“Don't go to Kyrenia. It is the most unjustified expensive place ever”

Cratos Premium Hotel, Casino, Port & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Catalkoy
London, United Kingdom
“Don't go to Kyrenia. It is the most unjustified expensive place ever”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel looks very nice but that's it! The stuff barely knows English, The food is bellow average, there is nothing to do in the evenings, And everything is unreasonable expensive!!. The City is a dump waste not worth visiting. Spare yourself go to somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank jason052

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Rooms and services are quite average, unless you are a billionaire spending all your money in the casino. Food was good, but more or less same every 2 days. Swimming pool facilities - not enough space, even if place looks good. Also people occupy the sun beds since the morning even if not staying there.
SPA is great, especially Lomi-Lomi massage - please book in advance!

During our visit after the storm half of the facilities were destroyed and nothing apart from the hookan bar worked at night. No night club, no other restaurants apart from the usual buffet place.

5 days max and only if you play in casino...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JulietKa
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked our wedding anniversary at the Cratos this year because the web page looked fab
this is what we found
1 I need another break to get over the stress of staying there
2 Dirty
3 Worst service ever
4 More broken glass than you would ever believe
5 Service staff do not have a clue which way is up and do not all speak english or greek
6 Dont bother with this hotel go to another its not great value for money and you do not have a nice time

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anita L
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I made several attempts to book a nice casual holiday at what appears to be a very nice hotel on the internet. I currently reside in Cyprus and wanted a nice weekend getaway. I enquired online but found hotel was fully booked for the next 4 months. Living here I knew this not to be true so I called to enquire on room availability and was surprised they had every room I asked about available. At that time I made a reservation, which seemed a little odd when they didn't ask the spelling of my name or any further details other than my name given verbally. A few days later thinking that was not right I thought I would ring again to verify my reservation, yes you guessed it I had no reservation in the system. After being passed around through what seemed like multiple sections I still could not get anyone there to understand or book me a reservation. At first no rooms were available but when I said about the reservation perviously made, out of the blue they had the room available but couldn't get the dates right. This could have been a language barrier, I am not sure. I was then passed off again and at that point I asked to speak to a manger, again was passed to one more person, I again asked to speak to a manager and was hung up on at that point. I am not sure but I do believe I will not be attempting to stay at this hotel in the future. I have stayed in North Cyprus quite a few times and trust me there are a lot of beautiful hotels to choose from. It is a shame that this hotel doesn't seem to care that much about bringing in clients, or at least that is the impression I got from my experience with them. I would love to be able to rate the category's for this hotel but unfortunately I never made it passed the reservation process.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank CraigVan
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We went there for a company meeting. The meeting services were very good and overall stay was a pleasure. We liked the food, especially the reatsurants in Port Cratos serve delicious food. The SPA worths a visit. If you want to try your change, the casino is one of the best. So; go and enjoy:)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms looking outside. I liked the ones with the pool view best.
Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aybike S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We had a family wedding at Cratos earlier in September. Without expressing exactly how poor the wedding was organised by the staff at Cratos I have so many negatives regarding our stay its unbelievable.

First and foremost we had one of the villa suites for myself, wife and our 2 young children. Our room stank of sewage, after complaining the best they could do was provide us with air fresher.. not a change of room.. but air fresher!

The amenities for children are a joke, nothing to keep the children active whilst you enjoy a nice relaxed stay.

My mother inlaw who was in a room in the main Hotel fell in the bathroom and cracked her face open after trying to get out of there deep baths...why have a such a deep bath in a small bathroom still bemuses me. Anyway when she went to Hospital the Doctors and nurses informed her that he was not the first person who had encountered a bad accident from Cratos as it was a regular occurrence.

Ive never reviewed before and this is my first as usually I travel many countries and I dont mid the odd hiccup in Hotels but these guys were the most ignorrant Ive ever encountered.

Stay here if your 20-40... and just want to relax, its nothing special.. and its soo not worth the money.

Room Tip: Do not even attempt to book a small single room, the bathroom is a death trap!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Kerim55555
ozan_okcu, Guest Relations Manager at Cratos Premium Hotel, Casino, Port & Spa, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Guest,
We are so sorry to hear your dissatisfaction about the family wedding earlier in September, which we had no negative comments neither during nor after the wedding from the marrying couple or from their parent-in-law at all. On the contrary we had many appreciation from the participants.
We do apologize about the inconvenience that you had in your room. We were unfortunately not able to change your room, due to the high occupancy of club suites.
Although we don’t have a kids animator in CRATOS Premium unlike in other resort hotels, our mini club of 70 m2 is big enough to offer various options to keep children active during their vacation from 9 am till 12 pm with its multinational staff.
We are deeply sorry about the unfortunate accident that your mother-in-law had experienced but we cannot accept the exaggerated term “death trap”. Our rooms have a bathtub in a standard height of 22 inches.
We are looking forward to see you back in CRATOS Premium in order to change the negative opinions of yours about our hotel.

Best Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this FABULOUS resort in September and have been thinking about it ever since. The accommodation was fantastic (our view could have been a little better though) and the food service was really first class. I think I put on about 5 kilos in 3 days!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Cyprus!

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea or pool view would probably be the best!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HBE2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catalkoy
Merit Park Hotel & Casino
#3 of 30 in Kyrenia
The Olive Tree Hotel
The Olive Tree Hotel
#12 of 30 in Kyrenia

Been to Cratos Premium Hotel, Casino, Port & Spa? Share your experiences!