“Awesome rafting trip”

US$62.53*
and up
Kaituna River White Water Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Rotorua Rafting is a whitewater rafting company that rafts the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world, found in beautiful Rotorua, New Zealand on the incredible Kaituna River!
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Sam was our guide, and we definitely lucked out having him. For some reason, we were the only ones he had that morning, so we were really fortunate to have a private rafting trip. The next day we were told by someone else in town that we had rafted with Sam Sutton. We didn't realize how significant that was until we were told he is one of the best kayakers in the world. This was like getting to skateboard with Tony Hawk! He was incredibly humble, knowledgeable, and welcoming. I was very much out of my comfort zone, as I have only whitewater rafted a few times before. But I never once felt unsafe or in danger. If you have the chance, definitely do this tour.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

There was so many companies to chose from to do the Kaituna rafting trip but ultimately we chose Rotorua Rafting because it was the cheapest. So glad we did it was fantastic value and so much fun. We were a group of six from NZ, Germany and America and all of us were buzzing afterwards. There was a lot of variety on the trip and our guide Amy definitely made sure we didn't get bored while still managing to teach us a bit about the river and make sure we got to take in the scenery (which is so beautiful). At the end you can buy a set of photos on a disc which are actually really good value, glad we got them, the looks on our faces are priceless!

Overall highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was the highlight of our NZ trip! The whole team at Rotorua Rafting love their job and are very focussed on safety. Rafting was awesome! Amy was our guide and her guidance and attitude was great. The trip down the river was alot of fun. You get to work up to the 7m drop.
I was anxious about doing this but am so glad that I did. Great for beginners that are prepared to try something different.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Very professional outfit. Went through all safety procedures on dry land! Great fun - mad trip one to remember!!! All staff were brilliant

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience! Our guide was outstanding, there was beautiful scenery and a few surprises with the old building etc.

I would do it again and am telling everyone I know to get on to it!

We went on the Kaituna River