“Nice stay again”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Helsingborg
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Nice stay again”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Second time at this hotel and second time a very nice stay. Big room, very good beds, nice and helpful staff and almost in the middle of town. We are very happy with this stay.
Only complaint and it is a really small one, the indoor parking cost extra and most spots are a bit hard to get in and out of.

Room Tip: Both times we stayed in the annex across the street, if that is a clue to bigger rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Teodor I, Receptionschef at Best Western Hotel Duxiana, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi!
I am delighted to hear your magnificent Review. Naturally I do not know when you stayed your first time, but I hope you had a great expercience the first time as well!
You are absolutely right, some of the hotel´s parking places are quite small due to the old building. It has been tricky to decide if we should have fewer bigger ones or a higher number of places with less room, but we went for the higher number to be able to offer it to more guests.
I hope you will return your next time in Helsingborg, to see how we have gotten even better. :)

My best regards
Teo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Great location near shopping and restaurants, very close to train and bus station and within walking distance of most attractions in Helsingborg. My single room was small but well laid out, with a very comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom. Perfectly clean, no wear and tear. Good Swedish breakfast.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Teodor I, Manager at Best Western Hotel Duxiana, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hi!

I am very happy to hear your Review.
Especially since this is what we have been trying to achieve.
Some of the rooms are smaller than others, but we constantly work very hard to keep a good standard, and are right now improving all the rooms which have been worn during the last years.

My best regards and I wish you most welcome back to see all the improvements.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed here twice and would stay here again so that's clearly a positive. The highlights - breakfast is great, and they have an arrangement with an excellent local gym so you don't have the usual tiny, limited hotel gym experience.

The hotel is in two buildings and my first stay was in a room in the building over the way from reception and the main hotel. The room itself was pretty good (one caveat, see below) but the entrance to the building is a disgrace - bare wires sticking out of grimy walls and awful matting on the floor. Don't be put off, once you get in it's fine. But they really should sort out the entrance. I did have a problem with this room - a cold shower three mornings in a row. They did fix it eventually. Eventually.

My second stay I had a room in the main hotel building and I have to say the rooms are rather tired. Strong preference for the other building.

Finally, there's no restaurant or bar so you have to go out each evening. Not too much of a problem as you're close to lots of pubs and restaurants.

Room Tip: go for a room in the annexe building, not the main hotel building
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hi!

I am very happy to hear you have stayed with us several times and took time to write this Review.
We have been aware of the walls condition and the wires, which is why we now have fixed it. The whole entrance has now been painted and we have added new speakers where the wires were (playing the theme of Fawlty Towers).

During the dates you stayed here we did indeed have problems with the warm water for a couple of nights, which naturally was a big issue and I am very sorry for the inconvienience. After the first night, when we became aware of the problem we contacted our contractors to fix the problem, which they did after 20 minutes. However, the following night the same problem occured and we needed to do bigger adjustments and new parts are now in place. Again, I am very sorry for this, but I can guarantee we did Everything in our Power to solve it.

We are in the middle of major renovations in both the main building and across the street. So far (since November) we have made major improvements and renovations in 21 of the 23 rooms in the main building, since they have been pretty worn.
Unfortunatly I do not know which room you stayed in, but possibly you had the bad luck to stay in one of the non renovated rooms.

The renovation is right now an on-going process and during the upcoming months many big improvements will be made through-out the hotel.

I hope you have received answers to your negative experience, and I wish you most welcome to come stay with us to see all the changes made in the hotel.

My best regards
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed a night with my wife who was on a business trip in the city in a double bed room twice. The hotel rooms are situated over 2 buildings situated either side of the street. Both times got a room on the outer building. The rooms are basic and functional and clean. The bathroom in the first room was more than twice the size of the bathroom the second time so they can vary a lot. The beds are as comfortable as advertised. The internet is good. The rooms are a bit cramped for space though. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful (just ask if you need something) and there are amenities provided if asked like toothbrush, shaving set etc. The breakfast spread out is a typical cold Scandinavian one and very good if you are used to the Scandinavian cold breakfasts. Would recommend if you want a good night's sleep after a tired day. Its located 5 minute walk from the train/ferry station and in the city square.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the inner building
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Teodor I, Receptionschef at Best Western Hotel Duxiana, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Hi!

I just want to thank you for your Review. I am very happy you enjoyed staying with us, and I also appreciate you complimenting the staff. We always try to stay personal and flexible, and helpful in every way we can.
You are absolutely correct regarding both the room and the bath room sizes, some are smaller than others. Since we are a city hotel located in older buildings, who over the years have expanded from 45 to almost 70 rooms, the layout of many rooms are different from each other.
This has both its charm and its draw backs, but you can always contact us with your room preferences.

You are most welcome back to come stay with us again!
My Best Regards
Viechtach
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a just one night stay there and this was enough.
Made actually quite a long search before choosing the hotel as there are several ones on similiar price points in the city.
Unfortunately i picked the wrong one
ridicilous quality for 150 EUR per night. Room was more like a dog cage, same size. bed like in old times, equipment of the whole room really old and same standard as a private BB. breakfast, no choice at all.
that's all fine, but not for this money.
once and never / thanks

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bayern1982
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped in a 3 bed condo, bath was interesting but other than that it was functional and clean. Close to main railway station and ferry port, kebabs down the street were pretty good also.
Personally I found the pedestrian street busy throughout the night and pretty noisey! You will hear every footstep and every conversation if you leave windows open.
We paid for a parking space but had a few issues with others parking in it, no big deal just inconvenient and a little frustrating.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ricky H
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed 2 night in this hotel, conveniently located close to the central station and to the ferry arrival. Hotel is clean and room tidy, medium size. Minimal number of towels in the bathroom (2), can get more from reception. Breakfast swedish style, not the best in town, definitely more than what I need. Plus for this hotel are the courtesy of the staff and the gym voucher. As the hotel does not have a own fitness room, they offer free access to a downtown gym of good quality.

Room Tip: Ask to be located in the main building, they also have rooms in the building facing the hotel, not...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business