“Neat and Comfortable”

Elite Plaza Hotel Malmo
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This being my first trip to Malmo I wasn't sure exactly where the best place would be to book a hotel. Hit this through the web and was pleased with the location when I arrived. A little hard to find at first as the door in small and blends in with the rest of the street. The red carpet out the front is a good indicator. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the central station where you can catch any form of transport you need. My wife and I found no need for much transport while in Malmo, but then we were just here for two nights. Everything you need is really close. The rooms are modern and neat. Felt warm and confortable the whole time I was here and would be pleased to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Malmo. It may be worth mentioning that I did little more than sleep in the hotel, so I can't comment on too many of the other facilities that are present in the hotel. Over all the standard is high, so I would suspect that from all the other aspect of this hotel.

Room Tip: The front door hides away a little so look for the red carpet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I travelled to Malmo with my boyfriend and decided to stay at Elite Plaza Hotel because it seemed to be very good value.

We stayed in the suite which was quite large and modern - The bathtub was however probably one of the smallest in the world!

The breakfast was very lacking, and if it weren't because we only stayed for one night, i would have gone elsewhere.

Apart from that the location was excellent, located in the middle of both shops and restaurants and walking distance from the train station

Overall i was happy with my stay, specially considering the fairly cheap rates

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a short trip away and thought it was very good value. Nice big room with comfy bed and ok bathroom. It had a big tv and fast wi-fi which I find essential for all hotels.

The hotel reception were really helpful and the breakfast plentiful.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Location of the hotel is great if you like shopping, since there is an abundance of shops around the corner. If you are at the city just to pop by and are travelling by train, the other Elite hotel in town is more recommendable because of it's location.

Breakfast is very good, just like the Elite-hotels use to have, and hotel staff is very friendly. Room (superior) was spacious but quite dark. Also the room was quite cold and I did not find any device to regulate the room temperature with. Bed was very comfortable and room was very clean with all the new fancy decor.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Very nicely decorated hotel smack in the centre of Malmö. All the rooms I've stayed in has been absolutely perfect, very nicely made and decorated, exceptionally clean, including the corridors and surrounding areas. Very good breakfast. No own restaurant but as usual with Elite hotels it seems, directly connected to a pub/restaurant with some good basic meals until quite late. A number of great restaurants within 3 minutes walking distance, so that is all good. The only thing to comment on is the service level at this hotel. The personell often see a bit young, inexperienced, and not with a service attitude one would expect from a hotel this standard. Some personell good, some outright rude.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Malmo in mid-November is cold and gets dark early so comfort was foremost in my mind when selecting this hotel; which did not dissappoint.

The initial imprssion was one of freshness with no hints of wear and tear. The reception staff were welcoming as well as helpful although there did not appear to be any porterage if that is something you expect.

Elevator access was restricted to room card holders which gave a feeling of security that was reinforced by substantial doors to the bedrooms. The room itself was reasonably spacious, very bright and offered views over the plaza. Excellent glazing kept out the street noise as well as the draughts.

Furnishings were above standard with good amounts of storage and included a suitcase holder which always helps when making a single night stay that does not justify unpacking.

Wifi is available free of charge in the rooms but I used the ethernet connection which produced blistering speeds of 96Mb download and 11Mb upload.

There is tea and coffee making facilities with a good range of items including loose ground coffee/сafetière and drinking chocolate. There was also a safe and mini-bar.

The bed was simply the most comfortable one that I have ever slept in anywhere - WOW - I wish I had one like it at home. I made the error of taking a pre-dinner nap and didn't want to leave it.

The bathroom is pretty and well stocked with guest complimentaries however it was the only area where I felt design let the place down. The sink does not have any stop or plug of any sort which I found annoying when shaving. The shower was powerful, warm and reliable but uses a loose handset that kept flipping up and wetting the stored towels and flooding the floor. Leaving the shower for a floor soaked in tepid water is not a good experience and a pain if someone is going to shower after you. These were however the only annoyances.

There is a funky retro lounge on the ground floor and a link into the hotel's own bar - The Bishop's Arms - which has an atmospheric lounge/library to the rear.

Overall, the hotel offered an excellent venue for a winter weekend trip and would have been perfect were it not for the water soaked bathroom.

Room Tip: Request one overlooking the plaza. Soundproofing means that occupiers of lower floors are not disadv...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Just returned from a two night trip to Malmö to see a concert at Malmö Arena. What can I say about this hotel, it is simply fantastic! I have stayed at the Elite branded hotels before in Sweden and never been disappointed but this is now my ultimate favourite choice for the city of Malmö. The location of the hotel is a 10-minute walk from the Central Station in Malmö or if you carrying luggage you can take a taxi, which will cost around 120 SEK. Ideally, the hotel is located from the main shopping street, there is an abundance of shops, and restaurants close by. There is a typical English pub located within / next door to the hotel called The Bishops Arms.

I was booked into a Superior Room, which was massive with a bed that can only be described as Queen Sized. The room was ready upon my arrival and I was on the second floor. A comfortable bed with a choice of pillows (synthetic ones were in the wardrobe along with a blanket!). Each room has a flat screen TV on the wall and you can hook up your iPod to listen to your own music. There are also tea and coffee making facilities in each room and you can make fresh coffee using the little cafetiere, perfect I hate instant coffee and extra milk can be obtained from reception should you need it!

I also should add a friend of mine was booked into a ‘Standard Double Room’ and this was more than adequate in terms of comfort and space and had all the same facilities as my room did.

The large windows in the room offer plenty of natural light, but once the heavy curtains are shut, you will experience no problems falling asleep as it is so dark. Also in the two nights I stayed here, I heard no noise in the hotel at night so my sleep was good! The wardrobe has plenty of hanging space and shelves; there is an ironing board complete with iron and a safe for storing your valuables! A nice large bathroom with a power shower and plenty of towels and toiletries!

Breakfast was served until 11am on weekends and the scrambled eggs are to die for! I found that the tables were cleared quickly so there was no waiting around for a table for breakfast. We got late check out on Sunday until 6pm, which was an added bonus, as I did not need to be at Copenhagen airport until 4pm! There is a large sized gym perfect if you fancy some exercise and also a sauna. There is also a garage for car parking located in the basement. Free wireless internet or a cable is provided in the rooms is available for three hours at a time by collecting a ticket from reception. I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful, certainly a welcoming stay and a hotel I plan on visiting again on my next trip to Malmö.

Room Tip: The Standard Rooms are perfect, somehow I was booked into a Superior Room for my two-night break but...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends