All reviewsnice viewfree coffeelocation is idealroom was cleanthe wi finice hotelgreat breakfastnice staysame buildingfloorcitysleepswedenpossibility
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed for a few night in a double bed room. And it served me well.
It was clean but lacked a bit on the amenities. the shower gel/soap in the dispenser was empty and there where no complementary personal hygiene products.
The shower was big and nice though, with dual shower heads :)

The room was small but functional. I lacked a space to stow away my luggage though. The view over the city was great and I had a big window talking up the entire side of my room. The interior design seemed overly simplistic and made me think of a cruise ship. It was just a bit to impersonal for me.
I really lacked the access of a training facility. Being on the road to some extend really puts a dent in one fitness habit and just access to a simple gym really makes a difference.

Breakfast was good and had all the things I desire; Crisp bread and a selection of fresh fruit and veggies. There is of course some eggs, bacon and such for those of you who prefer that.

Location is great as it's right smak in the middle of things. The city isn't very large so pretty much everything in town is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the areas as they have quite strong lights that might disturb the otherwise scenic view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It's in the middle of the city center. We did found it hard to find and the parking was not very close to the hotel. But the room was nice,the bathroom was very clean. The view we had was not nice,we looked out at a building area. But we stayed in the weekend so there was nobody working there. But we would stay there again if we were in town.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very nice design rooms,a pleaure for the eye. Rooms are very small and chilly! This hotel is always full with groups. Location is in the middle of busy townstreet , with construction activities nearby. This gives a lot of noice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback! Hopefully We Will get to welcome you back to Umeå when We open our new Hotel just next door on the 14th of September 2013, and that you Will Enjoy our new design just as much! Have a great summer:)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Room size was standard with twin beds. The desk was very tiny but well placed close to the window.

I did not experience any disturbing noise from outside and the curtains blocked most of the outside light. It is remarkable though that so many hotels in northern Sweden do not install more effective curtains.

No restaurant in this hotel but Umeå city restaurants are within easy walking distance. I did not try the breakfast but it looked nice enough. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback! We Will open the Doors to the new Comfort Hotel Winn on the 14th of September 2013 and We Are currently in the process of selecting black out curtains to block out all light!!! I hope you visit us again soon and let is know if we succeeded? Have a great Summer:)

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We were pleasantly surprised about the large variety of the buffet breakfast, free coffee and tea and apples all day long, free hot dogs from Sunday to Thursday between 7 and 10 pm a discretion and the very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was spacious and beds to our liking. At our next visit in Umea we definately will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank You for the kind words, to see that you were so happy with your stay made our whole day! Hope to see you back in Umeå again soon:)