“Central location”
Review of Hotell Oskar

Hotell Oskar
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a Great location in The middel of downtown of Lund.
It is a comfortable hotel and feels very "local", with only a few rooms. Great breakfast in The nereby hotel Grand. Highly recommended hotel

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Hotell Oskar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Hi Hans,

Great to read that you recommend us highly!! This is super nice feed-back to get for us and our team as you can understand. So thanks a million for this and welcome back next time you are in Lund.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Most charming little hotel! We arrived early and even though the ‘official’ check-in is from 3PM , we had a very warm welcome in the morning when we arrived and moved into our room at 11AM without any fuss. House is tiny but room was spacious ( nor sure how they do that), comfortable and spotless clean. Room was cosy, furniture from famous scandinavian designers, modern TV and music equipment, fast internet connection. Hotel is well situated, excellent breakfast is served at Grand Hotel .
We will definitely stay at Hotel Oskar again!

Hi Katrin,

Thanks for noticing and writing about the small things we do to make Hotell Oskar a nice place to stay for our guests. We are also travelling a lot ourselves and after many years of having done this we also try to stay away from the big chains and find the small and unusual places with a bit more personal touch. TripAdvisor is of course perfect for making this possible... :-)

Cheers,

Klas W

Reviewed 20 November 2013

very cosy hotel, in the middle of the town but quiet like in the village, very friendly stuff, with excellent breakfirst in the Grand Hotel. We loved it so much, that we stayed there for a second night. We feelt like guests in the best friends home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

What more can we say??? You extend your stay and you feel like guests in your best friend's home... We are of course both happy and proud to read this as this is exactly the kind of feeling we would like our guests to have.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience about us here on TripAdvisor!!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed a night in Lund to attend GrandJazz. We booked a room at HOTEL OSKAR.
WHAT A SUPER PLACE! Great value for money, WiFi, breakfast, clean and modern design. and all this in the centre of Lund.
We will be back :)

Hello Sir,
We know who you are - and we also know how much you have travelled and how many five-star hotels you have stayed at over the years... It is therefore extra nice to get this positive review about our little "side business" Hotell Oskar.
Thanks!!!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

As a business traveller I tend to stay in the major chains. So for Lund I decided to try something different based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. I'm glad I did. Hotell Oskar is by far the nicest places I've stayed, very charming, cosy and individual. Sure, it's selfservice but that's really not an issue as the service level is so good anyway. A couple of days before my stay I got an e-mails with all the information I needed. Then I got a text with the code to the door. At the reception was an envelope with my name and the key to my room. I had room 104, a lovely garden room that seemed to be brand new. It had a huge window and door on to the garden that must be lovely in the summer and a big comfy bed (really comfy bed!), great showerroom and really all the things you would need. Coffe and tea could be made just inside by the reception, there was a laundry room for ironing in the same place and a very helpful folder with restaurant tips on the reception counter. And then, in the morning, the breakfast... Breakfast is served at Grand Hotel about 50 meters from Hotell Oskar. And their breakfast is amazing. Worth the stay just for the breakfast I'd say! Very tasty everything, from the fresh sourdough bread to the fresh grapefruit juice, proper scrambled eggs and crisp bacon.

A note on the rooms, I was staying on my own and had plenty of space. Maybe the double rooms are bigger but in 104 it might be cramped for two people. 104 faces the garden and has it's own enterance. This means that there is no window to open, only the door. If you like sleeping with a window open this might be an issue but I'm sure they will book you in to an upstaris room if possible.

I only wish I had reasons to come to Lund more often as I would book Hotell Oskar every time. I can very warmly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Hotell Oskar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Hi,
It was a true joy for us to read your review, not only due to the fact that you liked you stay with us so much, but also because you noted the small details and especially the feeling we are trying to provide - something very different from the big hotel chains. We will never be able to compete on number of stars, 24/7 reception, gyms, bars, restaurants, spas etc. Our niche is that it shall feel a bit more personal and relaxed and perhaps a bit more like at home. We are frequent travellers ourselves after decades of big luxury hotels we are now always trying to find the small and cosy places... :-)
Cheers and welcome back next time you're in Lund
Klas & Milla

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Hotell Oskar is really lovely. It isn't a big shiny, chain hotel. It is a small, homely and really 'cute' little place right in the middle of Lund about 5 minutes walk from the railway station.

My room was perfect. It had free wifi, it was clean, the shower was fantastic and I slept really well.

The booking experience was really easy and a couple of days before I arrived I got an email telling me the door code and my room number. When I arrived I had a question so I emailed them and had an answer in a couple of minutes.

Breakfast at the Grand Hotel (50 metres away) was included and was fantastic. Next time I visit Lund I will definitely stay at the Hotell Oskar

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hotell Oskar L, Owner at Hotell Oskar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hi JP,
Thanks so much for this nice review. We do have our phone and mail attended 24/7 for guest request and we are glad that you noticed that... We are also very happy that you enjoyed your stay so much!
Welcome back next time you are in Lund,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Small house in a nice street very near to train station. Room wide with wooden floor, good "warm" feeling. There was nobody attending my arrive, I received a text with code to open the main door and found an envelope containg room key and a welcome letter then I met the owner in the morning to pay the fee; despite an initial surprise for that kind of "guesting" I must say that everything worked well and I'm satisfied.

Hello Fulvio,
Thanks for your review - we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Hotell Oskar exceeded your expectations!
Cheers and welcome back,