“This is exceptional home-style Chinese food”
Review of Tea Restaurant - CLOSED

Tea Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed 6 July 2012

It's difficult to describe the nuances and the authenticity of flavours at the Tea Restaurant. At first we didnt expect much, particularly as there was only one server late in the evening and we waited close to 40mins from ordering to our first dish arriving. Service was friendly, if a bit relaxed, but the other few tables seemed relaxed to wait, so we did as well.

When the food arrived, it was a great surprise. We didnt try the duck dishes as others did around us, but our dishes were fresh, authentic to traditional flavours in China, filling portions, and had an elegance to both the presentation and the palate that made us want to come back and try the rest of the menu. Particularly good and balanced were the spicy dishes and the noodle bowls offer good value at around 100dk each. Filling. Overall, about 400dk for 3 dishes and a pot of tea.

This is no ordinary, run-of-the-mill, takeaway Chinese food. Traveling around Asia, Europe and N. America, I consider this is exceptional home style Chinese food anywhere in the world. Homestyle if you regularly make Peking duck at home that is.

Well worth a weekend visit or a pop-by less than 2 blocks from the West side of Copenhagen Central. Just go when you've got time to relax and wait or call ahead and order.

There are newer reviews for Tea Restaurant

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a restaurant where you wish to come back several times. This time I tried the Beijing duck menu, which was excellent. Good value (200 DKK) for a pot of tea, duck soup, crispy duck, seaweed salad and a dessert of your choice. The only problem is that there is only one waiter, who has too much to do, it seems.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Personally my friends and I love the food here, it's definitely one of the better chinese places in Copenhagen. I haven't found a better place than this yet anyhow. The staff is very service minded and in general our visits here have been great experiences :D

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We were staying at the Zleep Astoria and wanted to stay close so we wandered a bit looking for a Chinese restaurant. We found the Tea house and found the interior nicely decorated. The server spoke decent English and the menu was in English as well. I had the hot and sour soup with shredded duck and it was excellent. Duck seemed to be the house speciality as they even had spring rolls with duck. My wife had fried noodles with chicken and veg and it was excellent. I ordered the chicken and veg (spicy) at it was very good...not too spicy. That meal with three cola lights set us back 338.00 DSK. Nice place...I would visit a second time if I were to return to CPH.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

It is quite hard to find this restaurant becaus of the dubious surrounding establishments in the red light district, but we were very satisfied. We had one of the set menus, which was an interesting mix of different dishes. All the food was very taste and really chinese. Furthermore, the service is one of the best I have experienced: the waitress was attending at each table all the evening. She must have been exhausted afterwards!