“Lovely place with super tasty food.”

Denstone Hall Farm Shop & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Denstone
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fancy a 'proper' cup of tea and a big slice of our famous courgette cake whilst you relax in the big comfy sofas by the log burning stove? Or, a jug of Pimms to share with friends under a parasol in the new outdoor area? Are you feeling peckish? How about a full English before 12 noon, or homemade soup and a sandwich from our kitchen between 12-3? Have we twisted your arm? Ooh good, come on in to our new 85 seater café area... Café Reservations: When planning a visit to our Café at lunchtime (or for a special event such as Mother's Day/Father's Day) we strongly recommend that you call ahead or pop in and make a reservation. We are usually busy over lunchtimes and we don't want to disappoint.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had breakfast here before a trip to Alton Towers!! A lovely surprise as the food really was delicious.

Staff were super friendly and you could taste the quality in the food as tasted delicious.

Sausages were so good we went back and stocked up from the butchers adjoining to take home!!

There are newer reviews for Denstone Hall Farm Shop & Cafe

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We are regular visitors at the farm shop and always have an enjoyable time. The cafe has an extensive menu and my mother who is a vegetarian always finds something to eat. It was disappointing on my last visit that the bread was rather old for my sausage bap. The staff however changed the bread happily and apologised. One suggestion for busier times would be for staff to ask if we wanted our drinks at the same time as our food. Naturally there was a wait for our breakfasts this morning which I don't mind, but by the time they came we had all finished our teas and coffees and didn't really want to buy more.

1  Thank Uktraveller0000
Reviewed 22 August 2014

As a family of six we had breakfast there. The food was brilliant, really tasty. The two girls enjoyed looking round the shop. The staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was our second visit but I forgot to review the first time - especially as this was just as delicious as the first time we visited! Last time I had the most amazing steak pie and this time the pork and apple burger and both were divine! My husband had the ploughman last time and then the signature burger which again was faultless. My only regret is that I didn't have enough room to choose a pud as the Lemon meringue looked beyond fab! I also liked the fact that the kids had plenty of choice and the hot dog was a proper sausage not reformed 'stuff'!
The service is excellent and quick from ordering to serving - the added bonus was we got a chicken pie in the shop for the next day and that was equally as delicious. Can't recommend enough!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

A busy restaurant when we arrived but quickly offered a seat on the lovely sofa's.
Lots to choose from on the menu and when our food arrived the lovely waitress suggested we move to a table making it more comfortable for us to eat our lunch. She found and cleared a table and swiftly moved our food. We were delighted with the service and the efficiency of the staff on the ordering counter. A definite place we will visit again