“Delicious meal, reasonably priced”

The Olive Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,788 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: The Olive is a family run restaurant focusing on casual, good home cooked food in a warm and cozy environment.
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

I was trying to plan ahead and book some restaurants for my weekend trip to Copenhagen- the reviews and the menu of the olive kitchen tempted me to book a table for our first evening meal. The menu itself is simple with not a lot of choice- however of the dishes we ordered, the food was delicious and very well done. I had the signature steak, and my bf the pork. Both were amazingly good, good quality ingredients and wonderful flavours. The chocolate fondant for dessert was decadent, rich and so yummy. The price was also very reasonable for the quality of food we received. Definitely visit if you are after a reasonably priced but delicious meal. Recommend you book ahead, we saw several people turned away.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,366)

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Lives up to the star rating - nice atmosphere, excellent service and DELICIOUS. We tried every appetizer (My husband first said, "why are you getting the mushroom soup too?" Followed shortly by, "this is the best mushroom soup I've ever had!") Four of us shared 5 apps, 3 mains and a desert - two more people could have easily shared all of the goodness. Good selection of wine by the glass as well. We were fortunate to get in early without a reservation, but it filled quickly. Book ahead.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Delicious food and service . Recommend it and definitely will revisit it next time I'm in Copenhagen .
Fantastic menu and drinks
Cosy room

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

A very nice restaurant, good food, good service and good value.
I live in Copenhagen and would recommend this place, chose it because of its high rating and wasn't disapointed

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

The food is very good and they are ready for vegetarians and vegans (avocado and beans included). Serve ginger shoots :)
They are very friendly and the location is nice, nothing fancy but nice for quick lunch/breakfast