“Nice but gossipy owners”
Review of No 1 Guest House

No 1 Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lund
No 1 Guest House
Ranked #4 of 10 Lund B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2012

It's a lovely mellow guest house but the owners told me a story about a department in Lund that they had heard from another guest. I actually know the department quite well and I thought it was inappropriate that they gossiped like this. I won't be sending people there in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed here during a conference at the university. The room was clean and comfortable with a desk space that was very useful. The bathroom was very modern (it had a great tub - this can be a rare find when travelling). the breakfast was great - eggs, cheese, sliced meat, juice, jam.

It was about a 10 minute walk to the university and perhaps a few more minutes to downtown. The old cathedral is wonderful (you must visit the crypt and ask someone to explain the astronomical clock. I managed to catch a free organ concert. Lund is beautiful with many very old buildings and it seems very well preserved.

Room Tip: The bathroom for Room 2 is outside the room - it isn't a shared bath from what I can tell but yo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank knitravel
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed for a week here and it was definitely a great place. A place is only as good as the people who run it, and from the day we arrived till the day we left Gareth's help was invaluable and really really appreciated. From helping us with our luggage when he saw us dragging our suitcases the day we arrived, to giving us valuable advice on where to go and how to get there, to taking the time off, to drive us to the shopping centre to buy a piece of gardening equipment and to dropping us and our heavy bags to the train station the day we left, we cannot say enough thank yous.
The rooms were extremely clean and quiet and the breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying there, when in Lund.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kitrikr
Reviewed 8 June 2012

No1 Guesthouse looks small but inside it's more like the tardis. 6 of us stayed there in May as part of a study tour. Gareth not only runs a spick and span guest house, he also is an expert on the parks and play spaces of Malmo. He and Karin really made us feel welcome and were full of good stories and advice of where to go and what to do. As someone who struggles to stay in B&B's I'd recommend No 1. Oh and breakfast and sandwiches were superb!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzannah W
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We live in Lund but often have visitors. Everyone who has stayed at Nr. 1 Guest House has been pleased with their stay there. The owners are great and so is the breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank kacytjobb
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The location is blliant because it is close to the university. The room was big, very clean, I was impressed by the flat screen TV. Actually I had booked a room but was surprised it was a little appartment! Breakfast was really delicious, a big choice of cereals and fresh fruit,...! The place is run by a family and they really make sure you get everything you need - I almost felt like being at home!
I will definitely go back there whenever I will be in Lund!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ClaudiaS15
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Accompanying my daughter to Lund while she set up her residence at the university, I stayed in this quiet and convenient B&B. Although very close to the university on a quiet street, it is about a 10-15 minute walk to the train station and most restaurants. Free parking. Although other rooms are available, I stayed in the single room, which features a separate entrance. While I enjoyed the privacy, it does mean that one must briefly venture outside to reach the main house for breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable, furnished in straightforward Swedish style. Although the mattress was a little soft for my taste, I did sleep well. The bathroom was absolutely sparkling and features a full bath (bring your own soap though). Breakfast was served buffet-style in the kitchen and featured fresh bread, a selection of cereals, meats, and cheeses, with boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, juices, as well as tea or coffee. A large, common dining table set up in the living/dining room encourages conversation with other guests. Karin & Gareth are warm hosts and were particularly helpful in supplying information regarding living in Lund. In short: a comfortable home away from home. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo