US$107
US$113
US$100
  • Restaurant
US$113
ProfilHotels Hotel Aveny(Umea)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$108
ClarionCollection
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Ok Hotell(Umea)(Great Value!)
Comfort Hotels
US$157
US$152
Hotels.com
All reviewsnice viewfree coffeelocation is idealstayed longerfloor roomnice staffthe wi ficomfortable bednice hotelgreat breakfastnice staysame buildingnice roomcitymiddlesleepsoundproofing
Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you need to be downtown Umeå, this is the place.It takes a multiskilled frontdesk staff to handle check in, a small bar, takaway and answering the phone. Wished she got some assistance. The renovated room are small but nice, hopefully the money is there for the bathroom in the future. extra plus for ecolgica breakfast incl. Good you can open the window, oterwise the air got stuffy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words! I must agree, the staff are fantastic:) Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back at Comfort Hotel Winn again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

The hotels associated to the Comfort Hotels chain (in Sweden) are rather basic hotels with a bed & breakfast concept. They do not offer you dinner restaurants, conference rooms, pool area and other things that you - as a ordinary guest - mostly do not need.

And that is perfectly fine with me, as long as the hotel is clean; the beds are comfortable; the employees are happy & service minded and the breakfast is good. And when even the room rate (incl. the breakfast) is at a reasonable level, I feel fine.

My stay at this hotel, this time (I have even stayed here before), was not something that gave me positive vibrations.
My room was far away from an affordable one. The rate I paid was SEK 1.420:-/night (equivalent to € 157 or USD 200). Plus SEK 120:- (€ 13 or USD 17) for parking the car in the basement.

When checking in, I found the young female clerk way too dashing. Her attitude; her stressful, controlling, know-all manner was rather unsympathetic.

The room I was given (#339), was really something! It is situated at the highest level, at the very top of the glass facade towards the entrance side of the hotel.
The room is surrounded by glass/windows on three sides…and the front side (towards the entrance/street side) had glass all the way from the floor up to the ceiling. Though, none of the windows could be opened.
I had the impression that I was staying in an incubator, or in a greenhouse. Therefore, it was even important to remember to use the curtains; otherwise the “whole” Umea population easily could study your movements in the room...

The temperature in the room was way too high for me - however, the thermostat for the air condition system was not the fastest one (or the simplest one to handle)….and it was (as I said) impossible to open one of the many windows to get some fresh air. In addition, the sound from the fan connected to the air system was not the most silent one (I noticed, when I went to bed).
The desk where to put my PC to do some work, was very tiny and at an impractical level.

However, the bed was nice and the bathroom modern and adequate (however, with a very small sink…which was fixed as low as only 70 centimeters (2,3 ft.) above the floor.

The breakfast (incl. in the room rate) is served at the hotel’s breakfast restaurant at the 1:st floor. It was clearly that this hotel is very popular among young people…i.e. students (and I am sure back-packers etc.). There were a lot of them during the breakfast. The few mid-aged guests didn’t really fit into the surroundings.
Though, the breakfast itself was quite good and with a nice range of cold and warm (bacon, scrambled eggs etc.) dishes.

My consisting impression is, that this hotel is put in position for, and focused on, rather young people. It is quite close to a youth hostel.

The geographical location of the premises is very good.

However; I did not like what I experienced…and I am looking forward to staying at another nice hotel in Umea during my next visit. I know of at least a couple of them...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Chris P, Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear Guest - Thank you for your feedback! I will take it to heart and try and improve on the issues that you mentioned above, I sincerely hope that you come back and visit us on another occasion so that we can show you that we have improved. You are always welcome at Comfort Hotel Winn!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Hotel Winn is a concept hotel with very modernist and somewhat clumsy furniture. the entrance is disconcerting with pink glass, but it directs you straight to the reception desk. The lobby is roomy and its specialty is free coffee/tea and sausages (knackkorv) all day long. Service is friendly and prompt. Rooms are midsize and the bed is comfortable, There is a strange glass desk which is too narrow but good for a laptop. Colours are rather extreme. What I would complain about is lightning (but this is true almost anywhere. There is no ceiling lamp and the existing lamps are weak.
The best part of the hotel is a very well thought of breakfast with only organic products. Lots of fruit and several alternatives for youghurt etc.. Very good bread.
The gym is well organized and has two running machines, one walking machine and one bicycle. Plus lots of weights. And it has a sauna which is warm in the afternoons and evenings. The only problem is that there is no place to change and if you have both sexes training, using the sauna may create problems. When I was there, I could do my training mostly solo.

Room Tip: There is a building under construction on the river side of the building so ask for rooms which open to the interior court and are on the top floor (where the gym is)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Thank you for the kind words! I will make a note of your suggestions and try to improve until next time, hope to see you back in Umeå soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The hotel is right in the city centre with bus stops outside the front door. Still it is quiet and beds are comfortable so you are guaranteed a good nights sleep. Staff makes you feel welcome and its a very relaxed atmosphere. There is free wifi and also a free snack (hot dog and coffee/hot chocolate) in the evening by the hotel lobby.

The brekfast is impressive considering the hotel's size. There is almost too much to chose from! The only thing that was a bit of a let down was the room itself as i had one that has not been refurbished. So nothing like the hotel pictures in ads.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

I am glad to hear that you thought our breakfast was impressive! Make sure to ask for me when you return to Umeå so that i can ensure that your room lives up to the expectations as well! Have a great day

Reviewed 15 July 2012

This member of Choice Hotels is newly refurbished and very nice hotel in a central location with friendly staff, fine Internet, and many organic items for breakfast. Rooms aren't big but well laid out. I would surely stay here again but things could be better.

We asked the reception to point us to the top attractions but they couldn't mention a single sight!! They did however provide us with a city map. The soap in the shower was empty, the window outright dirty, and the room was at ground level to a building site.

Room Tip: Order a room to the street (there are only city busses and not that many) or ask for a room on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple