“Terrible service!”
Review of Lola Lo

Lola Lo
Ranked #107 of 140 Nightlife in Brighton and Hove
More attraction details
Owner description: With a stunning interior featuring hand crafted woods and private Tiki Tables, Lola Lo recreates an authentic polynesian vibe, making it Cambridge's premium venue of choice. Spread over three floors, enjoy an intoxicating blend of credible club classics and contemporary beats in the Lanai bar under the unique hibiscus-lights, book a a VIP Tiki Table in the Aku Aku club, or visit the Orongo roof terrace to enjoy one of our 30 classic and bespoke cocktails under the stars.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was in Cambridge for the weekend visiting friends and they took me to Lola Lo. The whole setting, atmosphere and crowd is as expected. Nothing too special, just a normal bar.

However when you decide to order a drink you will really regret the time you wanted to go out! At least 15-20 mins waiting at the bar even if you are the only person ordering! On the ground floor, at least 10 people behind by the bar, some of them going back and forth without any obvious reason, the rest struggling to get a few drinks done! Even if you stay in front of the bartender for ages, most likely he will ask someone who just arrived at the bar and let you waiting for another 10mins. On the first floor, it is even worse as apart from the inefficiency of the bartenders, there are only 2 of them serving the entire floor.

If you do want to go to Lola Lo because you friends are going, or because there are just few options in Cambridge I strongly recommend to have a few drinks before getting there.

1  Thank Yiannis G

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Some mixed emotions really - we had awesome time with friends, but there were some issues that I think club needs to address before people started complaining.
For example we were queuing for nearly 15 minutes to buy ourselves cocktails to eventually be told that they ran out of ice. It was at 23.30, so still the whole night ahead. I asked if warm cocktail will be cheaper, but apparently no. A £9 warm mojito is not really value for money in my humble opinion.
This is quite disappointing to me - to come to the cocktail bar and to have to drink beer, because i want something cold and because they are not aware of how much ice they need to buy for Saturday night.
It later turned out that in the other bar they do have ice, so i don't know why they wouldn't share with each other, or advise queuing customers that possibly their requirements could be met in the 2nd room. It's a cocktail bar after all, how come they don't have ice?..
There is also a strong leak from one of the aircons creating a puddle on the dancefloor.
Toilets could be cleaner and with toilet rolls preferably.
Otherwise, it's a good place - atmosphere is good, music is good.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The cocktail master class was superb value for money. After being shown how to make a cocktail of our choice behind the bar, we then got let loose on making our own up - as many as we wanted! It was very relaxed and our hosts were funny, cheeky, flirty and good looking - just what you want on a hen do!!
After grabbing a bite to eat at Donatello's just around the corner (which was great as well) we came back for the club after and included in price was a booth for the club and extra alcohol. I have been to the club many times before and we never failed to have a good night. The girls I was with had never been before and loved it! Great night all round and would recommend the master class for hen parties and birthdays.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We went to Lola Lo during my friend's Hen weekend, although it was a spur of the moment decision to go (she'd been there before and we had a few hours 'free' in our hectic hen itinerary!)... It was fairly quiet when we arrived and we could see that there were tables everywhere, but they were booked. The staff were really friendly and helpful though and gave us tables that weren't being used until later, and then they served us half price cocktails! The cocktail list is extensive and everyone could find something they wanted. The music was fantastic and just got better and better as the evening warmed up. The DJ teased us mercilessly with the start of songs being mixed in and we loved working out what was coming next whilst we boogied! We really enjoyed our visit and only left as we had a booking elsewhere. If I ever go to Lola Lo again, I'll book a table for sure!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Went to Lola Lo's for my hen party this saturday just gone and had a fabulous time! My maid of honour had booked the daytime cocktail making lesson, and although it was quite high cost, once we weighed up the amount we had to drink spread over 10 of us it was well worth it! We had the place to ourselves, complete and utter undivided attention of two (very sexy) bartenders, and it was a great laugh. If people say the drinks seem watered down, then its a load of nonsense! If you see the menus then you'll soon realise that there are usually 2 to 4 shots in each cocktail, and it means the bar staff are doing their job right, as the whole point of a cocktail is so that you don't taste the alcohol!
With the lesson we got free re-entry later in the evening, and before 10pm (and because it was a bank holiday) the drinks were half price until 10pm.
Would certainly recommend the lesson to any parties that want something fun to do, and the place itself is a great club with fun drinks and very retro/kitsh decorations! Help yourselves to a free hawaiian flower necklace and imagne you're back in the 50's!

1  Thank welshiesgirl