“Good hotel but not in town”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lulea
Nordkalotten Hotel Konferens
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lulea
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good hotel but not in town”
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is mainly used for business as its only 3kms from the airport. If you want to get into town you have to get a cab or catch one of the few buses. The rooms are good and the service is great, they're very helpful. Breakfast is good too.

• Stayed March 2013

• Korean first
Istanbul
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very close to the Lulea AirPort, only 3 km.
Well decorated restaurant but it is really dark.
Rooms are average, and old.
Prices are not realistic for Lulea
Staff is good and helpful
Not suitable for families, you may choose for business

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

Dont get me wrong, you can stay here but it does feel alittle worn out or cheap. Actually did a 180 on location and went into city. It comes down to business or pleasure. Pleasure? No, you are looking for something in the central area.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 April 2011

This is a quirky hotel. It's features natural wood decor, which makes it very special but also dark and gloomy - I found it rather depressing after 2 days. As someone already mentioned, there are various stuffed animals on display. Rooms are ok but strangely designed. My room consisted of a large main room with a big desk and a 10-seat sofa (maybe 8-seat but it seemed huge), and another room with 3 narrow single beds and no window. Bathroom was big but impractical - plenty of floor space but nothing to put toiletries on, and a very small shower cabin. There was a sauna in my bathroom as well, that was ok.

Hotel has a large restaurant with rather weird breakfast selection (inlcuding probably the worst scrambled eggs I've ever had) and poor dinner selection, a swimming pool with water at 16 degrees, a large sauna (haven't visited but my colleagues said it was good), a pool table and darts board, and ski equipment and outdoor clothes rental.

The hotel is big (170+ rooms I think) and has a large conference centre so it seems to be a popular corporate offsite destination. When I was there, on Thursday and Friday it was completely packed but on Saturday and Sunday it was deserted. It's located near the airport but quite a distance from the centre of Lulea so it's more convenient if you're by car - taxi's ok but buses run very rarely and shouldn't be relied upon.

If your aim is to see the centre of Lulea and you don't have a car, I would recommend something in the centre. But if you're looking for a whole Nordic experience, including saunas, Nordic skiing, snowmobiles etc., then this hotel is a good choice as it provides a lot of extra services for people doing outdoor sports. Personally, I will probably choose
some other place next time I'm in Lulea.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Stayed here the night before catching a flight from Lulea airport. Had an average dinner here though it was all you can eat which we appreciated! Also enjoyed the sauna and pool. The room itself was basic but adequate though the bathroom was a bit cramped and I was scared of flooding the place with the shower! You can catch a bus from right outside the hotel directly to the airport which takes only a few minutes. Staff were friendly and helpful. Unique decor in the form of numerous stuffed animals which may not be to everyone's taste but gave the place a quirky edge!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed 22 February 2009

We loved this hotel. We did have to move from our first room, because it was a tad noisy (the receptionist was not thrilled). So: the rooms are very clean, fine size, a weird late 80s-early 90s northern European aesthetic furniture-wise; taxidermy on display at every corner, including, I kid you not, a family of beavers and a lynx. We had to move our single beds together to make one full-sized bed. The sauna in our room was fantastic, took care of our incipient colds right away. Our window opened into an inner foresty courtyard, and during the white nights it was gorgeous. The lake is right there, and we walked down the shore and a bit in the woods -- beautiful! The airport is around the corner (but you don't really hear the planes), Lulea itself is a very short drive away (5 minutes tops). We didn't use the pool and the large communal sauna downstairs, but had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was not all that expensive, and quite good. There, too, the log-cabin aesthetic was quite hilarious. We got a great price through priceline, I think. Would certainly come back and stay there if my research ever takes me beyond the arctic circle again.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 February 2004

This is a really different hotel! A great hotel. I stayed there for 2 nights Nov 2002 during a conference. The hotelroom I stayed in was excellent, and there was a small sauna in my room! Many rooms have sauna. Very good standard of the hotel and the hotel rooms. Food is very good. I can recommend this hotel. Quiet and nice area, near the forest. The airport is close and the airbus stop at the hotel. It is little far from the city so you have to take a taxi or rent a car (when you land at the airport you can rent a car). It is little expensive, but I didn't needed to pay for it, my work did! If you want quiet and beautiful place and a different experience, this is the place for you.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member