“comfortable but some features could be better”
Review of Hotel Helsing

Hotel Helsing
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Helsingborg
Oviedo, Spain
“comfortable but some features could be better”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Comfortable bed & room. Evening meal included in price of room. Small table in room bearly large enough to place my laptop and no space to place tray with coffee making facilities, which was stored high up on top shelf inside the wardrobe, making it extremely difficult to remove without everything falling off the tray.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed there quite a few times and really like it, in particular for its location and for the evening meal included (I usually stay alone). Guests have to know that the club gets loud at the week-end so need to request room away from there if you are not planning on joining the party. Reception staff is always friendly and helpful. However bars and restaurants are a little too "who's who" for me and drinks are overpriced (even by Swedish standards).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Haninge, Sweden
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Good hotel with lovely rooms and people working at the hotel. Parking area you find 200m away and it's only public parking. Weekend the hotel have the best night club in town!
So if want to have a hotel Central Helsingborg with home feeling rooms this is the one to choice!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at hotel Helsing a couple of weeks ago and got a good impression.
First of all, the staff is great. Simply nice people that will help you with whatever you need.
The room that I reveived was on the second floor and literary just above the nightclub - I loved it. I understand that some people find a nightclub irritating but since I'm young and choose to join the party instead of hating on it, I enjoyed it.
The room was more than big enough for me alone and the bed was comfortable.
Some people may find the room a bit old and worned down - I can partly agree with them.
However, I also thought that it kind of matched the hotels overall "noble" atmosfear.

Because of late nights of heavy drinking (partly nightclub, partly wedding) I missed the breakfast both mornings, but from what I heard from the rest of our company - it was great.

The hotel also provides garage, 50 meters away for a cost of 225 SEK each night - fair enough.

Overall an average hotel that met my expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Apartment style with sleeping loft. Breakfast was good with friendly staff. Shorty walk to everything you need in the city. The apartment is actually a short walk to the hotels restaurant. You can also, have a traditional room at the main hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of a short walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed for a weekend in March as I went for a running competition. I got a room in the back, and believe me , it was small. When I opened the door I nearly fell over my bed as it was only 3-4 feet from the entrance door. From the end of the bed to the wall, it was 2 feet ! However, I did avoid the noise from the front, so I slept well. The breakfast is OK and the afternoon meal is included also. The hotel should close down the smallest rooms , and make it into a larger dobbel rooms/suites !

They have a PC for free access on the 2nd.,floor, but it worked for only a short time and it was on a Wifi, so therefore very slow. They should change it into a fiber/cable connection as it was impossible to read newspapers or your email at all. The service from the reception and the restaurant was very good.

I will come back when they have redone their small rooms and the internet is working.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
mikaelwennerstrom, General Manager at Hotel Helsing, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear guest,
Thankyou for your response and informing us that it is difficult to read newspapers on our guest PC. And yes it is true that we have one small room with a 140 cm bed. I am glad that you slept well. For the next time refer to that you got our small room last time and we will see to that you get a much bigger room (we have many really big rooms). Concerning the guest PC we have installed the program Flash so I hope it will be much better reading newpapers. We have measured the internet and the average is well over 50 Mbit so I hope you can come back soon and stay in a large room and read your newspaper on our guest PC. Pls email me when you are coming back so I can say hello. Best regards, Mikael Wennerstrom
Perth
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This was the first time I had stayed in a hotel in Helsingborg, previously I had been lucky to score free accomodation with friends.

I booked online and we communicated with the hotel directly to ensure they had our booking. They did, so when we arrived from a very long journey from Australia - we had no worries about being able to get a room. When we arrived, it was 2 hours prior to check in, but they were happy to store our luggage until check in time at 2pm. Excellent location right next to Bishops Arms too! So I could have my Guinness and relax.

We were placed in a lovely room at the back of the hotel. The beds were comfortable and the room was cool.

Breakfast was great each day we had something different. I really enjoy swedish style breakfasts, so I felt at home. Staff were great and when I asked for more tea bags - they were more than happy to provide me with additional stock.

Definitely will look at booking this hotel again when my husband and I travel back to Sweden in a couple of years.

Room Tip: Ask for the back and don't book weekends.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple