“Value for money”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Very friendly reception and since I had a hire car the slight out of town location was not really a problem.
Would certainly recommend it to anyone.
My wife passed out in the toilet and hurt herself. We had to go to the hospital in Lund and the front desk lady was kind enough to delay my check out.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ljustero, Sweden
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The location is important. Not to far from center of the city, walking is easy approx 3,5 km.
Due to the mainroad it was a quit area. No noise from traffic nore from guests.
For one nights sleep and breakfast I am delighted for the pricing.
I only wish the scrambled eggs would be done on "real eggs", it tasted as not.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We stated two nights at the recently refurbished and rebranded Ibis Styles. The room was so small that the double bed was up against the wall so I had to crawl over the foot end of the bed to get out of it. There was really no space in the room for luggage and no place to sit except on the bed. That said, the room was well kept and clean, with a good size flat screen TV with the most common Swedish channels plus BBC World. The bathroom was also modern and fresh with tile floor and walls. And a well working shower (curtained). Breakfast is now included in all reservations and consistent of a quite OK buffet of cereals, bread, scrambled eggs and bacon, coffee, tea and juices. The staff were friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend it for singles staying just a night or so but for couples the advice has to be - avoid bringing the luggage too the room or find a hotel with bigger rooms.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndersGM63
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We really liked the room and the service was also excellent. We had a great time in Lund. The breakfast was amazing and well done. Thank you very much. The location was perfect, not too close and too far from the city centre.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NorseHotels, Manager at Good Morning Lund, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for giving us such positive feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Welcome back the next time you visit Lund!

Kind Regards
Maria Andersson
Eindhoven
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

I totally agree with other commentators. The rooms are the smallest i have seen. I was alone in my room but i cant imagine how 2 people can stay here with suitcases. The bathroom was ok. The breakfast was quite alright with warm eggs and meat products. I stayed here only for a night and it was ok but if you plan to stay longer it may be too small.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Very good value. The room was clean and nice for sleeping. A bit small for other activites, but I didn't have that need so it was no problems. A bit outside the town of Lund but very quiet and nice for sleeping.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This was a convenient stop with our car after getting off the ferry from Sassnitz on the way to Uppsala. Easy to find and convenient parking. The breakfast was adequate. That's the positives!
We have stayed in several Ibis hotels in the past few years and this one is by far the worst! The rooms are the smallest I have ever seen, but due to previous reviews we expected that. So that wasn't the worst.
The worst was when we (my husband and I) wanted to both log into our laptops. We where only given one password and were told only one password per booking and any more we'd have to pay extra for. I've never heard of such cheapness. During all our years of extensive traveling I've never come across this, not even in 3rd world countries where this could be expected.
Next strike against this establishment came when I tried to turn the heater on. This was October and it was a particularly chilly evening. NO HEAT. I went to the front desk and was told that this was controlled by someone in Stockholm and she wouldn't be able to reach them until the next day???
Strike #3: We decided to eat dinner at their restaurant. When we ordered, the waitress asked us to pay before she could cook and deliver our food? All other sit down restaurants (not counting fast food chains) present you with a bill at the end of the meal. What if we wanted something more... like another beer or wine or desert, etc.? I don't really understand the reason for this since they know where we were staying, so skipping out on the bill would be highly unlikely, and the restaurant is in full view of the front desk where we had to check out at the following day. Poor customer service and very unprofessional.
Since the Ibis is a hotel chain, I don't understand how their hotels in terms of customer service, room standards, professionalism, etc. can be so vastly different. By contrast the Ibis in Locarno, Switzerland is by far the best I've ever encountered. We spent 3 days there and had a regular size room, great internet (didn't have to pay extra for one more), very professional and excellent customer service by the front desk.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning Lund, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear guest,

I am so sorry that your stay with Ibis Lund did not at all meet your expectaions. I can see that you, by several reasons, had reasons to complaint.
All issues will be shared with my team in order to make sure this never happens again, and to get some explanation to why this could occour in first place.

Once again, I am sorry for this and I hope that you contact me for a further communication.

With Kind Regards
Maria Andersson
General Manager, IBIS Lund

Travellers are raving about these Lund hotels