“Cannot fault”

Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Catalkoy
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Went at the end of march start of april for a week, ive been to another hotel in September in north cyprus and loved cyprus but not the hotel, so me and my mum decided to upgrade and try a new hotel, after reading some reviews I was a bit wary but I cannot fault this hotel at all. It is quite a large hotel but its sign posted and once your walking around it isn't to big. Every memeber of staff was friendly especially the reception staff. We changed rooms on the second day as we asked to be put in the new hotel pine court and we were put in the older hotel as it had a better room. The new hotel is more modern and better for what we wanted as the bathroom was bigger. When we asked to look at the rooms within minutes someone was there to show us the room. No hassle no bother nothing was to mucn for any of the staff. Some people have said they couldn't speak english i didnt have that problem at all everyone spoke good english. There was a convention going on at the same time as we were there but it just made dinner a bit busier so we went a bit later. There was nice music in the evening. Beautiful views and loads of sunbeds. The only thing is you have to pay for wifi. But I was happy to pay for it as I wanted to use the internet. Im a fussy eater and can struggle to find food to eat but there was so much choice in the restaurant I had a full plate everyday and they had loads of veg which is a must for me. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. And would 100% go back without a doubt.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank loroparquelover
ozerozbilen, Director of Sales at Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Acapulco. It is also very nice to know that the staff were kind, polıte and helpful and I will let the department heads know this. The Executive Chef trys very hard to always produce new and tasty dishes and so I am delighted that you were able to find something to eat each day which was to your liking. We hope that you and your mother will visit the Acapulco again some time in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I don't recommend it because of so many reasons.I and my hosband went there to have a relax week after a year but even for pearson like us there are not many things to do.there are cats all over the hotel even ehere u seat.we liked to eat out side of restaurant but the cats were under thectables all the time and it was annoing.the staff do not speak english.and the last day they made us check out the day befor our flight(12hours)that was really owfull.we had paid for 7 night but stayed 6 nights without dinner and place to stay.dissapointing.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank 0apar

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, it is a shame that you were not happy with your holiday. It is a quieter time of year and the entertainment outside will not start until May as the evenings can be a little chilly during April. Regarding the number of nights at the hotel, you should speak to your travel agency as the number of nights booked are arranged by the agency .
Perhaps you can visit again in the high season which I am sure you will find very enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We booked to go to this hotel late September early October as a last minute holiday using Travelzoo. Worked out at around £200 each half board, cannot fault the hotel.

Clean, a good assortment of food, nice pool and general complex.

I would't visit again, solely because there is little to do in the area, however if you want a nice little relaxing break I'd definitely recommend.

We spent a day visiting the capital which was great fun and interesting, also visiting the local town Kyrenia - the marina is beautiful with great restaurants and views.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stef B
ozerozbilen, Director of Sales at Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for such a nice review and positive comments, it was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You are right at this time of year it is more of a relaxing holiday but as you can imagine in the high season there are plenty of outside areas around the hotel where the entertainment takes place. We hope that maybe you will change your mind and visit us again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We spent a week at Acapulco Resort in mid-March.

The staff was professional and polite, and we got along with English very well. We stayed at one of the deluxe bungalows, which we found spacious, clean and confortable with a big bathroom.

As we were there during winter season, most hotel services were not in use. But we had a good time playing video games and shooting pool during the evenings :) The only minus was that the outdoors pol area was under construction and out of use, which we didn't know in advance, and actually chose the hotel partly because of the good pool.

The breakfasts and dinners included in our half-board were amazing. The buffets had plenty to choose from, and we overate :)

I fully recommend the hotel, but if I were to come back, it'd be when all the services are in use.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatjaJM

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments. It was very interesting to read and to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Acapulco. We are not able to open the pool outside during the low season until the weather improves and we also have to do any maintenance at this time of year. We have yesterday opened the outdoor pool for swimming and
hopefully next week the beach bar may be able to open as the weather has improved greatly.
I hope that you will visit us in the high season when all our facilities are open as I am sure you will enjoy the hotel in high season.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay here in the Pine Court - fab room with great views of the mountains and sea.The food was good and well presented and varied.We felt our rep was not as informative as he could have been - although very nice . If you go to Nicosia do take your passport if you want to visit the south side - which is literally 20 paces across the border. The beaches were in need of some serious cleaning. We had an early flight home and were told breakfast would be available upon going to reception we were advised that we should have ordered it!! Apart from the moans we had a relaxing time with great weather

Room Tip: 2656 was on the 6th Floor - very quite and good views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maureen A
ozerozbilen, Director of Sales at Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and that your room and the food were to your liking. I am disappointed to hear that there was confusion over the breakfast on departure and I will see what the problem was as usually if we have many early morning check outs the restaurant is open and if not a pack up breakfast can be obtained from the lobby bar.
The beach is cleaned every morning in high season but in winter it is not as often as the tides are very different and most beaches in North Cyprus suffer at this time of year. I will though discuss this with our beach manager and see if anything can be done on a more regular basis in the winter.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were in Cyprus for one of my best friend's wedding. All of her family and friends were at this Hotel. The Food is good. The Hotel is large. The sea is very nice. The casino is entertaining :)
We stayed at villas but they were very very old. İf you go this Hotel you should stay at the New building.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank AysenurErdem
ozerozbilen, Director of Sales at Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

It is nice to hear that you attended a wedding at the Acapulco and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review and your comments regarding the Villa will be taken into consideration.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in this resort 1 week all-inclusive with my partner and enjoyed this holiday a lot. We felt like 7 nights were not enough. Accommodation was very good, quiet nights, proper beds, everything like in 5* hotel.Food also very good. Variety of healthy fresh food, hardly any fish, but always wide choice from which to choose. Animation program excellent with many exercise lessons including joga for beginners, aqua aerobic, aerobic. There is also small gym. Provided beauty services like massage, turkish bath are at hight price. There is not much outside this resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Veroniqq
ozerozbilen, Director of Sales at Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

It was such a pleasure to read your review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Acapulco. The animation team tried may new activities this year and as you say this added to the enjoyment of your holiday. We hope that we will see you again at the Acapulco.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Catalkoy
The Olive Tree Hotel
The Olive Tree Hotel
#13 of 30 in Kyrenia
Dome Hotel
Dome Hotel
#12 of 30 in Kyrenia
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hotel
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hote...
#2 of 8 in Alsancak - Karavas
The Villa Club Hotel
The Villa Club Hotel
#19 of 30 in Kyrenia
Hilton Cyprus
Hilton Cyprus
#1 of 26 in Nicosia
Merit Lefkosa Hotel & Casino

Been to Acapulco Resort & Convention & SPA? Share your experiences!