“Excellent brunch”

Ranked #45 of 2,911 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Neighbourhood: Inner Vesterbro
Neighbourhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Arrived about 10.30, and whilst it was full, we were told the wait would be no longer than 5 minutes. Menus were given in both Danish and English for us to look through whilst we waited. The staff - as is the case in everywhere I've been to in Copenhagen - spoke perfect English; and were friendly and attentive throughout. We never thought we were being rushed through our time there.

On sitting down, drinks orders were taken and came swiftly. Brunch you can have in 3 items, 5 items or 7 items and is done in a tapas style way with a great range of meat and vegetarians options. I had 5 items and that left me feeling satisfied - I'd be amazed if someone could get through 7 items!

The food was superb and well presented - the chia buttermilk pudding in particular was a highlight. The orange juice too was lovely; I enjoyed the coffee, but it came a bit too hot for my liking, so had to wait 5-10 minutes for it to cool down.

Left feeling nicely full and with definite intentions to return next time I'm in Copenhagen - highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Wow what a great place, lovely staff, great food and wonderful selection. Great quality food and drinks and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We'd just missed out on the breakfast meal when we arrived at Mad & Kaffe so I really struggled to choose from the lunchtime menu as i'd got my hopes up for one of their breakfasts! In the end I chose a chicken open sandwich which is on rye bread as I thought it was about time I tried something a bit more Danish! When it arrived I wasn't sure i'd like it but I couldn't have been more wrong. It was so tasty - I loved the flavour of the chicken salad and the combination of rye bread and crispy bacon. An ideal lunch if you're planning a big dinner, this is the place to go - the interior was also lovely!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Best spot for breakfasts here. The line can get pretty long but I went on a weekday so the wait was not terrible and we got seated immediately. You get to choose what you want to eat and the presentation of the food on the board is instagrammable. Highly recommend going.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

So nice café - but small. The breakfast was served in small cups and it tasted very good. You had to pick up from the list either 3 or 5 or 7 sort of food and choose the drink. The place was very small and all the seats were reserved all the time. This means that when somebody left, there was always somebody coming. So obviously it's popular place. We got a hint from our friend and we walked rather long way there, but it was worth it.