“Good, Pleasant but Quite Expensive?”

Landstroms Kok & Bar
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Kiruna
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I put a question mark by expensive. £85 for a main meal, a shared dessert and a couple of drinks is in my opinion very expensive. However when you see clearly local sami (by their black hair at least) people in there, even with children - maybe that is the normal price for eating out! In UK (Germany etc), one would have expected that meal to be half that.

Notwihstanding the previous statement it was a good restaurant. I had 'local' lamb and my wife a reideer cut - to be exact -
grilled filet of lamb – served with roasted garlic sauce, fried capsicums & deep fried rice cakes flavored with basil & parmesan cheese
fine sliced & cream stewed reindeer – stewed with porcini, served with lingonberries and potato purée
warm cloudberries – served with homemade vanilla ice

The staff were pleasant, the surroundings equable, and the service good.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

The reindeer meal was delicious, prices were a little steep for any tourist, but not the worst we encountered in Kiruna.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

There were few choices of places to eat, so we opted for Landstroms. Although it was empty when we arrived it was soon full. Would have liked to sit in the conservatory, with massive icicles outside, but no room.
Food was good (reindeer), well presented, and quite expensive - but this is Sweden! Particularly liked my pudding with hot cloudberries.
Only sour note - bit of a rip-off to charge 20 kroner each to leave coats in the cloakroom - you're hardly likely to venture out in the town without a coat, so easy money for them. Have never had this charge before in Lapland.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with both dinners, house wine selection and dessert! Rich flavors and decent service

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We were looking for somewhere to eat and this place seemed busy with a nice buzz to it. We were seated in the side annexe which was fine - but very poorly lit - probably for atmosphere but it made it virtually impossible for me to read the menu!! My husband ordered reindeer steak and I had elk stew and we had a bottle of house wine. Nothing else - but a bill of £90. We knew that it would not be cheap so that was ok and the food was certainly delicious.
There seemed to be lots of locals eating there which is always a good sign and there was a good atmosphere. So it was nice as somewhere to try good quality local dishes but the prices were a little on the high side.