“A funky hotel”

Comfort Hotel Malmo
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This Hotel was much better than I expected. The rooms were a bit small and clothes storage space was limited but this was compensated by a great strong shower, comfortable bed and some quiet sleep. Breakfast was also good with a host of healthy options. Staff on front desk helpful but not enough of them and it was frustrating that drinks could not be charged to the room. As we had a hire car from Copehagen Airport we had to find parking, the hotel said they had parking but I didn't realise this was expensive and chargeable in 12 hour blocks only by the hotel, this should be free or reduced for guests. It is not a central location but a 15 min walk gets you to the centre very easily. In summary, I would stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel Malmo

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed in the Comfort Hotel Malmö one Friday night when I missed my train connection. This meant that I was suck with the USD 190 walk-in rate. It's on the high side for what you get, but what you get is still quite lovely. Strong points include edgy Scandinavian design of the rooms and common areas, a digital HD signal on the TV, and an exquisitely presented breakfast buffet included in the room rate. The location right next to the train station and a couple of blocks from the bus terminal is also very convenient.

The only oddity I came across was when I asked at check-in if they offer miles with any airline program; I got a "What do you mean airline miles? We just have our own program." As someone who collects miles on both Accor's and Starwood's own programs, I was a little surprised with the response.

In sum, I had an excellent experience, and had the price point been 50 bucks lower, I would gladly have given the Comfort Hotel Malmö five points.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2012

A nice spacious (eco) hotel just beside the Central station in Malmo.
Very friendly staff although a very, very long wait for our dinner due to lack of staff. The room was ok but missed a fridge and hangers for clothes.
Absolutely fantastic morning spread with warm food and cold cuts. All eco and a fantastic GYM/Fitness room with modern equipment and even a boxing ring!
Overall, good value for your money. Especially if you buy a "Take Offer" deal which gives you 50% off. That made our stay in a double room with a 2 course meal and breakfast included, Dkr.648,-!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I spent the weekend in Malmo with my son and daughter in law who stayed at this hotel. I stayed at another hotel. This hotel is very modern, trendy etc. The architecture is great, building the hotel up around three different building. The restaurant/ breakfast area is a nice place to sit and talk as well as enjoy the amazing breakfast with many different choices. We also had dinner there and the food was decent. The rooms are decorated in warm colors with modern art on the walls. Very centrally located across the street from the train station.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel is right across from the railway station if you fly into Copenhagen and just as easy from the bus stop from Malmo airport. We walked from the Malmo airport bus (easy to book online) in 5 minutes. Check in was easy and the staff were really nice and very efficient. I was running a series of meetings in the hotel and all the arrangements were correct and carried out with characteristic Swedish efficiency. The first room was a bit small and on the ground floor - absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I really like windows that open so asked to be moved and was given a really big room on the corner of the 4th floor. The room was super clean, well laid out, good shower room, flat screen TV and (hurrah) FREE and very fast wifi. Nowhere to store clothes apart from hanging space (no drawers or cupboards), but not an issue as we kept our tee shirts etc in our bags. No mini bar but a really well stocked shop at reception. Complimentary tea and coffee all day in the restaurant area is a nice touch. Great breakfast selection. Nicely decorated and funky public areas and all the staff were friendly and smiling. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We were 4 people who had a 1 night stay in two rooms this weekend. The rooms very soooo nice and very modern. But for some strange reason we only had one towel in each room and in one of the rooms there was only one duvet. But it wasn't a problem for us to get it at the reception.

The hotel is super near the shopping streets and 100 m from the central station.

VERY IMPORTANT: Bring your fitnessclothes - the gym is fantastic:-)

The breakfast was more simpel than we had dreamed of. We didn't feel that it was a brunch because it missed the pancakes and other sweets. We would more call it a breakfast.

In our package there was also dinner in the restaurant - Plectrum. Here we were disappointed. The 2 course dinner was salmon with potatos and chokolade cake with vanilla ice cream. It tasted ok, but the guys would rather have some meat. A look at the menu was also disappointed and would definitetly had made us go somewhere else if the menu wasn't included. I have add'ed a picture of the menucard.

But all in all I would definitly go back to this hotel if I should spend a night in Malmø again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed here for a work conference for two days, and the inital impression of the enormous hall you enter with the reception and breakfast area does not justify this hotel.

I was staying with a colleague, so we had booked a double room with two single beds. The initial room we got was an old dusty room which could barely fit us standing up in there at the same time. We assumed that there had been a mistake, so we went down to the reception, and the response was "there is a pull-down bed, so it is a double room". After arguing for a while, i remembered that i had the free upgrade option due to the Choice Club membership. So we were sent to the renovated part of the hotel and got a slightly bigger room. Still very small and uncomfortable. Breakfast no good either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business