“Delicious Vietnamese, at affordable prices.”

Lele Street Kitchen
Ranked #957 of 2,603 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Inner Vesterbro
Description: LêLê Street Kitchen is an eatery and take away all in one. It is fast food done the healthy way. You will always be served dishes that consist of fresh vegetables and herbs, prepared with inspiration from the traditional Vietnamese street kitchen. Whether you are into sweet, salty, sour, hot, crisp, or mild, there are plenty of tasty dishes to choose from or to combine. All our dishes and sauces are homemade, and prepared from scratch. You can enjoy your meal at the reastaurant, you can have it to go, or you can have it delivered directly to your doorstep.
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was recently in Vietnam for a prolonged period, and upon returning home, I hungered for some of that delicious food, even noodle soup (which I had otherwise grown profoundly bored of). Not only was I not disappointed in the food from Lê Lê, it was outright some of the best Vietnamese food I've ever had. Do go here, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Unfortunately, this has become like a catering centre, where there is no connection between quality and price.

The food is trivial, designed and prepared to feed many people at once. Among other things, I was served a red curry dish that had the red colour, but had no taste, so the dish was actually just a bunch of overcooked vegetables without any taste in a red soup.

We had a total of five different courses, of which one was a menu of 6 dishes, so we definitely had a taste of the different things the kitchen had to offer, and unfortunately, only the small spring rolls lived up to what you would expect from this kind of place, the rest was far below this in quality.

Furthermore, the wine list was nothing special, but they do have a nice bar where you can get tasty drinks.

The service is efficient, smiling and friendly.

3  Thank fublife
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Copenhagen is an expensive city, with 25% tax on food, which hikes up prices. If you bear that in mind, Lele Street kitchen is good value for good food.

We went one night on a recommendation and was happy with the food and drinks. My friend and l shared a beef salad, Peking duck rolls and a serve of Hanoi meatballs, all of which were tasty and fresh. The food is not as spicy as l expect Vietnamese food to be, but chilli sauce is readily available.

I had a delicious mango lassi, and my friend a glass of house white. Service was prompt, and there were lots of locals dining here on the night we went. Total of 336 kroner before tips. There are of course cheaper places, and there are plenty of pizza and shawarma places that will sell you something for much less but they aren't comparable by any stretch.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

For when the LeLe main restaurant is closed and when you want something quick, this alternative is cheaper yet still holds some qualities from its mother restaurant although the menu is catered for a quick-bite-to-eat (asian street concept) as the name implies. As I am of Vietnamese origin, it would have been nice to see more traditional ingredients and soups but in a country where over 70% are Danish and Asian's are a very small minority, I understand it would not make that much of an impact anyways. I love a good Pho or a Goi Cuon and measure any Vietnamese restaurant by these two dishes alone (number 6 & 9A on the menu - in which they were marginally acceptable!). The menu's graphics and simple dishes will serve you a very nice alternative from the typical burger or sandwich you would have eaten!.. I give this a slightly higher rating due to its concept, fast service, good staff, however the food can be better as I know the quality of the mother restaurant holds true so why not this street kitchen?..

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This was our first meal in Copenhagen and we really enjoyed it. The food was delicious and wonderfully spicy, the atmosphere relaxed, and the general ambiance chic. I appreciated the free tap water. As a tourist, I also appreciated the menu having pictures; this helped me pick up some Danish while feeling confident that I knew what I was ordering.

I end up giving LêLê 2 stars simply because of price. They were just so hugely expensive that what we ate did not match what we paid. Had they been *half* the price, I would happily give them 4 stars. But given the price, it's like eating an ordinary meal in a cafeteria but paying for a really fancy one at a sit-down place. We didn't know any better, again, because it was our first meal in the city. But as we came to understanding pricing during our visit here, we also came to understand just how overprice LêLê is.

2  Thank jess65456