18 - £44
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Our restaurant is based on a concept where the premises decor and the menu will always be inspired by the current exhibition in Gallery Krebsen (located in the rear building across the courtyard). On the walls of the first room you enter, you will therefore typically find images of a current exhibition at the gallery and thus could experience a new atmosphere at least eight times a year. We hope you will enjoy our atmosphere and food.
Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

This was the perfect place to come dine in Denmark, it is rated highly on trip advisor with every right to be, definitely number one for excellent danish food and service right at the heart of Copenhagen! Stunner of a place!! Hope to be back :) keep it up!!

Reviewed 17 January 2019

My husband and I went to Restaurant Krebsegaarden on our last day in the city. The experience was just what we were looking for to close our nice trip to Denmark. The owners of the place were hands-on things, so the attention was very personalized. The atmosphere was rather romantique and quaint. The food was extremely delicious. I usually dont enjoy lamb, but their lamb was exceptional for me. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Ximena R
Reviewed 17 January 2019

The restaurant is located in a charming, very old building. The food was absolutely fantastic, and the five course menu was not too much at all. Every bite was a joy. Very competent and service minded wait staff.

Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

Great Food typical for the different Nordic countries. Well homemade and delicious. Super
enthusiastic staff and service.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank madsf263
Reviewed 12 January 2019

Before heading to Copenhagen I had carried out some research and decided to book this restaurant based on previous comments made on TripAdvisor.
I am so glad I did, and I am also so glad I made my reservation about 5 weeks earlier.
I was un sure of exactly what to expect as there was very little in the way of comments on dress code or type of establishment.
When we arrived, the restaurant was packed and at that point I just hoped I had confirmed our booking. We were met by Mats, the head chef and he quickly showed us to our table. Our table was up one very small step (watch out for the same step) at the rear of the restaurant.
Instantly we were made to feel welcome and any apprehension I had disappeared. Mats took time to explain the options available to us and explained how each option worked.
We decided on the sample menu going for 5 courses with wine pairings.
Before we even started the food, the bread arrived, a dark rye and honey bread. Absolutely stunning, so we were careful not to fill up on bread before the food arrived.
The first course was a langoustine salad. The salad had around 12 ingredients within, cornichons, celery, boiled egg, carrots, bell pepper, dill, bitterness, grapefruit, red onion and I am sure I am missing some. The langoustines were so fresh and along with the salad the taste combinations were amazing. This dish was paired with a lovely dry white wine, perfect.
Next was the seabass with a beurre blanc sauce. The fish was perfectly cooked, lovely crisp skin and moist flesh.
Next up was the beer marinated pork cheeks. The pork had been marinated for a couple of days then served with a rich jus, pickled onions and a puree. The pork just fell apart when your fork touched it. Everything on the plate belonged there, the combinations of flavours were amazing again. This dish was paired with an Austrian red wine, stunning.
Next up was a stuffed veal fillet with parmesan crisp, veal reduction and gratin potatoes. The veal was cooked perfectly and the depth in the sauce was wonderful.
When the dishes arrived either Mats or a member of staff took time to explain the dish fully and also explain the rational for the pairing with a specific wine.
We took a break after this to savour what had gone before.
At no point did we feel rushed, the whole evening was enjoyed at a very relaxing and leisurely pace.
Finally, we created some space for dessert. We opted for one of each, classic crème caramel and a white chocolate mousse.
Both desserts were stunning and the perfect way to finish the meal however the highlight here was the wine. Mats recommended Trockenbeerenauslese, this is a full-bodied dessert wine. AMAZING.
The whole evening was simply outstanding, the food, the service, the atmosphere and the surroundings. I am so glad I decided to book this restaurant and thank you other TripAdvisor users for writing your comments.
Mats is an amazing chef but his skills as are a host are pretty amazing too.
Thank you, Carsten Marietta and Mats, for a wonderful evening, we will be back.

1  Thank Cnocreamha7