“Tried to book but they had weird policys!”
Review of Elite Hotel Savoy

Elite Hotel Savoy
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I had looked at the webpage of the Savoy and their rooms looked wonderful. I checked if the dates i wanted to stay were avaliable and they were, although only the "Deluxe rooms" for about $170. OK, so thats alot of money but I thought the room on the picture looked well worth it.

Then I looked at some of the other photos of the Deluxerooms and there were ones that hadn´t been re-made since god knows when. Soooo...having had faced this situation before (booked one style and gotten a complete different one) I called the hotell and said that I looooove the new style of the rooms and was wondering if they could guarantee me a stay in one of them.

"No can do" was the answer. He said that it's "usually not a problem to get the kind of room you want" but that they can't guarantee anything. He also sounded very annoyed that I thought it was important. I mean -the difference is HUUUUUUUGE for paying the same price.

Arghhh, I was so angry...have to find a hotel that can guarantee that you get a nice room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christine_JR

Reviewed 13 July 2009

I stayed at the the Savoy for two nights and it evokes an air of days-gone-by, and dates back to the nineteenth century. It's a bit of a rabbit warren to the bedroom, and mine was quite small with two cupboards - one containing the shower, the other the WC and basin.
The breakfast was - I was going to say "served" - but it's buffet style in the brasserie.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Location is perfect - opposite the station, and midway between the old town with its lovely squares and parks, and the up and coming ex-docklands with its interesting architecture and walks along the water's edge. From 2011, the train journey from Copenhagen will be cut by 20 minutes as a major tunnelling project is under way.
I would have liked to have stayed another day - there was so much to explore. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2009

I was coming from Copenhagen to Malmo just for an overnight stay before I went to Stockholm. There were a few sights I wanted to see and I figured I could stay here a few hours before I took the train to Stockholm.

The hotel is simple to find if you take the train over to the main station. I came out the side entrance or exit and it was really just across the street/bridge. Checked in no problem. Nice friendly front desk. Went to my room #604 which is a half floor in between 1&2. Room wasn't huge but it was clean comfortable and had everything I needed. I mean I stayed pretty cheap here and it has a nicer tv than I do. I left my stuff and ventured out. 20 min walk to the Turning Torso. You can see it from the front of the hotel. Went all around the area just behind the hotel. Tons of shopping. Came back in at night. Took a nytol and went to sleep... for 13 hours! Woke up @ 5 mins before checkout. I called down to the frontdesk to explain that I was going to be about 10 mins, we both shared a laugh and I was down there shortly to checkout.

Oh and it has free internet. That was huge.

So yeah, great experience for my one night @ the Savoy. If you're taking the train and want to be close, this is for sure your best bet.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Stayed for one night at the Elite. The location is great - just opposite the central station and close to shopping and Vesträ Hamnen. The staff was friendly. We got room 602. The room itself was okay - a little weary though - but the view was poor. But we survived for one night. The breakfast was great and complete. For the price the hotel was a good bargain.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2009

I have stayed at the Elite Hotel Savoy now two times. First in business and now with my girlfriend and both times the hotel has exceeded my expectations. Perfect location opposite the central train station which is very convenient when arriving by plane at Copenhagen Airport, 20 min by train to Malmö and then 50 meters walk to the hotel. The rooms are very nice and my girlfriend and I had a lovely dinner at their restaurant. Free Wireless Internet all over the hotel is also a plus. Friendly staff!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2009

The hotel is located right opposite Malmo central station which is great. Went to our room to find the curtain rail broken, went to reception who changed our room for us straight away, so no problems there. The hotel has so many rooms, its like a maze to find your room (we had 2 lifts), but all was fine.
Both rooms we saw I wouldn't say were 4 star rooms, but they were absolutely fine for us, a young couple looking for somewhere to sleep! Rooms were comfortable and clean, and a very good size. Bathroom was good, and the bed was soo comfy, I had a great nights sleep!
The breakfast in the morning was amazing! All you could eat! Was definitely one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had, they had everything from hot stuff to cereal to yoghurt to rolls with ham and cheese! Great choice!
I would say that the hotel was quite good value, although like I said I dont think our rooms were quite the 4 star we were expecting, although still very nice.
All in all a very nice stay though, recommended!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2008

I stayed at the Savoy for a business trip. It was perfectly located within walking distance from the Central train station...even in the snow :-). It was a clean hotel with a friendly staff. Staying with colleagues, it seemed the room sizes weren't consistent even though we all booked the same class of room. My room was comfortable and roomy and I was pleased. It is centrally located to a lot of things you can do in Malmo and walkable from pretty much everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)