“Imperial style room with good location for Malmö and convenient for a trip to Copenhagen”
Review of Elite Hotel Savoy

Elite Hotel Savoy
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The hotel has a large variety of rooms. We were offered to choose between two options and were lucky to get a nice room in the corner of the building, with plenty of light, spacious living room and wonderful design. The hotel is ideally located for the discovery of Malmö (Stortorget, Lillatorg) and is just a few hundred meters from the Central Station, from where you can reach Copenhagen in half an hour.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BPwayfarer
There are newer reviews for Elite Hotel Savoy

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed 1 night on business and it was great for that purpose.

The hotel is in a fantastic location literally opposite the main train station, I was able to walk to my meetings and walk out in the evening to the local square where there are about 15 restaurant choices.

The hotel lobby is very nice and you can see that it used to be one of the best hotels in the city. The bar is full of character as is the breakfast restaurant. Breakfast is good, all options available and a good quality of food.

The room itself was OK. The beds were comfortable, all the amenities were good and the actual "nuts and bolts" of the room where to a good standard. I felt the room was let down by the bathroom. The bathroom looked tired and when using the shower the whole floor was flooded with water.

I would also comment the prior to booking I had read a couple of reviews regarding the noise from the street, this was bad and if I were to stay again I would request a room at the back of the hotel or higher up.

I would stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Be aware of road noise on lower front facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank matthewwoolf12
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Staying at the Hotel Savoy during the Eurovision Contest. There is no air conditioning. It's about 25c outside and hot as h*** in the room. All the windows are screwed shut except one which has a child guard and opens about 5cm. For this much money I should sit and sweat? I have the door propped open with the garbage can to get maybe a cross breeze. Crazy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Nice place to stay if you like to explore the South Sweden by train. Lund is only 20 minutes from hotel door, Ystad or Simrishamn will take you 1,5-2 hrs by train. Anyway - nice places for a 1-day trip.
Old hotel, really 4 stars. The only inconvenience- late breakfast on Sundays. Too late for a 4 *! We've got a flight at 9-30 am from Kastrup, so we kept only croissaints and coffee instead of normal breakfast at 6 am or 6-30. But "normal" breakfast was excellent!
Anyway- one of the best place to stay: 2 TV in the family room - 1 bedroom with TV and a little "reception" place with a desk, sofe and TV also.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A great place to stay for your business or private visit to Malmö. Right in the centre of the city across the central station and close to the many local pubs and restaurants. However, you don’t even need to go anywhere as the hotel offers a great French style bistro restaurant and Irish style pub to its right and left side.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I'm sorry to say that this my favorite hotel in Malmö (and where I always stay when in town) didn't met up with my expections this time.
I had booked the room well in advanced asking to be given a room (I always have DeLuxe or suite) in the old part at the corner of the hotel where it's high ceilings and this wonderful old feeling I love and with gorgeous views over Turning Torso and the sea.
When I arrived at 3PM on Sunday I asked if the room was one of those I had asked for and the answer was no. Those rooms weren't ready. So I asked how long it would take because I was prepared to wait. But the receptionist said they didn't clean all the rooms so those rooms wouldn't be cleaned all day (??)
We have a room here out to the Central station or to the street. Take one!
The tone wasn't very nice and very arrogant. It was just like he said Take it or leave it. The thing is I book so long in advance and to get a good price I have to pay upon booking so I had to stay.
The room I ended up in was very dissapointing. The view was great but the room was very small, one of the radiators was broken and practically spurted out heat which made me have one window open all the time. It was very cold and windy the days I stayed there so not very nice.
The lights didn't work and it was hard to get some warm water in the shower. I had to let it run for 10 minutes before it got so warm I could shower.
What has happened to this hotel that used to be so nice? I sure hope they will shape up and have better service minded personnel first and formost. The day I left they actually had other receptionist and they were so much more service minded.
I'm not sure this will be my first choice next time in Malmö I'm sorry to say.

2  Thank emtes54
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This hotel reminds me of the problems Elite have in Karlstad, when taking over an old, established hotel. The rooms are scattered over different parts of the hotel, reachable by small stairs and elevators that take you one floor etc, seemingly without any logic plan. More evident drawback, the painting and decoration are at times outworn and in need of a major update. The lobby is small and not inviting you to spend any longer time chatting there.

My room was - considering the state of some public areas - surprisingly modern and housed everything I needed for a business trip. Comfy bed, safe, refrigerator, iron board and a good bathroom. Wifi is free and deliver a good speed.

The breakfast buffet was a bit disappointing: The bread sortiment was a bit poor and I got the impression of defrozen pieces. No fresh juice available and, overall, not much of "homemade" products. However, you can certainly find something to please you, I found the youghurt with fresh berries good.

The restaurant has decent food (I did not pay myself and cannot tell about the price level) and a quite good service. It has the ambience of an old French brasserie, not bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a redecorated room