“Everything you could wish for”

Renaissance Malmo Hotel
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my wife and found it be pretty much perfect. The hotel is in a great location in the old town just off Lilla Torg and yet close enough to walk to the station even with a bag.
Premises are very well maintained and room (de luxe double) was spacious and stylish. Breakfasts were good with plenty of choice and dishes were always promptly refilled when running low. The were all friendly helpful and professional. Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerSTOCY, Hotelldirektör at Renaissance Malmo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and I am more than happy for your nice review,
Most welcome back with us!

Martin Åkesson, General Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed in the Renaissance Malmö about a year ago and happily chose it once again when we flew into Copenhagen's Kastrup airport. Malmö is easily and directly accessible by train across the Øresund bridge. This is a well-managed, stylish establishment; smart, comfortable rooms - though ours could have done with the stripey rug shown in the photos. Excellent buffet breakfast, with helpful staff. Friendly reception. It is very convenient for the bustling areas of Malmö yet quiet. I got the impression that the bar wasn't quite the happening place it once was. Wi-fi was a bit in-and-out. Shirts are SEK 90.We will stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms are differently proportioned - the result of historic building conversion - so if you don...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerSTOCY, Hotelldirektör at Renaissance Malmo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for revisiting us this time and most welcome for more revisits.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a reservation, checked in on a hot, sultry night, and then were told the AC in the hotel was broken. The girl at the front desk was apologetic, but completely unhelpful. Eventually, with the help of a valet and the internet we found an air conditioned room at the Scandic Hotel and drove over there.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a busy square with many clubs and restaurants. Without AC it would be hot and terri...
2  Thank ijloewy

Please accept my sincere apologu for the problems occured during your stay with us. Our A/C has been broken for a while and was not at all an easy fix. After two weeks of repairment work it has now been solved and is working 100% again.
I am really sorry for your experience with us. If you again are visiting Malmö please reach out and we will help you to a nice and comfortarble stay.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I only had the opportunity to stay for one night as part of a business trip but I am intending to stay here with my wife in the future as the hotel is was stunning, the room was absolutely beautiful and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The buffet breakfast was also very good. An excellent experience of which I hope to repeat again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review and most welcome back in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us in advance for preparing something extra when you return to us together with your wife.
Welcome back!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a great hotel that needs to try a bit harder. As the title suggests, the staff were all friendly, the location is terrific and the breakfast was more than satisfactory, but...

We should have checked in at 3pm but had to wait until 4pm for our room to be ready. It was a baking hot day, and I asked for a drink - two glasses of water were duly supplied as we sweltered in the bar.

This takes me to my second point. The hotel air con was not working - the receptionists apologised but I see from looking back at reviews that this is an issue that the hotel has from time to time - it needs to be sorted, or the hotel should not advertise itself as having air conditioning.

Finally, I tripped over one of the wooden bars that join the carpet throughout the corridors and in doing so, I badly bashed a toe. While a receptionist showed concern and offered me a plaster when I drew it to her attention, no other action was taken. She said maybe they should have signs up - this seems unlikely and it was my fault. But I hoped that someone might inquire the next day when we checked out and paid for the one drink we shared from the mini-bar- no one did.

So - a great hotel that needs to work harder to please its guests - a free gin and tonic would have been nice!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - we did and got one!

Dear Viv,

Thank you for staying with us and please accept my sincere apology for the problems with A/C. This has been along and very complicated story to get fixed but is is now working again since two weeks.
I agree we have some things to work on to be even better and this is also why feedback as yours are so valuable to us.
I hope for your return to Malmö and Renaissance Hotel and I will be happy to treat you with both a dinner and a Gin&Tonic for your feedback and for the problems that occured last.
'Most welcome back!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We slept there on our weeding night. When we booked we informed them on our late arrivel, special diet(vegan) a wish for bathtub in the room and late check out. All was taken care of when we arrived. Very nice room though you do not get any special view(a small garden on the roof). The breakfast buffé was really good also for a vegan. Staff was very friendly. We will come back should we need a hotel in Malmo

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan Krogh P

Thank you so much for your stay and your review. And congratulations, even if late, to your marriage.
Welcome back to celebrate for the future also!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I chose this hotel based on the good reviews and the location and I was not disappointed! The staff were extremely attentive and helpful, we requested a "quiet" room having read some of the comments about it being noisy on the street facing side. Sure enough we had an inside room, with a courtyard type view, not a great view but that was no problem as it was so lovely an quiet which is what we wanted. The room was very comfortable and the bed was confortable and big. The room and bathroom a bit on the small side for a 5 star hotel, but as we paid a slightly discounted rate (through expedia) we were very happy with what we got for the price.

The bar area was lovely and relaxing but food and drink very expensive, even by Malmo prices. I recommend B*stard restaurant which is literally 30 seconds walk from the hotel, and not too expensive (book in advance if you can as it gets very busy).

The location was fab, 10 mins walk from train station, 30 seconds to Lilla Torg, about 15 mins walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room for a really quiet night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Helen,
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We are located in a very lively area as you say. For good and bad.
I am happy you found Bastard, it is a lovely restaurant.
Most welcome back!