“Bästa sängen”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Helsingborg
Haninge, Sweden
“Bästa sängen”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Good hotel with lovely rooms and people working at the hotel. Parking area you find 200m away and it's only public parking. Weekend the hotel have the best night club in town!
So if want to have a hotel Central Helsingborg with home feeling rooms this is the one to choice!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at hotel Helsing a couple of weeks ago and got a good impression.
First of all, the staff is great. Simply nice people that will help you with whatever you need.
The room that I reveived was on the second floor and literary just above the nightclub - I loved it. I understand that some people find a nightclub irritating but since I'm young and choose to join the party instead of hating on it, I enjoyed it.
The room was more than big enough for me alone and the bed was comfortable.
Some people may find the room a bit old and worned down - I can partly agree with them.
However, I also thought that it kind of matched the hotels overall "noble" atmosfear.

Because of late nights of heavy drinking (partly nightclub, partly wedding) I missed the breakfast both mornings, but from what I heard from the rest of our company - it was great.

The hotel also provides garage, 50 meters away for a cost of 225 SEK each night - fair enough.

Overall an average hotel that met my expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Apartment style with sleeping loft. Breakfast was good with friendly staff. Shorty walk to everything you need in the city. The apartment is actually a short walk to the hotels restaurant. You can also, have a traditional room at the main hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of a short walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed for a weekend in March as I went for a running competition. I got a room in the back, and believe me , it was small. When I opened the door I nearly fell over my bed as it was only 3-4 feet from the entrance door. From the end of the bed to the wall, it was 2 feet ! However, I did avoid the noise from the front, so I slept well. The breakfast is OK and the afternoon meal is included also. The hotel should close down the smallest rooms , and make it into a larger dobbel rooms/suites !

They have a PC for free access on the 2nd.,floor, but it worked for only a short time and it was on a Wifi, so therefore very slow. They should change it into a fiber/cable connection as it was impossible to read newspapers or your email at all. The service from the reception and the restaurant was very good.

I will come back when they have redone their small rooms and the internet is working.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
mikaelwennerstrom, General Manager at Hotel Helsing, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear guest,
Thankyou for your response and informing us that it is difficult to read newspapers on our guest PC. And yes it is true that we have one small room with a 140 cm bed. I am glad that you slept well. For the next time refer to that you got our small room last time and we will see to that you get a much bigger room (we have many really big rooms). Concerning the guest PC we have installed the program Flash so I hope it will be much better reading newpapers. We have measured the internet and the average is well over 50 Mbit so I hope you can come back soon and stay in a large room and read your newspaper on our guest PC. Pls email me when you are coming back so I can say hello. Best regards, Mikael Wennerstrom
Perth
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This was the first time I had stayed in a hotel in Helsingborg, previously I had been lucky to score free accomodation with friends.

I booked online and we communicated with the hotel directly to ensure they had our booking. They did, so when we arrived from a very long journey from Australia - we had no worries about being able to get a room. When we arrived, it was 2 hours prior to check in, but they were happy to store our luggage until check in time at 2pm. Excellent location right next to Bishops Arms too! So I could have my Guinness and relax.

We were placed in a lovely room at the back of the hotel. The beds were comfortable and the room was cool.

Breakfast was great each day we had something different. I really enjoy swedish style breakfasts, so I felt at home. Staff were great and when I asked for more tea bags - they were more than happy to provide me with additional stock.

Definitely will look at booking this hotel again when my husband and I travel back to Sweden in a couple of years.

Room Tip: Ask for the back and don't book weekends.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Have stayed 5 nights in Hotel Helsing in Helsingborg, and it feels very homely.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating at all times. As all Clarion hotels you are offered a large dinner buffet every night which makes the stay less expensive and simpler. As I worked all day a appreciated not having to get out in the cold and search for a restaurant in town.
The interior is very nice, the corridors gently furnished with art and beautiful book shelves with interesting books. The dining areas are great looking, glass roof, surrounded by different bars, Don't miss the champagne bar with pillows and wall paintings.
A down side was the noice from the street, which is something I guess you have to live with if you stay in the middle of a town, and music played from the bar outdoors in the evening.
The hotel has the style of the old building it is but feels very freshly renovated.
Coffe and tea and fruit available 24/7, a fridge had been nice in the room though.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street can be noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I took 35 colleagues to this hotel for one night including dinner, and no one was sorry I did. The hotel did everything to solve any and all issues that arose to accomodate our programme in the best way possible. The accomodation was good with nice, clean and comfy beds. Bathroom amenities were as good, clean and everything in its place. I overheard a discussion among colleagues that the 46" TV was a bit on the cheap side, but I never switched it on so I wouldn't know.
Dinner in the restaurant can be recommended. The fast, friendly and efficient service staff presented us with a 3 course dinner of a very high standard, taking into account that we were 35 guests having the same, cooked by a chef that really does care about what he sends to the tables. I only heard praise from colleagues, and they spend a lot of time outside the office and therefore know what to look for.

The location of the hotel is excellent and very well placed in the city centre. It's close to sights, shopping and transport.

So if you're going to Helsingborg, you should see what these guys offer before you book anything.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business