“Great hotel in the center of Malmö”
Review of Scandic Malmo City

Scandic Malmo City
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Ghent, Belgium
“Great hotel in the center of Malmö”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I felt like the queen when I opened the door of my room. So spacious, so brand new and so stylish. It has big convenient beds, a place to eat, a kitchen with a microwave and a dish washer. It was like I was staying in an appartment. The hotel is situated close to the city center and isn't that far from the train station either.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Maria W, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmo City, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Madame,

Such nice things to hear about your stay at our hotel. Hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Malmö!

Scandic Malmö City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is the best hotel I've stayed in. It delivers more than expected.

Pros: Very friendly staff. Large room and bathroom. Large comfortable bed. VERY clean. Well located. A short walk from 2 train/subway stations (Central and Triangeln). Offers bicycles free of charge to ride around the city. Very nice breakfast. Affordable price. A lot of cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

Cons: I have nothing bad to say about the hotel. Had a very nice experience there. It's not right in front of the Central Station like other hotels, but it's really not a long walk, especially if it's not too cold.

Additional information/tips: It is a great hotel. Nice location where you can just walk around and enjoy a sunny day. There's a Jensen Bøfhus down to the left of the hotel if you like meat for lunch/dinner. A pub, a 7/11, a Subway (sandwich) and a bunch of Cafes (like Espresso House) to the left and north of the hotel.

Will surely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Maria W, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmo City, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Malmö. Welcome back!

Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family and I stayed at the Scandic Malmö City this past weekend while visiting friends in the city. We got a good deal by booking ahead and accepting the no refund price. We had heard that Scandics are family friendly but I didn't expect the extras. First, our room was enormous. It fit our bed, a sofa bed for two and an extra bed. (We had requested a crib for our 21-month-old daughter but a single bed had been set up. Within 10 minutes of asking for a crib at the front desk, there was one in our room.) It also included a kitchenette, which we did not make use of. Second, there is a play area off the dining room and our children played there while we took our time at breakfast (which, by the way, was fantastic - lots of choice, very fresh foods, impressive overall). Third, there is a little table with chairs in the lounge where our daughters colored and drew while we enjoyed a coffee. The staff were friendly and we had a relaxing stay. I would definitely recommend it to those traveling with children! Oh - and it was very central; only a 10-12 minute walk from the train station and close to the old town and within walking distance of a beautiful, huge park.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SwissSarah23
Maria W, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Malmo City, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Sarah,

I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

If you have plans of coming back to Malmö I hope to welcome you back here again.

Kullavik
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed one night on a business trip with wife and daughter. Very big room, nice beds. The hotel seemed to be build of something else, former office complex maybe? Good service, nice beds, breakfast ok.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello,

Our large rooms are very suitable for families who come to stay with us. I'm happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay. Welcome nack!

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 10 February 2014

When I got to this room I was surprised to find what was almost a small kitchen in my room. I like that feature, although I thought it was weird that there was no coffee or tea bags in the room, considering it had all other coffee and tea making facilites. I liked the room, it was simple and clean. What makes this hotel a 3 instead of a 4 for me is the noise that I heard on both nights as I was about to go to sleep. It sounded like noise from the radiator or water dripping from a height. I'm usually not bothered about noise when I'm gonna go to sleep, but there was no way of blocking this noise out.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Maria W, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmo City, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello,

Sorry to hear about the disturbing noice, we have now fixed the problem.
Hope to welcome you back at another time when you are in Malmö!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed there for two nights on my business trip. Great accomodations, excelent location (walk distatnce from train central station), stunning breakfast.
Thats for a pros
First thing I noticed, was right after check in. Guy at a reception desk didn't provide any information about hotel or services.
Second, there was no shampoo in my room, even after I ask for refill (they don't use small packs, instead there is mounted bottle on shower wall).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Maria W, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmo City, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hello,
we always try to provide hotel information at check-in. I am sorry to hear that you did not get the information you needed. We hope to welcome you back at your next stay in Malmö.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stunning accomodations, wonderful breakfast, the staff was fantastic, and it is located right on the city square...I fully enjoyed my stay there. It is walking distance from the train station, and walking to fantastic shopping is all close by.

Room Tip: There are two different styles of rooms, I wasnt a fan of the mahoganny style, though it was clean a...