“friendly”
Review of Comfort Hotel Winn

Comfort Hotel Winn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Umea
Reviewed 9 March 2014

nice staff central position excellent breakfast and close to shopping area (too far from university thow).rooms quite big and well planned ,Ive been here many times and Ive never been disappointed.I return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Hansericson

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Just checked in to this hotel and regretted it even before I got to the room. They have no restaurant and no gym, essentials for someone who travels in business!

The rooms look like they are from the 80s and it is all very run down. They claim that the hotel opened in September this year, but there is no way that is correct.

If the other hotels in the City would not have been fully booked, I would have left already.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My fiance and I stayed here the weekend before I flew out for a 6 month trip. I was stressed and over emotional and the staff was so kind. They will pack breakfast to go, and even bring extra hot chocolate to your room when you're too tired to function.

I misread my plane ticket and checked a day before my flight, they had no problem adding a day to my already 3 day stay and helping me bring my bags back up to the room.

I try to stay here every time I go to Sweden.

PS breakfast is AMAZING!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I recently stayed in this new build hotel in the middle of Umea, as a matter on the central hub for the local busses, and less than two minutes walk from the epicentre of the town. With other words a central and good location for a pleasure or business trip to Umea.
On checking in I was met by very friendly and efficient staff and a nice welcoming atmosphere.
I got a room on the sixth floor, a standard double room. The room though not very large had a nice view over the city centre, and by night a really nice view. There was no real closet in the room, an open one with not very much room, so there was neither any good place to store one’s shirts, socks, and such.
As in so many modern hotel rooms I had to spend almost five minutes to figure out how the different light sources in the room should be turned on or off. Why?
The bathroom was nice, o good shower, soap just from a container on the wall, no other amenities. The towels a wee bit small.
It was daylight when I arrived and to have less insight I lowered the sunshades, a semi transparent curtain. When I arrived back, it was dark outside, the sunshades was up, and there were to lamps in the window, going on and off. I turned to the reception, and asked if I could not turn those lights off, the answer was no. Apparently, it looks nice from the outside. And the sunshades could just be lowered during day light, so there was no other way to restrict the possibility to look into the room from outside than to draw the night curtains.
The bed was fairly confortable but short even for me who is not more than 175 cm.
The breakfast was not very tempting and the bread served all three mornings was not fresh.
This is not a hotel to which I would return. The appearance of the hotel from the out side is obviously of greater concern to the management than the comfort of the guests, which also take its expression in a not very nice breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MOLSWE
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed for a few night in a double bed room. And it served me well.
It was clean but lacked a bit on the amenities. the shower gel/soap in the dispenser was empty and there where no complementary personal hygiene products.
The shower was big and nice though, with dual shower heads :)

The room was small but functional. I lacked a space to stow away my luggage though. The view over the city was great and I had a big window talking up the entire side of my room. The interior design seemed overly simplistic and made me think of a cruise ship. It was just a bit to impersonal for me.
I really lacked the access of a training facility. Being on the road to some extend really puts a dent in one fitness habit and just access to a simple gym really makes a difference.

Breakfast was good and had all the things I desire; Crisp bread and a selection of fresh fruit and veggies. There is of course some eggs, bacon and such for those of you who prefer that.

Location is great as it's right smak in the middle of things. The city isn't very large so pretty much everything in town is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the areas as they have quite strong lights that might disturb the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It's in the middle of the city center. We did found it hard to find and the parking was not very close to the hotel. But the room was nice,the bathroom was very clean. The view we had was not nice,we looked out at a building area. But we stayed in the weekend so there was nobody working there. But we would stay there again if we were in town.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very nice design rooms,a pleaure for the eye. Rooms are very small and chilly! This hotel is always full with groups. Location is in the middle of busy townstreet , with construction activities nearby. This gives a lot of noice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Chris P, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Winn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback! Hopefully We Will get to welcome you back to Umeå when We open our new Hotel just next door on the 14th of September 2013, and that you Will Enjoy our new design just as much! Have a great summer:)