“Friendly and helpful staff and well situated.”
Review of Hotel Djingis Khan

Hotel Djingis Khan
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Friendly and helpful staff and well situated.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here when taking our daughter to university in Lund. We choose it because of the recommendations on Trip Adviser and were not disappointed. It was in an ideal situation for walking into the centre of Lund, was clean and comfortable, and the staff were very helpful when a problem arose with my daughter's accommodation. I would have preferred a proper evening meal as after a day walking around the town I did not feel like going out again to a restaurant, but what was on offer was tasty and plentiful.
A good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hällingsjö
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A warm, hospitable environment with nice and generous staff.

Good, continental breakfast. Good room standard. Free parking. Free wifi.
Restaurant around average and close the kitchen a bit early to my personal preference.

Walking distance from town center of Lund and located in a backstreet - rendering a more quiet and slower environment - soothing.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing away from the street are quiet and not disturb by other guests.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here for one week and loved it. The room was good size, very comfortable, the bathroom had all the necessary toilettries. Great service. Breakfast was excellent and dinner was light but tasty. Not in the center of town but bus #3 leaves you in front of the entrance. When I come back, I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Starting 22nd August we arrived at the hotel. Receptionist was lovely but thankfully our Sons girlfriend was with us and helped with translation. Our room was located on the ground floor at the front of the hotel on the bus route but double glazed windows shut out any traffic noise, room was lovely and clean and contained everything we needed for the stay even a trouser press and a safe.
The only downside was the size of the bed, although it was a double room it was a small double bed though very comfortable. The hotel is on a bus route but even on crutches only 20 minutes walk from Lund Central.
Breakfast was buffet style and consisted of cereal, sliced meats, cheese, fresh fruit and veg. There were waffles, lots of different types of bread. Plenty of choice.
Our booking included an evening meal but as we were visiting our Son and his girlfriend we ate with them, but excellent for the price.
Conservatory out back overlooked a garden with a pond could do with a clear up but very pretty with wild rabbits running around.
Staff very helpful, always polite. On the whole a very enjoyable stay. Will be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was supoused to stay in this hotel one week, but I had to leave before due the treatment that I had. The apartment is new and comfortable, however I had a very bad experience, since the hotel was been reformed and they started to work at 8:00 until 17:00 making an
intolerable noise.

As I was with my husband and both of us were there for studies, I had to leave every day to the library because of the noise and my husband passed the hole day in the Lab. I tried to complain and a very impolite attendant said that I should sleep during the night because 8:00 am is too late to sleep!. It made me very upset and I tried to talk to the manager who never was there! So I lived the place and my husband had to stay for a couple of nights. He finally got talk with the mananger, who gave him a little discount in the price and that's all.

Although the hotel is comfortable I would not recommended it, due the treatment that we had.

If you are looking for somewhere to relax or stay for a work in the Lund university I would not recommend since you do not know if sundelly they will start a reform and say that you have to get up early!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Lund hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This hotel provided very pleaseant and helpful staff. Bedrooms comfortable, quiet and good; shower room bright/ immaculate etc with extras. Breakfast excellent spread with fruit and fresh orange juicer. Supper was disappointing with rather dried lasagne. Outside gardens a boon in good weather, as well landscaped and restful to sit in. Hotel difficult to find unless better instructions on website. When using public transport - from station, buy reasonably priced bus ticket from station ticket office (collect your number for your queue position) and go acroos road to No 3 bus - stop near hotel door. Simple although hotel about 1 1/2 miles from lovely town centre! Frequent service too. If time, attractive walk into town but quite a climb back up.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed good as quiet area.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Rooms and breakfast are nice and good.
BUT the service:
We called in the morning to ask for check-in time and if we would check-in early. They told us check-in is at 2pm, earlier is not possible. Since we were early in town and had an appointment at 3pm, we tried if our rooms are available already. The made us feeling very stupid just for asking. Actually, they wanted us to wait till 3pm to get into the rooms (we told them in the phone already we had an appoint at this time).
I understand if things are not possible and formally they were right, because they told us before (even if I can't belief there wasn't a single room in my category, which was cleaned at 1:10pm). But I expect from a hotels attended that he cares for my needs (at least he should pretend to do so!).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends