“Great stay”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great stay”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Grand Hotel in Lund. I got my room upgraded. Lovely room, very good breakfast. Small gym and sauna in the basement. Nice coffee facilities (Nespresso) in the hallway. Sink in the bathroom was too small (toilet size).

Room Tip: Rooms at the backside are quieter. Trains at the front side, buses at the left side.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I booked the Grandiosa package (Grandiosa paketet - coffee, 3 course dinner and breakfast) at Grand Hotel in Lund for a one-night weekend stay Saturday-Sunday.

I received a phone call two days before departure and a man told me that we would have to take our 3-course dinner at their sister hotel (100 meters from the Grand) becuase the restaurant was fully booked(What?!?).

I was of course not happy about this but I accepted nevertheless since this was our anniversary, there was little time to plan another stay.

However, when we arrived at the hotel the reception could not find my reservation - Again what?!? What kind of hotel are you running? I did not expect Easyjet service here - you OVERBOOK your rooms !?

Next thing, they asked if I had not received a phone call regarding the relocation?!? I told them that I was only informed about the change of restaturant and NOT the room and they explained that it was for our own sake because the whole building was filled with people who were attending a banquet or something.

After careful deliberation and upon reviewing the new room at the other hotel (Hotel Lundia) we accepted the relocation, but needless to say I was NOT happy! But the prospect of having to witness an apefest with the same people who spoiled my weekend break was not very enticing.

Actually, I can now safely say that we will NOT be going back to Lund (neither the city nor the hotel) anymore, although it is very conveniently located (we live in Copenhagen - only 35 minutes away) for at quick get-away and shopping.

And I must warn future guests that this hotel does OVERBOOK - so beware and demand compensation.

Room Tip: We did not sleep here.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TJ M
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed last weekend. Friendly arrival, lovely room, small for UK standards especially as booked luxury room. But excellent location, great bar/restaurant with very good atmosphere. Very good breakfast but a bit overwhelmed on Sunday when everyone arrived at the same time which clearly was more then could be easily handled. Overall would stay here again, beautiful building, good staff and good service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
middle england
Reviewed 17 November 2012

A big contrast to the majority of hotels in which I have stayed in Scandinavia, this hotel oozes its long history. Conveniently located near both the centre of town and the railway station it is a grat base from which to venture. Reception was welcoming and the wifi free and reliable.
My room was very small but comfortable, but although the side of the hotel is located next to a pedestrian precinct this does not preclude multiple trundling rubbish collection trucks starting before 6.00 in the morning.
As you would expect it was spotless and breakfast was an absolute delight; a wonderful selection of high quality food and great coffee. I particularly enjoyed the herring and various Swedish breads

Room Tip: I have it on good advice that the higher you go the less the noise
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Heiloo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was invited to stay a night at this beautiful and authentic hotel.

We also enjoyed lunch there and a conference.
The building and the room look great - perhaps not 100% refined or sophisticated, but comfortable;
the service is good, and so is the hospitality, the food we enjoyed can be graded good and the roomservice (I ordered my breakfast to my room) - was more than I could eat and look great - the lady who brought this in was most friendly. When I came back for a short teleconference - the kitchen was closed at 11 am - but we could get our coffee from a nespresso machine and water for free (!) and enjoyed to sit there for over 1 hour - no problem at all. Would recommend them to update their site on fitness facilities.
and certainly would come back again if I had a chance!

Room Tip: Unsure, but I always ask for a quiet room - and in this hotel all rooms are fortunately non-smoking
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The hotel certainly lives up to its name, but it's rather expensive for what you get, I'd also stayed in another Lund hotel that cost about a third the price of the Grand but provided better value (larger rooms, more facilities in the room, etc). So while there's nothing inherently wrong with the Grand, you can get better value for less money if you're prepared to look.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tuturiwhata
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

WE took two double rooms for one night while on a road trip around sweden and Denmark, The hotel looks very grand and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were spacious but did not have air conditioning so even though we had the windows open the rooms were very warm. There was no tea or coffee in the rooms, but this maybe a trait of Scandinavian hotels, also no hair drier in the rooms. Breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed our one night stay but it was very expensive, so we would consider other hotels in Lund if we were to visit the city again.

Room Tip: Ask for quieter rooms with air-conditioning or at least a fan when booking if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family