“Personal attention and fabulous meal”

Restaurang Carl Fredrik
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Angelholm
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Wow! My husband and I walked in late on a week night- the place was almost empty. We were served the best meal of our trip and spent a while talking to the server and to the chef Carl! It was simply amazing. They kept bringing out items for us to try from the kitchen. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked. On the weekends this place gets busy and the outdoor seating is very popular. Go on a weeknight if you want a one of a kind personal experience, or spend the weekend dining & drinking with friends in the outdoor patio! This place is divine!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Food is very good and cosy environment to be there, nice waiter too, price is a bit expensive but worth to experience

Reviewed 11 September 2016

This surely has to be my favourite restaurant in Sweden. We visited the other day, and were as delighted as on previous visits. I have seldom tasted beef like what we were served. It was tender enough to just melt in the mouth! The presentation was equally excellent. Well worth coming back to!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Nice, well prepared dishes served in a relaxed enviorment to affordable prizes. A must if you're in the neighbourhood

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I went to an 80th birthday dinner along with other guests that flew to Sweden from all over the world (South Africa, England, Brazil etc) especially for the occasion.
The restaurant is lovely and I thought I'd found a hidden gem, but as soon as we walked in the surprises began.
First, the staff rolled their eyes at us when we asked if we could sit outside. It was a lovely summer evening and the tables outside weren't booked and were already set, so couldn't see what was the issue.
As we sat down, the chef decided to come out and yell at the 80 year old birthday person, because he had booked for 14 people and only 10 or 12 (can't remember) had showed up, so we'd have to pay for the ones that didn't come.
I work in hospitality and I understand how pre ordered food works, it's ok - but bear in mind the restaurant ended up getting nearly full just a couple of hours later, so I'm pretty sure they could've sold those extra meals to someone else as the service was quite significant. We ended up having and paying for the extra meals gladly, but that wasn't even the main issue.
No staff should yell at a customer like that, let alone in front of all his guests or for something so silly. And even worse: the birthday gent is 80 years old, for crying out loud! He worked really hard to gather everyone to celebrate that special moment with him, he shouldn't be yelled at if a couple of guests couldn't attend. Not only insensitive but also very disrespectful, unnecessary and unprofessional. The chef should've pulled him aside and talked to him in private to say the least.
But it doesn't stop there: one of the guests was served a flat cider. When we checked the bottle we saw it had actually expired, so we asked for a new one. The waitress rolled her eyes at us, but ended up bringing a new one. No apologies whatsoever.
We asked for a new glass, and she laughed out loud and said "new glass? You don't need a new glass!" and threw the rest of the old cider in a bush behind us, shook the glass, and placed it back on the table.
Ok, perhaps it's an ecological approach not to replace or wash glasses, but no need for the attitude anyway.
I was already looking for a hidden camera as I thought everything was disastrously comical as it was, but it kept on escalating.
One of the guests was vegan, and we had pre ordered a vegan dish.
That same chef from before couldn't hold it in apparently, and came back to our table to ask who was the vegan. We thought he'd explain the dish he'd prepared, but instead he made jokes about "why are you vegan? Do you think you're protecting the animals? You're every chef's nightmare. There's a walnut tree there, maybe you should eat the walnuts that fall from the tree".
The food was delicious in the end, don't get me wrong. The chef might not be the best at people skills but he sure is a good cook.
It was also one of the most expensive meals I had in a long time, but it was lovely.
Nevertheless, I won't be coming back to a place where the staff mistreats an elderly customer, makes jokes about your lifestyle choices or is just mean and not welcoming in general. I'd rather eat the walnuts that fall from the trees than going back there - but luckily there are plenty of other nice places to go to.

5  Thank Paloma S