“Surprisingly good, great welcome”

Renaissance Malmo Hotel
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is great and since our visit to Stockholm I have realised how good! The location is excellent about 5 mins walk from the station. This was our first night in sweden and we were a little nervous but we had a lovely warm welcome. The decor is a little corporate in the entrance hall but made up for by the excellent service. The room was very large and the bathroom and shower were brilliant. The square next door with all the bars and restaurants was a bit noisy made worse by a load of Swansea city supporters but we slept well on very comfy beds. Breakfast was outstanding with a a fabulous selection and superb quality as well as excellent service. The owners and staff of the Lady Hamilton hotel in stockholm should stay here. Corporate hotels have a lot to teach the little boutiques! Malmo was also a brilliant little town, stylish, friendly and cool.

Room Tip: Our room near the corner was a little noisy, you might want to ask for a quieter street
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jens L, General Manager at Renaissance Malmo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Olgiati,

thanks for reaching out to us with such a nice review, will pass it on to my personnel accordingly!

When you return to Malmö please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any inquiries you may have.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Malmo Hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel with the intention of celebrating our anniversary. We live close to Malmo and we love it as a weekend escape. Instead of the very local, I chose this hotel. I found in the website a "romantic package", with a GUARANTEED king size bed and some ammenities. I checked in before my husband as I wanted to surprise him, and I was the surprised one when I opened the door of a quite small room with a double bed and no ammenities at all.

I asked for a higher floor but that was not guaranteed, so, fine, that could not happen, but what about the rest? I payed the same price of a deluxe room in another of our favorite hotels and I get just a regular tiny room. The receptionist said that she would send the ammenities but there was no other room available, as they were fully booked. Then, why on earth does the website does not mention that? Ok, fine, bottle of wine and chocolate arrives, but no robe or slippers as promised.

The room is nice for one person, but for 2 just not inspiring. I usually reserve either a king bed or 2 singles, as my husband is quite tall, and he can never fit in the beds. So, I try to breathe, and ask again for the missing ammenities and pillows, but the receptionist again repeats that "she is alone" in the front desk. If hotel is fully booked why is there not more people there for the guests? Are these beautiful young people working in the hotel trained for problem solving?

Needless to say, our night was awful, i was hugging my husbands feet, he was hugging mine, otherwise we fall out of the bed!! the bathroom is tiny, and the door of the shower was not working properly, so it kept closing over my body while i was showering, so, either I hold the door or I shower?

Next morning we woke early, because all we wanted to do was run away from the place, and we claimed, but again, a beautiful young man could only say: "I am so sorry, I am so sorry". Sorry is not that great when I paid this money, just to get back home, to find a way to end up the weekend "celebrating" our anniversary. So, if the GUARANTEED was not there, then what? Do I get my money back?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jens L, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Malmo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Madame,

thanks for your feed-back!
This is of course not the experience we should treat you and your husband to for a weekend getaway. Would appreciate if you can take the time to contact me on Jens.Lyckman@renaissancemalmo.se so we can compensate you accordingly.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here for three nights last week, with husband, daughter and son in law. Very easy to find, a few minutes easy stroll from the railway station. Friendly staff on reception checked us in smoothly and efficiently, just what you'd expect from a brand like Ranaissance/Marriott. What you might not expect in a chain hotel is the individuality on show here, from the arty, colourful reception and bar/lounge with extends through the public areas to the bedrooms beyond. Everything in this hotel is 'fit for purpose' - the lift was always available, the beds probably amongst the most comfortable we've come across on our travels, the rooms were amazingly quiet and peaceful for a city centre hotel only a few steps from Malmo's main square. There was not one thing we could have improved upon (and we are very fussy travellers!) Would love to return, beautiful hotel, in a fantastic location in a fabulous city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Only a 1 night stay, only wish it could have been for longer, superb location almost on LIlla Torg with some brilliant nightlife.

A 5 minute walk from Malmo rail station following arrival on train from Copenhagen meant it was very easy to find without use of taxis etc.

The check in was prompt and courteous, the room was spacious and well maintained. Located on an nside rom on 3rd floor it was perect for our needs. The room itself was in my opinion relatively low in price, certainly less than i expected to pay for Sweden.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nic_diver
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Renaissance Malmo is a beautiful small-feeling hotel right off of the main square in Malmo. You really could not ask for a better location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, comfortable and had great, fun décor. The bathroom was large and very nice. The hotel is also an easy walk from the train station which makes it a prime candidate for an overnight trip from Copenhagen! I will say that the rooms are fairly pricey... but it seemed as if everything was pricey in Malmo. Overall... great stay and I'd return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Jens L, General Manager at Renaissance Malmo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Sarah A,

yet another Seatlle Seahawks fan visiting our hotel (at least I hope!).
Thanks for your nice review and thanks for chosing the Renaissance Malmö on your previous visit to our city!

Kind regards to you in the Emerald City from us in Malmö,

Renaissance Malmö

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Me and my fiance had a great stay in this beautiful hotel. You will fall in love with the style and luxury atmosphere of the whole building. The room was very comfortable with a beautiful bathroom. We also appreciated the location of the hotel since it was in walking distance from the train station (we were traveling from Copenhagen) as well as the city center. We also loved the breakfast, which was a perfect start of our holiday morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rico E

Dear Rico E,

thanks for your kind words and thanks for your choice of hotel in Malmö!
Hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very funky decor and a big spacious room with a huge bed and a lovely bathroom. Room had air con which was a big plus as Malmo was having a heatwave!
Staff very friendly and helpful and drinks in the bar no more expensive than elsewhere
Breakfast was great with loads of choice - all fresh and tasty
Location is everything on a short break city stay and this place is so convenient. Right off Lilla Torg - the main square, and there are loads of eating and drinking options on the doorstep.
Less than 5 minutes walk to Central Station if you come via train and the airport bus stops just across the road from the station so no distance to trundle with luggage!
Our room was on the top floor round the central courtyard so was blissfully quiet too
There seem to be a large number of hotels for quite a small city but this is definately a great choice - would definately recommend.

Room Tip: As for an inner facing room on a high floor for the quietest option!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidandmel
Jens L, General Manager at Renaissance Malmo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear davidandmel,

thanks for taking the time and thanks for giving us such a nice review!
We are really excited that you liked our product and hope you'll return to our great little city and Renaissance Malmö Hotel.

Once again, thanks for posting here on tripadvisor, have a great summer!