“Very enjoyable lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Italy
“Very enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I decided to come off the motorway for a while on my way back from Italy to the UK. I drove on quiet country roads in pleasant Champagne country scenery aiming for Saint-Imoges.
The reviews of this restaurant have been very variable, but I found it very good. It's quite large, and I imagine service could be difficult if it's full, but when I was there it was about half full, and everything was fine.
The 33 euro menu, plus 2 glasses of wine and coffee ended up at 48 euros, but I thought that it was worth it.
It's interesting that the bad reviews seem to be from French people, because I have become very disillusioned with eating in France over the last few years. The night before, for instance, I had gone without supper in Bourg en Bresse because I simply couldn't find anywhere acceptable. The Maison du Vigneron reminded me of how we used to eat on many enjoyable French holidays 20 years ago.

• Visited December 2011

Perth
“Stunning Restuarant between Reims and Epernay in the Champagne Region”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Took a spin one Saturday from Paris up to the Champagne Region and when travelling from Reims to Epernay my very wise significant other spied a restaurant just off the main road, in some trees with many cars parked. Good sign - so in we went. Looks ike a modern building from the outside but full of wooden beams, stone fireplaces and linen tablecloths inside.
The service was absolutely impeccable - they could speak but a few very sparse words of English - quite rightly because they were French and we were foreigners in their land. It was a Saturday afternoon and the place was stuffed full of large tables of French. Another good sign.
You can eat a la carte or you can opt for one of the 3 set many course menus. We opted for the 45 Euro version of that. It was absolutely stunning! Home made foie gras, smoked salmon, melon plate cleanser, scallops, sorbet, venison, cheese and cafe gourmand ( a mini selection of all sweets on the menu).
Every course was a taste sensation, beautifully presented on a vast array of different crockery.
The whole experience was totally faultless. So the food bill was 90 Euros but the total bill was 180 Euros. But we had a bottle of Veuve Cliquot at 60 Euros - we knew that was a huge mark up but that is our signature champagne and we could not go to the Champagne region without having that. The other 30 Euros was frittered on a half bottle of red wine, 2 coffees and a Champagne armagnac.
So if you don't drink as much as we did you can much reduce your bill. However, if you are in the Champagne region and want a meal to remember - I can't recommend this restaurant enough!

2 Thank Atheena1