“A Moment of Greatness”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Providence Island
“A Moment of Greatness”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

What a pleasant surprise! This clean, modern hotel is located immediately across from the Malmo Central Station. The hotel is clean and Swedishly appointed. The room size was certainly adequate, with a small (but functional) bathroom. Breakfast, which was included in our rate, was adequate. The breakfast room provides excellent coffee via an exquisite Nespresso barista type machine 24 hours a day. All in all a great place to stay with great, friendly service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ModernEdge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Well, that's a very good hotel very closed to the central station... clean... nice breakfast.... very friendly and helpful staff... the room could be a bit bigger but that's not a problem since they FINALLY asked me upon checking in, which view I prefer!!!!! For this last thing I forgive them for the small room and I consider them a very good choice :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank evdokimos
Carl N, General Manager at Moment Hotels, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for your kind words!
I´m very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you took the time to chare your experience here on Trip Advisor. It´s important to us that every guest get the best possible experience and a simple question like which floor you prefer is sometimes what makes the whole difference. I hope that you soon have reason to return to Malmö and that we once again will get the opportunity to make your stay a pleasant experience.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I spent one night at this hotel, and it was fantastic. Small by USA standards but very comfortable. I was a solo traveler, so it was perfect. The bathroom was amazing - dual head shower. Breakfast was included, and was typical for Sweden. That being said it was very enjoyable. If you are traveling through, you cannot beat the location of this hotel: Right across the street from the train station and near the bus stop that will take you to the airport. The staff was friendly, telling me what areas had expensive touristy restaurants, and the woman was extremely patient when my credit card decided not to work right away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elle23Kaye
Carl N, General Manager at Moment Hotels, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for your kind words! Glad you had a nice stay, and hope to see you soon again!
Best Regards / Carl with staff
Bristol
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Staying on the lower floors for two nights I found a number of things that could speak for or against this hotel.
The location is very close to the central station as well as the centre of town but on one of the busiest streets just above a 24/7 bus stop so you will be close to many things including busy traffic and noisy busses.
The room was minuscule, only just big enough to squeeze a queen sized bed in sideways leaving a party of two climbing over each other which could be amusing, it wasn't quite a Yotel cubicle sized room but not far from it and I did miss a workspace with at least a fold out desk and a chair.
Readymade sandwiches for breakfast was a nice touch and the breakfast in general a pleasant experience.
There aren't many, if any, comparable budget compact class hotels in town but for close to the price I paid you will find quite a few standard sized hotel rooms nearby, however if you are amused by the compact living idea it's a reasonably priced newbuilt hotel near the trains.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Carl N, General Manager at Moment Hotels, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
First of all thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts about your stay into writing.
This is of ours a valuable input to us in the work of tune in the concept.
In general it seems to me that you had a positive experience! This is of course something that gladdens me but you also had some thoughts I like to respond to.

I´m sorry to hear that the traffic was a disturbance. We have measured the dB level and we are under the recommended sound levels for city hotels. But it´s obvious not quiet enough. We are located right in the heart of Malmö and unfortunately there will always be some noise in a city. Fifty per cent of our rooms are facing our patio and have absolutely no sound from the city and if you’re not used to sleep in a city location you can always ask for one of those rooms.
We are also looking into different solutions to help with this.

When it comes to the issue with a small table or desk. Since your review we have decided to look in to this and also ask more of our guests about what they think of this mater. After doing so we have decided to act on this, and I´m happy to inform you that we will in the next week or so have a smart solution that combines a fold down table and a shelf in all our rooms!

Once again thank you for your input!

Carl Nyhlén
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The location just across the street from Malmö Central station is just perfect. The Malmö Sturup Airport Bus also stops right in front of the hotel. I had no problem arriving from Copenhagen airport by train after midnight, reception was open all night.
The room is just big enough to hold the comfortable double bed and the bathroom, but for the price, it is really good value in Malmö. Everything is brand new.
The breakfast is healthy, composed of sandwiches and eggs, and the smoothies are really nice.
I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Maethys
We are thankful for your nice review!
Happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel and that the features we think is our strong sides also are the features you appreciated!
Hope to see you soon again

Best Regards

Carl Nyhlen
Illinois
Reviewed 7 December 2012

New and modern hotel and rooms. Very nice, personable personnel at the front desk. Allowed me to check in early and also to hold my bags after check-out. Room is small but very clean and comfortable. Bathroom is combination shower, sink and toilet with large mirror and well-lit. The floor of the bathroom is heated to help keep your feet warm and to dry the water from the shower (takes about 10 minutes to completely dry). Eco-friendly - you need to use your room key to be able to turn on lights or TV so when you leave the room (and take your room key with you) the lights and TV will automatically turn off after a minute so they do not waste electricity. Good breakfast - tea, hot cocoa, coffee, juice, juice smoothies (!) and fresh sandwiches (vegie also). I would stay here again for sure. 2 minute walk to Central Train Station as well as to City Center of Malmo, which by the way, is very impressive. Especially at Christmas time. Overall great experience at Moment Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are small but worked fine for me.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank rungeoff
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!
Hope to see you again soon.

Carl Nyhlén and staff
Siena, Italy
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I cannot say much about the hotel itself, but I can say a lot about their client care. This is the story....
I booked 3 nights there starting from 6th Nov 2012 on booking.com, then visiting the website I discovered the opening of the hotel was planned on 6th Nov 2012... the day of my arrival! I was very excited to be the 1st client! I was already dreaming of the very warm welcoming of the hotel staff to their 1st client, unfortunately for some problem with the last things to do before the opening the Moment Hotel postponed the opening.
The director contacted me offering the following: booking an higher level hotel in the same area, paying the extra cost for that and offering a free stay at the Moment Hotel in the next future.
I accepted. This is a really super client care!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ScoutOne
I´m glad that you found the solution we provided satisfying.
Once again I´m sorry for the inconvenience but as you wrote we had a slight problem in the opening phase witch delayed us unfortunately.

I hope that you will come back to Malmö soon and try us out.
I know you will like it!

Carl Nyhlén