“Probably one of the best sleeps in my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elite Hotel Savoy

Elite Hotel Savoy
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Malmo
Ottawa, Canada
“Probably one of the best sleeps in my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

I was coming from Copenhagen to Malmo just for an overnight stay before I went to Stockholm. There were a few sights I wanted to see and I figured I could stay here a few hours before I took the train to Stockholm.

The hotel is simple to find if you take the train over to the main station. I came out the side entrance or exit and it was really just across the street/bridge. Checked in no problem. Nice friendly front desk. Went to my room #604 which is a half floor in between 1&2. Room wasn't huge but it was clean comfortable and had everything I needed. I mean I stayed pretty cheap here and it has a nicer tv than I do. I left my stuff and ventured out. 20 min walk to the Turning Torso. You can see it from the front of the hotel. Went all around the area just behind the hotel. Tons of shopping. Came back in at night. Took a nytol and went to sleep... for 13 hours! Woke up @ 5 mins before checkout. I called down to the frontdesk to explain that I was going to be about 10 mins, we both shared a laugh and I was down there shortly to checkout.

Oh and it has free internet. That was huge.

So yeah, great experience for my one night @ the Savoy. If you're taking the train and want to be close, this is for sure your best bet.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

Stayed for one night at the Elite. The location is great - just opposite the central station and close to shopping and Vesträ Hamnen. The staff was friendly. We got room 602. The room itself was okay - a little weary though - but the view was poor. But we survived for one night. The breakfast was great and complete. For the price the hotel was a good bargain.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

I have stayed at the Elite Hotel Savoy now two times. First in business and now with my girlfriend and both times the hotel has exceeded my expectations. Perfect location opposite the central train station which is very convenient when arriving by plane at Copenhagen Airport, 20 min by train to Malmö and then 50 meters walk to the hotel. The rooms are very nice and my girlfriend and I had a lovely dinner at their restaurant. Free Wireless Internet all over the hotel is also a plus. Friendly staff!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

The hotel is located right opposite Malmo central station which is great. Went to our room to find the curtain rail broken, went to reception who changed our room for us straight away, so no problems there. The hotel has so many rooms, its like a maze to find your room (we had 2 lifts), but all was fine.
Both rooms we saw I wouldn't say were 4 star rooms, but they were absolutely fine for us, a young couple looking for somewhere to sleep! Rooms were comfortable and clean, and a very good size. Bathroom was good, and the bed was soo comfy, I had a great nights sleep!
The breakfast in the morning was amazing! All you could eat! Was definitely one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had, they had everything from hot stuff to cereal to yoghurt to rolls with ham and cheese! Great choice!
I would say that the hotel was quite good value, although like I said I dont think our rooms were quite the 4 star we were expecting, although still very nice.
All in all a very nice stay though, recommended!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2008

I stayed at the Savoy for a business trip. It was perfectly located within walking distance from the Central train station...even in the snow :-). It was a clean hotel with a friendly staff. Staying with colleagues, it seemed the room sizes weren't consistent even though we all booked the same class of room. My room was comfortable and roomy and I was pleased. It is centrally located to a lot of things you can do in Malmo and walkable from pretty much everywhere.

• Stayed November 2008
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

This hotel was an unexpected surprise. I booked it strictly because it is across the street from the train station and we needed a place to stay for a night when coming back on the train from Stockholm. It was lovely.

The rooms were very clean and had a reasonable amount of space in them. If you know you will be there, there are definite deals available on their website too.

Malmo was a nice town to visit and this was a great location and hotel to stay in while there. The breakfast was also very nice and the room was large and inviting.

• Liked — It felt like a high class hotel with a small hotel charm to it.
  • Disliked — Some of the rooms have a maze of hallways to get there.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2007

A weekend away in Malmo is now a much more attractive and affordable option thanks to easy access from Ryanair flights and the marvelous train connection to and from Copenhagen.

The Savoy Hotel is a fine place for a weekend break.

First up is the location - directly opposite the the main railway station, and only a short walk from the bars, restaurants and shops in the old town. Not that you need to venture too far away, since the hotel itself has a a very good restauarant and pub ( the Bishops Arms, no less) in situ.

The hotel itself is full of old world charms, and the plaque in the lobby lists some of the famous clientele from - well, probably bygone days. Still great reading though. The rooms are large, spacious and well serviced, while the in-house sauna offers an opportunity to soak away the pains of the day.

Breakfast is a buffet in the restauarant, and is first class (also doesn't finish too early, like some early rising Scandinavian hotels).

Price ? Nothing in Scandinavia is cheap, so, by local standards, the Savoy can be reagrded as very good value - either for a business trip or a social weekend.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple