“Best of the best for foodies”
Review of Kokkeriet

Kokkeriet
Reserve with
Kokkeriet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,786 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$115 - US$145
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Kokkeriet is a place with contrasts. It is a small restaurant with big ambitions. Familiar taste in an unfamiliar context. High-flying passion with a hint of grounded reality. It's a gastronomic choice in a different rendition of classic as well as new Danish dishes. Kokkeriet is all four seasons. It's sprouting and succulent dishes in spring, light and elegant dishes in summer, longing and melancholic tastes in fall, and comfortable, warming dishes in winter. It is love, understanding and respect for Danish gastronomy. With a twinkle in the eye, curiosity, obstinacy and a genuine intention to serve sublime Danish food reconstructed in the best possible way. Something we by the way are very proud of being awarded a star for in The Michelin Guide. Kokkeriet is modern and old fashioned, innovative and traditional, decadent and minimalistic, pretentious as well as humble... And we are looking much forward to invite you in.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Copenhagen is a foodie town, no doubt, and Kokkeriet is my favorite of all the options there (and truly one of my favorite in the world!). Perfectly prepared dishes that are innovative without being weird and impeccable service that manages to be both warm and informative. Every time I dine here the menu is slightly different but the experience is sublimely the same. Sent my parents there for their anniversary last night and got this text after: “Carrie we just had the most amazing dining experience. Thank you for the recommendation. Food and service the best ever!” Kokkeriet makes the repeat trips worth it every time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dining experience at Restaurant Kokkeriet had completed and made a wonderful ending of our trip to CPH. During our visit to the restaurant, we received professional front house services and tasted the amazing Danish dishes. We had an amazing experience at Restaurant Kokkeriet.

The front house service was fantastic and made you feel like one of the special. At the moment we walked in to the door, we received the warmest welcome. Everyone had a sweet smile, made you feel like home. They cared about your needs and paid attention to details. For example, I noticed that my serviette was changed to new and nicely fold on the table every time I left and returned to table. Wine and food serving were perfectly presented, and waiter/waitress, chefs, came to table and told us the info of wines and dishes. Last but not least, we never waited for the wine and food; they were served in a perfect timely manner.

Speaking of food at Restaurant Kokkeriet was phenomenal. We had big menu with wine pairing plus added caviar and cheese. Our wonderful experience began with a nice glass of champagne. The light but flavorful snacks and amuse bouche had opened our appetites. The courses following were beautiful plated and very tasty. From light to strong flavorful, every single ingredient worked perfectly together making one unique tasty dish that surprised your palate in every single bite. From sea to the land ingredients, they perfectly linked to each other. Every dish was so unique to standing out but well balanced to the whole menu. We were so full and satisfied after the last dish Ox tail but were still able to fill up our second stomach with the wonderful deserts. They were sweet and refreshingly good. Pairing with the sweet wine, we were in haven.

Overall dining experience at Restaurant Kokkeriet was extremely great and far beyond our imagination and expectation. We would love to visit Restaurant Kokkeriet again and recommend to anyone who is visiting CPH.

3  Thank Po-Min H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went there after failing to book Geranium. And the dinner was amazing. I’ve never expected or experienced to walk out of the Michelin stared restaurant so full. I was barely walking from all the dishes we had. We went with the full tasting menu and I do recommend to go with the short version if you usually don’t eat much. The portions are small but there are just too many of them. All the dishes are interesting and tasty. I went with the juice tasting menu and it was very nice experience, some of them tasted really original. My partner went with the wine tasting menu and was happy with his choice too.
This restaurant is totally worth going!
The staff is good and polite.
Many thanks to them for the wonderful evening!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was able to get last minute reservations, as it was a local holiday and everyone seemed to want to run in a marathon with the crown prince. Thus, only a couple of people were in the restaurant and we received excellent service. First off, understand the price point. After that, enjoy a long and wonderful evening. We ordered the small menu with the added cheese. I can't imagine needing to eat any more, and I'm not small. It started with five "snacks" even before the menu began. Then the courses kept coming. Every course was excellent, I think the soup was my favorite. Original preparations but "mainstream" enough not to scare anyone off. Then the cheese tray came out. By cheese tray, I mean a tray of 16 different cheeses and a waiter asking which I want. Not which 4, or which 6, but which of the 16 I wanted. Well, they made the rules, and I was soon full of excellent cheese. The wine pairings along the way were well chosen, I believe I tried a Syrian wine for the first time. The night was 4-5 hours long, which was nice because we had a lot to digest, but certainly not a pre-theater choice. Overall Kokkeriet is on par with any of the fine dining restaurants I have visited, less eclectic than say Jose Andres Mini Bar, similar to my favorite Pur in Paris. Name dropping over, I'm a big fan.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good experience. We had the 'big' Menu. Small dishes but very good, sometimes surprising. In the end you still have had too much !! .

1  Thank magda3530